Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
jersey 5.png

jersey 6.png

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As nothing can be original any more, on this thread, I'm going to say it again:-

I've always thought Mike Ashley missed a trick with Newcastle being synonymous with black and white stripes.

Before the poison set in were he to have pumped enough money (not a lot in the whole scheme of things) into Newcastle rugby basketball, netball etc, to change their kits to black and white stripes he'd have to city sown up.

The club is still preaching about 'winning over Sussex', what better way than Brighton rugby, Worthing basketball, Eastbourne speedway (ok I'm reaching already, but you get the point).

Get all of the county in sporting variations of the stripes promote all Sussex sport behind the big dog.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Any thoughts on the AITC jersey?

View attachment 100007

Sadly you can't wear blue and white stripes with black shorts.

Only a crazy person would wear white or blue shorts, and the less said about [MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION]'s opinions on brown shorts, the better.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Having moved to Yorkshire some cycling observations:
- there are a lot more cyclists. A LOT.
- the roads are generally in better condition.
- I'm finding it easier than expected to get used to the scale of the hills
- perhaps most significantly, drivers and cyclists seem to get along fine. They give each other room, thank each other, give way to each other, and don't shout abuse at each other.
- Bikes are welcome, nay encouraged on packed rush hour trains too and from Leeds

I'm loving it.

I've moved to Yorkshire this month too (Barnsley). I have not managed to get my bike out yet (the combination of a house move and a newborn baby will probably keep me off the bike for the foreseeable). However, the number of bikes on my commute from Barnsley to Wakefield has really struck me. Will have to make sure I unpack my steed and give it a go.

It's a bit hilly, mind.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I've moved to Yorkshire this month too (Barnsley). I have not managed to get my bike out yet (the combination of a house move and a newborn baby will probably keep me off the bike for the foreseeable). However, the number of bikes on my commute from Barnsley to Wakefield has really struck me. Will have to make sure I unpack my steed and give it a go.

It's a bit hilly, mind.

Excellent, another one for pub meet ups for games perhaps?

I hardly did any cycling for about 2 years after my daughter came along - just not enough time or energy (and hat hasn't improved much now).

It's positively FLAT down there compared to here mind :)

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Any thoughts on the AITC jersey?

View attachment 100007

Sadly you can't wear blue and white stripes with black shorts.

Only a crazy person would wear white or blue shorts, and the less said about [MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION]'s opinions on brown shorts, the better.

AG2R's kit is a thing of beauty, brown shorts and all.

However, I only wear black shorts...

As for the AITC shirt, I think it is horrible. Stripy cycle shirts look wrong, and I don't want to wear what looks like a football shirt when I am riding my bike.

Also, the zip is ABSURDLY small. Cycle shirts should (almost) always have a full zip.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
If anyone is after a new / spare lid - then I can highly recommend the Planet X models. Got a couple myself recently, & the Croix is superb value at a tenner...

https://www.planetx.co.uk/c/q/clothing/helmets

After feeling rather silly seeing how filthy my chainrings were when my bike went in last, I decided to get another cleaning thing. Super inexpensive there, so thanks for the link. Also got a bottle cage toolbox which will be ideal for my commute, again at silly money.

I'd rather have a zip free T myself.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Excellent, another one for pub meet ups for games perhaps?

I hardly did any cycling for about 2 years after my daughter came along - just not enough time or energy (and hat hasn't improved much now).

It's positively FLAT down there compared to here mind :)
Absolutely! [emoji106]

I did the medium tour de Yorkshire sportive earlier in the year. The Côte de Otley Chevin rendered my unable to move my legs!

Hoping to join a local cycling club in the new year.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Absolutely! [emoji106]

I did the medium tour de Yorkshire sportive earlier in the year. The Côte de Otley Chevin rendered my unable to move my legs!

Hoping to join a local cycling club in the new year.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

That's about a mile from my house :)

Glanders

Mar 12, 2012
Works well because of sensible zip length.

[MENTION=23986]Glanders[/MENTION] and [MENTION=16720]Indurain's Lungs[/MENTION] - why have you dropped off my strava feed?

I binned it off, I'm afraid. I stopped racing this year and found Strava was feeding the obsession, so thought I'd better stop that too! Still getting the miles in though. Hope things are good with you?

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Works well because of sensible zip length.
[MENTION=23986]Glanders[/MENTION] and [MENTION=16720]Indurain's Lungs[/MENTION] - why have you dropped off my strava feed?
Not been on the bike for about 18 months. I only ever rode to/from work so once I started working from home, I just found I was never riding.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here