Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 2018-19 Squad Numbers Confirmed

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Unless the club know Hemed is going by Thursday, I’m not sure I like him losing his number. He may not be likely to play much this season but he’s been a committed, reliable and successful player for us for three years. It seems a bit of an unnecessary insult. And who is he losing his number to? A guy who hasn’t really looked like he even wants to be here in his seven months at the club.

Andone has been here a month or so, the player you are referring to has the number 9 shirt and to say he doesn’t look like he wants to be here, when his last start away to Man U he was MoM is a little strange...

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Unless the club know Hemed is going by Thursday, I’m not sure I like him losing his number. He may not be likely to play much this season but he’s been a committed, reliable and successful player for us for three years. It seems a bit of an unnecessary insult. And who is he losing his number to? A guy who hasn’t really looked like he even wants to be here in his seven months at the club.

Tomer lost his number to Florin Andone, who only joined us in May. I presume you were getting confused with Jurgen Locadia, and saying he looks like her doesn't want to be here, is a tad harsh.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Apologies. I only skim read it. I have no problem with Andone but the point is still similar, i.e. we are disrespecting a player who has achieved a lot for us in favour of someone who has done absolutely nothing. I don’t see what it achieves.

I think you have a point there especially as there is a chance he might have to be the main man on Saturday, and has never really let us down when he has been.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Maybe I'm missing the point, but if I were an Albion striker I'd be honoured to be given the no.25 shirt. He may have even requested it.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Maybe I'm missing the point, but if I were an Albion striker I'd be honoured to be given the no.25 shirt. He may have even requested it.

3 years wearing the number 10 shirt but now he's chosen to change? No chance - he's worn it all pre-season, this is a slap in his face and it's a big surprise to me. Duffy changing to number 4 after wearing 22 at Everton and Blackburn before us is an odd one but maybe he's wanted 4 the whole time and only now can get it. It doesn't seem right to me!

I feel sorry for Suttner, he's not had his number yanked off him but he seems to have no pathway into the team which is very harsh based on his performances last season.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Two of my son's old shirts have 25 on the back, one for Lua Lua and one for Bobby. He's never asked for 10.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I'd prefer it if squad numbers were lobbed in the bin altogether and the team that start the game simply wore 1 through to 11 and substitutes were allocated number 12 through to however many subs you can have these days.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
And tonight Naylor writes an article about the squad numbers with the byline “Tomer’s number up at the Albion” with the context again stating he’s one of the players up for grabs heading into deadline day.

Naylor only posts club sanctioned transfer news so he’s off in my book. Whether there’s a direct replacement coming in remains to be seen but I smell something happening that will be completely leftfield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Hemed posted an Instagram video showing his new number, so hopefully that means he's not too dismayed by it. Love Tomer, one of the classiest individuals in the squad. Hope he stays and has a good year for us.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
83a85a37ee35176fadcde793829f033d.jpg

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Just thinking about it, I'd be very surprised if Hemed was sold/loaned out. We only have four strikers, and the fitness of the other three is nowhere near guaranteed. If Murray hasn't recovered by Saturday I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Hemed leading the line at Watford. Chris knows what he gets from Tomer and with the additional firepower from elsewhere on the field, we could still pose a decent threat at Vicarage Road.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Andone has been here a month or so, the player you are referring to has the number 9 shirt and to say he doesn’t look like he wants to be here, when his last start away to Man U he was MoM is a little strange...

Actually, his last start was away to our arch rivals, and he stood scratching his arse, whilst his man jogged past him after 2 minutes, to win the corner that put us 1-0 down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here