Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Final 24 hours of the Window

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Surely Spurs have to sign someone?! Surely?!!

I find that incredible. They could lose Alderweireld, Rose and Dembele in a matter of days, and with so many England players returning from a World Cup they are most definitely short (even allowing for emerging players like Winks and Walker-Peters).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just how many teams are allowed in the top 6:-

Get Involved
#bbcfootball or text 81111

Robert Leigh: As a West Ham fan I'm really exited about this season. It's normally doom and gloom and mostly about how quick we can get to the magical 40 points, but we've made some fantastic signings this time do I'm looking for a good push - I'm optimistic for a top six finish.

:lolol: :facepalm:

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit

Get Involved

Robert Leigh: As a West Ham fan I'm really exited about this season. It's normally doom and gloom and mostly about how quick we can get to the magical 40 points, but we've made some fantastic signings this time do I'm looking for a good push - I'm optimistic for a top six finish.

six teams are allowed in the top six. They can be any six from the 20 starters. I think this is the same rule as last season and possibly the one before too.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
six teams are allowed in the top six. They can be any six from the 20 starters. I think this is the same as last season and possibly the one before too.

Ah that's what's confusing me.

You see I thought as well as the 6 teams that have always been the top 6 teams, I thought they might now be letting more teams into the top 6 places, palace, Wolves, Everton & now West Ham.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
six teams are allowed in the top six. They can be any six from the 20 starters. I think this is the same rule as last season and possibly the one before too.

and there was me thinking you could have 8 in the top six as long as Everton didnt mind being 7th & any other being 8th :p

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Ah that's what's confusing me.

You see I thought as well as the 6 teams that have always been the top 6 teams, I thought they might now be letting more teams into the top 6 places, palace, Wolves, Everton & now West Ham.

Wolves will be top 4 according to some clown on Talksport 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wolves will be top 4 according to some clown on Talksport ��

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now I'm getting really confused.

City
Utd
Liverpool
Spurs
Wolves

all in the top 4?

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005

Get Involved

In all fairness, as it stands right now I'd expect them to be top half, maybe 'best of the rest.' But we all know signings don't always pan out. Gonna be an interesting season.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

In all of the pre-season hype I don't think I've heard one comment or question about whether anyone will challenge the Big 6.

It's almost a given and further backed up by "The Debate" agendas which invariably discuss each of the Big 6 in turn with no mention of the other 14, despite this being "the best league in the world".

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
So, Press Conference for Saturday is done & dusted. CH doesn't have to talk about new signings.

Should start seeing the announcement(s) for any new signings soon?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In all fairness, as it stands right now I'd expect them to be top half, maybe 'best of the rest.' But we all know signings don't always pan out. Gonna be an interesting season.

True enough, esp with West Ham's recent history of turning pennies into pounds. :lol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Now I'm getting really confused.

City
Utd
Liverpool
Spurs
Wolves

all in the top 4?

Plus Chelsea and Arsenal. The top 4 has become massive this season.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
According to talkshite we are signing the injured Dan Burn and loaning him straight back to Wigan

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Just had a chat to Dale in Hove. The only place he’s heading us home to rest, apparently. So that’s a plus

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here