Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2018 Thread

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
To tie up the Brighton connection my son is now a Falcons fan “because they have Matt Ryan”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Overturned but Brees QB sneaks in the subsequent play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like a hell of a game. Brees and Ryan had a combined 8 TDs between them when I was watching

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Good to see the Jags are still an inconsistent as ever. How do you beat the Pats one week and then lose 9-6 to the Titans?

Not a great show from my Broncos - too many penalties and turnovers in defeat to the Ravens.

One of the worst Jags games I’ve ever watched . The play calling was atrocious. We took zero shots downfield, the worst thing was punting from our own 40 on 4th and 2, with 3 mins on the clock and trailing 9-6.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
The Chicago team bearly outlasts a horrible Cardinal team. They should be summoned to the Vatican. I heard there is some problems with the way they use their youth.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I think the NFL entered a parallel universe last night...
Lions spanking the Patriots??!! The Bills beating up on the Vikes??!! Crazy.
The league needs to scrap this ridiculous rule about sacking the QB asap. Another BS call against Matthews...that was textbook tackling - yet other more dangerous hits / slams go unpunished?! May as well just make the QBs wear a red shirt and say no hitting at all...��

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I think the NFL entered a parallel universe last night...
Lions spanking the Patriots??!! The Bills beating up on the Vikes??!! Crazy.
The league needs to scrap this ridiculous rule about sacking the QB asap. Another BS call against Matthews...that was textbook tackling - yet other more dangerous hits / slams go unpunished?! May as well just make the QBs wear a red shirt and say no hitting at all...��

or no heading the football.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Tyrod Taylor really is a terrible QB, if he didn't have his mobility he'd struggle to find a job as a backup. Not sure how he's a starter!

And yet he got an awful Bills team to the playoffs last year. He's about as safe and unspectacular as it gets. It's Mayfield's job now and the sky is the limit with that kid. A few rookie errors but his arm is just unbelievable. He sure doesn't lack for a bit of confidence....

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Raiders 0-3, not great

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Great bounce back by the Redskins this week. looked controlled on offence and menacing again on defence.

Even as a Skins fan I would express sympathy with Clay Matthews for the roughing penalty he received. I can see why it was given as he forcefully used his shoulder to pin Smith to the ground. I do not disagree with the call (although it was harsh), the rule itself is problem. it's badly drawn up and open to too much interpretation. The Matthews hit was in my opinion a good hit and not designed to hurt the QB, the NFL really need to sort this out.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Great bounce back by the Redskins this week. looked controlled on offence and menacing again on defence.

Even as a Skins fan I would express sympathy with Clay Matthews for the roughing penalty he received. I can see why it was given as he forcefully used his shoulder to pin Smith to the ground. I do not disagree with the call (although it was harsh), the rule itself is problem. it's badly drawn up and open to too much interpretation. The Matthews hit was in my opinion a good hit and not designed to hurt the QB, the NFL really need to sort this out.

Two weeks running he has got a pen for similar hit. All about protecting the QB and the big assets to teams and advertisers.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
First half masterclass by Big Ben against Buccs tonight

Yeah - great play by Roethlisberger. Don't normally get a chance to see the Monday night games but this is great viewing. 30-10 to the Steelers at halftime. Just saw the outrageous TD by the Bucaneers! - now 30-16. Just reversed, back to 30-10!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
A truly appalling start to the season by the 0-3 Texans. For a team that boasted Arian Foster just a few seasons ago, the run game is dire.

One of the few bright spots is the return of the wrecking machine, JJ Watt, who's finally back from injury.

Most neutral fans if not opposing quarterbacks will be pleased to see him back as there were real fears that it might not happen.

The AFC South looks like it might have returned to dross from the gold of last year, so it's probably anyone's division.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here