Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] NSC Chess Club

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I'm IN. But it's a looonngg time since I've played.

Welcome Brighton-Lines, our 37th member! Some/most of us havent or hadnt played for YEARs either, all levels catered for. Sign up for the Ajax game if you like, sure there will be a space , or just play some friiendles. Its very welcoming and as competetive or not as you want, HWT come join too

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Is there any objection to non-NSC members joining? I know three people who are good players (one's a really, really good player) but, as far as I know, not NSC members. They're all Albion fans though.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Yay, my Juve opponent has just resigned ... twice

Only need half a point to win this one now

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
MASSIVE WIN NSC

That really is going to take some beating, well played all fantastic performance

Capture.JPG

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Brilliant

Well done everyone

Just won my first point vs St Pauli. Never been so ruddy nervous, even waking up thinking about my next move[emoji51][emoji51]

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Brilliant

Well done everyone

Just won my first point vs St Pauli. Never been so ruddy nervous, even waking up thinking about my next move[emoji51][emoji51]

Well done, Nobby, marvellous scenes.

I'm doing OK in my game too - I have a slightly better position but it's certainly no gimme. I had a better position in my other game with him too and he came back.

We've given these Romanians a decent game - considering they're ranked 75 out of 27,000

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Well done, Nobby, marvellous scenes.

I'm doing OK in my game too - I have a slightly better position but it's certainly no gimme. I had a better position in my other game with him too and he came back.

We've given these Romanians a decent game - considering they're ranked 75 out of 27,000

Keep going mate
Great fun isn’t it[emoji122]

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I've just seen that we've won the Juve game too. We're on fire at the moment

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I've just seen that we've won the Juve game too. We're on fire at the moment

Indeed we are! The DACCII game is a joy to watch we are a quite formidable bunch :) A couple more wins under our belt an we will challenge some Russians again, they have many sides.

I've issued a couple of team challenges later in May, Galatassary declined to play us, though waiting to hear from Bayern Munich (who have a very strong and active side( and Arsenal (who we challenged before but got no response)

I mentioned on the timeouts thread, if anyone has got any teams (there are more abroad in big enough numbers than UK ones) they would like to challenge let me know. Also wuill look to challenge soe National sides based on the World Cup fixtures for us

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Brilliant

Well done everyone

Top draw mate, never saw this!

We are proving very formidable

Whats you username in the NSC team? (I suppose I could go check)

Also, its a while away chaps but I have challenged the best matched World Cup teams I could find. The kick off date for the games is pretty much 2 weeks before KO in the corresponding World Cup football group matches. All games are open ratings, standard 2 days per move and a start day of FRIDAYs on this occasion. Hopefully the 3 teams will accept

June 1 - Team Tunisia vs Brighton & Hove Albion NSC (World Cup Special challenge)
June 8 - University Panama vs Brighton & Hove Albion NSC (World Cup Special challenge)
June 15 - Bruxelles/Brussel vs Brighton & Hove Albion NSC (World Cup Special challenge)

Please all check post on the Blitz thread for the next NSC Blitz tournament before I set it up

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Hey guys please check your message if you havent been on recently

Below are our open fixtures, please sign up if you havent already especially anyone new. No more challenges are going to be issued right now unless any of the games in progress grind to a halt. The open challenges should see us through to the WORLD CUP games, maybe fit one more in and cap the rating to <1300

Capture.JPG

Questions/SisterDolly you are going to be a like for like sub for me I think for the Ajax game unless anyone drops out tonight. Otherwise we are pitching pretty mich our strongest team we can vs Ajax, their board 5 is a FIDE master!

One more player needed for Qarabagh, starting on Tuesday. 16 vs 16. Anyone not signed up yet, opportunity to get your first game under your belt if you are new whatever your level

There will be NSC blitz tourney tomorrow night. 5|0 games, rounds to be decided

Also if anyone is NOT involved in a team match at the moment and wants to be/is on the bench PM me and I will free up a place/make sure you get in a game, I try and keep an eye out but obviously can watch each player

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'll drop out of the Arsenal game if they haven't got enough players - give someone else a go

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I'll drop out of the Arsenal game if they haven't got enough players - give someone else a go

Cheers Gwylan, we've got a bi of time until the Arsenal game and I expect them to field more than the 7 already registered but will put you down as a potential sub. Basically we kind of want everyone to register for the games they want to and if subs are necessary then everyone is eligible to be subbed for no real reason (other than avoidable time outs)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Sorry chaps, I completely screwed up in my game against the Dacii - I made a move quickly and didn't think it through, lost my rook and had to resign.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Sorry chaps, I completely screwed up in my game against the Dacii - I made a move quickly and didn't think it through, lost my rook and had to resign.

Gwylan OUT!

Unlucky mate, not seen your game, I am sure it was as close if not more than all the others in this battle. Lets put this match in perspective!
We are 14-11 down with 3 points available and 3 games to finish
mune ni kamone and DTES still flying the flag and a draw still possible. It's going to take a fantastic effort from these guys (DTES games are watertight and mune is the the slight favourite in his)

DACCII arent even a football team, they are a long established institution. They have 63 games on the go simultaneously. They are ranked #75 out of #25000 teams. Every board has been epic against higher ranked players. Our performance is something to behold. I lost both my games, one of which I am still gutted about but played the best game of my life. Epic match, up there with Qarabagh. And still not beyond the realms of possibility that we can draw it.

Qarabagh rematch starts tomorrow, our toughest challenge to date and a 17 vs 17 grudge match. They are baying for our blood. It is going to be intense for each board and each point, they have brought out their big guns

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Gwylan OUT!

Unlucky mate, not seen your game, I am sure it was as close if not more than all the others in this battle. Lets put this match in perspective!

I'm just gutted though. We were reaching the end game dead level and I lost concentration. What annoyed me is that I had a winning position in the other game and he managed to scrape a draw.

Oh well, on to the Qarabagh match - that's going to be a toughie

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Gwylan OUT!

mune ni kamone and DTES still flying the flag and a draw still possible. It's going to take a fantastic effort from these guys (DTES games are watertight and mune is the the slight favourite in his)

DACCII arent even a football team, they are a long established institution. They have 63 games on the go simultaneously. They are ranked #75 out of #25000 teams. Every board has been epic against higher ranked players. Our performance is something to behold. I lost both my games, one of which I am still gutted about but played the best game of my life. Epic match, up there with Qarabagh. And still not beyond the realms of possibility that we can draw it.

Qarabagh rematch starts tomorrow, our toughest challenge to date and a 17 vs 17 grudge match. They are baying for our blood. It is going to be intense for each board and each point, they have brought out their big guns

My new opponent is involved in 77 matches at the moment. Absolutely ridiculous. It must be consuming his whole life..... oh!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here