Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Sets up the TDF very nicely.

We have some very promising British riders in there.

Heads up Strava Geeks.

It's Saturday & [MENTION=23986]Glanders[/MENTION] has done less than 100 miles.

I sense something epic (and fookin fast) is happening tomorrow morning.

I noticed that..I was getting a little bit excited at the possibility of having the second longest...then Mr Nunn smashes out a 142k!! Bugger!

D

Deleted member 22389

Brilliant finish to Dauphine today as others have mentioned. Now that finished we have the Tour of Switzerland to watch.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Heads up Strava Geeks.

It's Saturday & [MENTION=23986]Glanders[/MENTION] has done less than 100 miles.

I sense something epic (and fookin fast) is happening tomorrow morning.
Glanders has done it again, well worth checking out on Strava.
Just try not to shake your head off your neck.

Looks like there's a little 100 mile sojourn somewhere out in Kent with his name on it!

I'll bet my house that's where we'll find him.
It's like catnip to the fella.
and there's us thinking he'll be happy with a piffling 100 miles.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Glanders has done it again, well worth checking out on Strava.
Just try not to shake your head off your neck.

and there's us thinking he'll be happy with a piffling 100 miles.

Just 285 miles! Incredible stuff - between this and the crazies on the running thread doing the South Downs Way Race (100 miles), I'm feeling quite inadequate!

Glanders

Mar 12, 2012
Thanks a lot folks! It was only the thought of first place on the nsc strava leader board that was driving me on. I was a mile short of last year's total, but considering my evaporating form, I'm more than happy with that.

Now if you want proper impressive, consider Mark Holton ' s winning distance of 314! It was his first 12 and only 3 miles shy of andy Wilkinson ' s competition record. Nuts.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Thanks a lot folks! It was only the thought of first place on the nsc strava leader board that was driving me on. I was a mile short of last year's total, but considering my evaporating form, I'm more than happy with that.

Now if you want proper impressive, consider Mark Holton ' s winning distance of 314! It was his first 12 and only 3 miles shy of andy Wilkinson ' s competition record. Nuts.

I've just seen this effort on Strava. Are you insane? That is quite simply amazing. There aren't enough Chapeaus to go round.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Don't you dare go humbly deflecting our admiration by talking of others.

That's a fantastic ride, brilliant stuff.

Yesterday I was refreshing Strava throughout the day waiting for your ride.
It got to the point where I thought you might have gone away, and [MENTION=22214]banjo[/MENTION] had top spot.

I can only assume this epic ride, last year, was too big of me to comprehend as only this morning did I think 'ah of course, he's done something mentals, again'.

Amazing riding.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
J
Don't you dare go humbly deflecting our admiration by talking of others.

That's a fantastic ride, brilliant stuff.

Yesterday I was refreshing Strava throughout the day waiting for your ride.
It got to the point where I thought you might have gone away, and [MENTION=22214]banjo[/MENTION] had top spot.

I can only assume this epic ride, last year, was too big of me to comprehend as only this morning did I think 'ah of course, he's done something mentals, again'.

Amazing riding.

Fantastic ride by Gladers, kudos. Just happy to make top 3 these days. Some top riding by all last week.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I really really struggled with [MENTION=17085]armchairclubber[/MENTION] having a 'hidden' back brake.
There's no way I can cope with 1 fork:-

1434031365541-46b35p36up8t-700-80.jpg

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Poor show. In solidarity, can we have a who-is-the-fittest Aviva Women's Tour competitor? I say that, but I mean runner up to Lizzie A. :love:

Ha, well she might win that, but she doesn't win best control of bicycle while celebrating with both hands off the bars!

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
[MENTION=20940]del[/MENTION]etebeepbeep is asking for 500 quid bike recommendations over on the tria****n thread.

Sounds like halfords cycle 2 work is an option so I've suggested boardman and also pointed to the road.cc 500 quid bike article. Anything to add from the geeks?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here