Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Everton Away Tickets

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Why on earth have they only put the front section of the lower tier on sale only.
You can't not sell the back of the lower tier if you have already started selling the front.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
There appears to be a lack of interest in this one.

Personally I've got in and bought the lower tier, ten rows back as then there is no risk of the restricted view that you get in some areas in the middle and upper tiers. Is everyone else waiting for the higher tiers to open?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Horrible, cramped concourse. Stuck in the corner, if farther back then watch through a letterbox.

Awful place.

Added to the crap transport, one train an hour back to London, 1727 then 1827 - I'm sure the new timetables have made these earlier as it was a rush last year but I'm sure it was more than half an hour to be back to Lime Street

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Why on earth have they only put the front section of the lower tier on sale only.
You can't not sell the back of the lower tier if you have already started selling the front.

Because nobody would want to be at the back, with a dreadful view.

Bod

Dec 8, 2015
There appears to be a lack of interest in this one.

Personally I've got in and bought the lower tier, ten rows back as then there is no risk of the restricted view that you get in some areas in the middle and upper tiers. Is everyone else waiting for the higher tiers to open?

I thought the view from the upper tier was one of the best all last season. Unfortunately these are selling so slowly I cannot see the upper tier opening this time and so have bought the best I can in LV4.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Because nobody would want to be at the back, with a dreadful view.

May not be the case in view of the fact tickets are not selling.
Does the Ticket office realise that LV1/LV2 are in the same section as LV3/LV4?
It's like putting the front 14 rows of a stand only on sale.
Would not surprise me if the upper tier (UV1/UV2) is not opened but at least put all of the lower tier on sale.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
May not be the case in view of the fact tickets are not selling.
Does the Ticket office realise that LV1/LV2 are in the same section as LV3/LV4?
It's like putting the front 14 rows of a stand only on sale.
Would not surprise me if the upper tier (UV1/UV2) is not opened but at least put all of the lower tier on sale.

You will find that there is a solid barrier between LV1/2 and LV3/4 with only 2 or 3 easily-blockable 4 feet wide gaps.
So our ticket office has obviously been guided by the Goodison staff telling them the order of sale.
These two levels are accessed from the concourse by separate sets of stairwells from the concourse, where these stairwells can be easily blocked-off.
More concerning is the weather as this lowest level is greatly exposed to the elements.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
My view from LV2 last year in case anyone is considering it.

59b3bf752cad710cf0d8cbb52b9bb82e.jpg

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Really overrated ground in my opinion, not a fan of it at all. I did like their fanzone though, whilst (like the ground) it was cramped, it was well organised and far preferable to using the concourse inside the ground. Get a cab to the ground and walk back to Lime Street (around an hour or so give or take but all downhill) would be my advice.

Hopefully we can put up a better performance than last season's limp display.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
You will find that there is a solid barrier between LV1/2 and LV3/4 with only 2 or 3 easily-blockable 4 feet wide gaps.
So our ticket office has obviously been guided by the Goodison staff telling them the order of sale.
These two levels are accessed from the concourse by separate sets of stairwells from the concourse, where these stairwells can be easily blocked-off.
More concerning is the weather as this lowest level is greatly exposed to the elements.

I was in row 1 of LV2 last year. I could jump over the wall into LV4.
Not in a million years will Everton sell those to their fans. It is one level and the club would have had to commit to the whole of the lower level.
So far around 570 tickets sold. Tickets are not budging.
With the back of the lower tier being the next blocks to be released that would be the 1,000/1500 allocation we are likely to use.
Buying away tickets at worst last year to 30 minutes.
Now it takes days of checking and refreshing to see what blocks they have released.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Really overrated ground in my opinion, not a fan of it at all. I did like their fanzone though, whilst (like the ground) it was cramped, it was well organised and far preferable to using the concourse inside the ground. Get a cab to the ground and walk back to Lime Street (around an hour or so give or take but all downhill) would be my advice.

Hopefully we can put up a better performance than last season's limp display.

Nice away day until you step inside the stadium

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Buying away tickets at worst last year to 30 minutes.
Now it takes days of checking and refreshing to see what blocks they have released.

Only if you don't want the blocks that have been released initially, personally I much prefer the new approach of being able to actually pick the seat you want, and had my Everton ticket secured by 9.02 on Tuesday

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Only if you don't want the blocks that have been released initially, personally I much prefer the new approach of being able to actually pick the seat you want, and had my Everton ticket secured by 9.02 on Tuesday

The problem with it though is because every waits it becomes self fulfilling. I'd rather the club took a stab at what the allocation was going to be. I doubt we will take more than 2,000 for this so we could have just asked for that and then released all blocks at the same time. That's real choice.

Note only 16 left in LV4 and 118 in LV3. These are the only blocks guaranteed not to have a restricted view.

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
I called supporter services on this. They said that they release blocks in the order that the home club directs.

As has been pointed out before, the risk with this is that if lots of folk hang on waiting for a better block to become available the club may just see limited uptake and decide not to take the additional blocks.

In this case, with only around 100 tickets left in the first two blocks, I'm still hanging on at the moment......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here