Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2017/18 NSC player ratings collated

Hammer15

Apr 20, 2016
Montclair, NJ
Next set:

v Stoke (h)
Joint MOM - Dale Stephens and Davy Propper - 7.58 (they never give the ball a-waaaay)
3rd - Glenn Murray - 6.98
Worst performer - Anthony Knockaert - 5.58

v Man Utd (a)
Three-way joint MOM - Anthony Knockaert, Pascal Gross and Shane Duffy - 8.00
Worst performer (excluding Hemed's cameo off the bench) - Solly March - 5.78

And as posted in the other thread:
v Crystal Palace (h)
Your man of the match - for the third time this season - is Mat Ryan with 7.50.
2nd was Markus Suttner with 7.08.
3rd was Anthony Knockaert with 6.93.

Worst performer - Glenn Murray with 5.80, though he was ran pretty close.

Hammer15

Apr 20, 2016
Montclair, NJ
And here is the leaderboard after 14 games. Figure in brackets is games played with a rating allocated. Minimum qualification is 50% of games allocated a rating (Gaetan Bong misses out by one game, otherwise he'd be in fifth)

Lewis Dunk ( 14 ) 7.59
Shane Duffy ( 14 ) 7.21
Solly March ( 11 ) 6.98
Mathew Ryan ( 14 ) 6.91
Davy Pröpper ( 14 ) 6.74
Bruno ( 13 ) 6.64
Dale Stephens ( 14 ) 6.64
Pascal Groß ( 14 ) 6.61
José Izquierdo ( 9 ) 6.57
Anthony Knockaert ( 14 ) 6.57
Glenn Murray ( 10 ) 6.52
Markus Suttner ( 8 ) 6.40
Tomer Hemed ( 7 ) 6.14

Full figures here

Hammer15

Apr 20, 2016
Montclair, NJ
Sheet updated with the two latest games...

v Liverpool (h)

MOM was Izzy Brown with 6.63
2nd Gaetan Bong 6.60
3rd Anthony Knockaert 6.03
Worst Davy Propper 4.73

v Huddersfield (a)

MOM Mat Ryan 6.05
2nd Lewis Dunk 5.85
3rd Dale Stephens 5.20
Worst Ezequiel Schelloto with an astonishing 2.50, by far the lowest of any performance this season, only rivalled by Izzy Brown's 3.10 in the same game.

This will be my last update of the spreadsheet until the New Year probably, as I'm away for the next two weeks then got a busy Christmas planned. Then it'll take me a while to catch up on all the ratings. Please keep starting the ratings threads and I'll catch up eventually!

Hammer15

Apr 20, 2016
Montclair, NJ
And finally back up to date. This took a while so I'm just going to post MOMs for the six games since the last update:

v Spurs (a) - Shane Duffy 6.81
v Burnley (h) - Mat Ryan 7.98
v Watford (h) - Connor Goldson 8.38
v Chelsea (a) - Mat Ryan 7.54
v Newcastle (a) - Mat Ryan 8.18
v Bournemouth (h) - Jose Izquierdo 8.25

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Great work! What a month Maty Ryan had in December.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
And finally back up to date. This took a while so I'm just going to post MOMs for the six games since the last update:

v Spurs (a) - Shane Duffy 6.81
v Burnley (h) - Mat Ryan 7.98
v Watford (h) - Connor Goldson 8.38
v Chelsea (a) - Mat Ryan 7.54
v Newcastle (a) - Mat Ryan 8.18
v Bournemouth (h) - Jose Izquierdo 8.25

Thank you. Always enjoy reading the ratings threads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammer15

Apr 20, 2016
Montclair, NJ
Sorry for irregular updates at the mo. Life getting in the way a bit.

Still, I'm up to date now. MOMs for the last four matches:

v West Brom (a) - Sam Baldock 5.98 - the first MOM to go to a sub, and also the lowest MOM score this season
v Chelsea (h) - Ezequiel Schelotto 8.20
v Southampton (a) - Lewis Dunk 7.19
v West Ham (h) - Pascal Gross 7.90, but four other players 7.75 or above, which bears out what people said on the thread that there were 5 or 6 MOM contenders.

I don't have edit rights to the opening post so if a moderator can edit the subject to 'updated after West Ham game' or something, I'd appreciate it as this thread can get buried a bit.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
v West Brom (a) - Sam Baldock 5.98 - the first MOM to go to a sub, and also the lowest MOM score this season

I was so pissed off with the result, that I had forgotton what a difference Baldock made when he came on. He looked good and I woukd love to see him play more alongsode a Murray/Lokadia/Ulloa.

Lets see if Jurgen can also win MOM coming off the bench against Stoke on Saturday.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
This is quite spectacular. One of the best things I have seen on NSC. A mate and I agreed that there were only two worthy contenders for player of the season and they are the two out in front on here - Dunk and Ryan

One suggestion, something that I’d like to see if you ever have the time - line graphs tracking form. The data shows things I expected to see, duffy’s slump in form and very recent recovery, March’s dip once Izquierdo took away regular game time.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex

v West Ham (h) - Pascal Gross 7.90, but four other players 7.75 or above, which bears out what people said on the thread that there were 5 or 6 MOM contenders.

I don't have edit rights to the opening post so if a moderator can edit the subject to 'updated after West Ham game' or something, I'd appreciate it as this thread can get buried a bit.

Thanks really appreciate your work, while maybe you don't get the feedback you deserve.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Fantastic work, thanks

Hammer15

Apr 20, 2016
Montclair, NJ
Hi all, just a quick note to apologise for lack of updates to this recently - typical this happens during our best run of the season. I probably won't get the chance to catch right up for a while as I'm in the process of moving out of the UK. Hope to be caught up in early April.

Hammer15

Apr 20, 2016
Montclair, NJ
Hi all, just a quick note to apologise for lack of updates to this recently - typical this happens during our best run of the season. I probably won't get the chance to catch right up for a while as I'm in the process of moving out of the UK. Hope to be caught up in early April.

So, erm, this didn't happen. Sorry.

Happy to hand over a template of the spreadsheet to whoever wants it (or can improve on it) for the new season, but I won't have time to do it myself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here