Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Think that's the long and the short of it.

Ryan.jpg

Ali and Ryan meet up in London for a drink....

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I don't get the complaints about the Dutch League to be honest, we've signed total tosh from multiple leagues including our own. Doesn't mean they're all rubbish. Besides, the calibre is completely different to what we've had in the past. You can't compare Bergkamp and Manu to Locadia and Jahanbahksh. It's far too soon to judge Locadia (except on the quality of his music) and we haven't even signed Jahanbahksh yet!

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
If it was the first sign of trouble then I’d be with you, but it seems quite a labourious saga now (again). Hughton must love the guy - I hope he’s right in his assessment.

I don't think there's any transfer that isn't laborious and long winded. They take months of work to get them over the line, it's just that some don't surface until immediately prior to unveiling and some leak early.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Bash Bash He shot you down
Bash Bash He's from Iran
Bash Bash. Cost many pounds
Bash Bash. Ali Basher shot you
down down down
down down d-d down
down down

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Bash Bash He shot you down
Bash Bash He's from Iran
Bash Bash. Cost many pounds
Bash Bash. Ali Basher shot you
down down down
down down d-d down
down down

Can we have at least just one song based on Elton John's music please :rolleyes:

I can't see Elton doing anything but throwing a mighty strop at the recent ones.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Naylor and Owen been pretty crap really. Widely reported we are in for our biggest fee ever. Social media is buzzing with it.

You would of thought they could carry out a bit of investigative journalism to bring us something / be a part of it.

It's clearly a live enquiry so their radio silence is pretty strange.

Even if they report on what some of us know / think we know on twitter , at least its something from our local reporters .

Pushing out content on the stores latest offers / other non stories really bizarre.

So you want a professional journalist to repeat tweets from people on NSC who are guessing something on a subject about which the Club has not said one word?

I’m delighted they don’t do that, and that they stay silent until they have some credible news.

The only bizarre thing is your pathetically contrived effort to criticise them.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I would like to go back to the days when the first thing you knew we had a new player, was a John Vinnicombe exclusive on the back page of the Argus.
I find this whole twitter, instagram, etc far too stressful.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do BASH!
Aaaaaaah!
King of the impossible!
Do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do BASH!
Aaaaaaah!
He's scoring another goal!

etc

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Can we have at least just one song based on Elton John's music please :rolleyes:

I can't see Elton doing anything but throwing a mighty strop at the recent ones.

I'm really struggling to fit 'Ali' or 'Bash(er) or Iran into any of his wonderful songs. I feel utterly defeated.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
If he can score goals in England like Suarez (who was playing in Holland when Liverpool signed him)and signs for us then he will be a great signing.

Had that discussion earlier in the thread, that was some time ago...... [emoji2]

Hope you are right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly

Ali Jahanbaksh, he want to sign on
He want to sign on
He want to sign on
Want to sign on
He want sign on.......

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Naylor and Owen been pretty crap really. Widely reported we are in for our biggest fee ever. Social media is buzzing with it.

You would of thought they could carry out a bit of investigative journalism to bring us something / be a part of it.

It's clearly a live enquiry so their radio silence is pretty strange.

Even if they report on what some of us know / think we know on twitter , at least its something from our local reporters .

Pushing out content on the stores latest offers / other non stories really bizarre.

Silence ? The Argus has 3 people on its sports desk. One of them was on holiday last week. Yet 1-2 of em still covered various transfers, friendlies, interviews with players, multiple Match reports and cricket/Sussex amongst other things, 3 pages in the paper every day, multiple tweets , and as for Alireza then
- they were the first outlet in UK to confirm interest late on a Friday night via a club source and an exclusive Dutch source, have done several stories on it since (not much has really happened has it ?) , and have continued to report on it. Assuming they are talking, close to fixing a deal which sounds like that’s the case then I expect they are prepping various pieces ready to go for when he signs.

As for the Woodward / Bernstein stuff. Then NSC /Twitter seems more than capable of giving you stuff like shoreham airport timetables and clips of Hughton driving home from Lancing.

PS : if you think the Argus should be doing more - buy it. Journalism and editors and verifying facts isn’t free.

Jimmy Grimble

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here