Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Turning back the clock

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
These days I would have to opt for a seat in the West Stand! Always preferred standing in the West Stand anyway, towards the southern end. Happy days!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
These days I would have to opt for a seat in the West Stand! Always preferred standing in the West Stand anyway, towards the southern end. Happy days!

We must have stood near each other in Mullery - Melia days.

I started off in the chicken run, graduated to the North in my teens. By the time I was 19, we were happy to stand in the South West. Happy days indeed.

I didn't bother so much with the South. Birdman and Rev would know that area better.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

I started off in the chicken run, graduated to the North in my teens. By the time I was 19, we were happy to stand in the South West. Happy days indeed.

I didn't bother so much with the South. Birdman and Rev would know that area better.

I made my league debut in North Stand in 1979 at the age of 10. My brother wouldn't take me after that because he said I was too GOBBY. I think I was just a promising youngster in the North Stand Development squad.

I especially liked singing 'Oh, my, what a referee'. The Complete And Utter Shyster would have been cowering.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I made my league debut in North Stand in 1979 at the age of 10. My brother wouldn't take me after that because he said I was too GOBBY. I think I was just a promising youngster in the North Stand Development squad.

I especially liked singing 'Oh, my, what a referee'. The Complete And Utter Shyster would have been cowering.

I always associated that song with the West Stand. They used to boom it out, even when I was in the East. That and "Come On You Blues" were the West's two songs.:)

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I always associated that song with the West Stand. They used to boom it out, even when I was in the East. That and "Come On You Blues" were the West's two songs.:)

That’s right. The North Stand would sing, “you’re a b.astard, you’re a b.astard etc
Or “You’re old lady is a whore’saaaaaaaaa”

Got to be an olden for those ones.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
No idea where to buy one of those silk like scarves to tie around my wrist.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
No idea where to buy one of those silk like scarves to tie around my wrist.

One from your belt and one round your wrist. How cool was that.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
The younger ones would need to learn how to stay on their feet during a good surge. Loved the old North stand but the Amex North sing a lot more (even if it's two different songs) .... mind you, they have had a lot more to sing about.
And how to dodge the piss streams flowing down from the back...there are some things I dont miss. I was usually an East Terrace guy only went into the north with my friends.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull

From the age of about 8 I rotated terraces so have spent a lot of time in all areas. I did enjoy my time down in the South East corner of the East as there always seemed to be a bit of space down there for some reason even on a full house

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hey PPF, I wasn't aware that your football clock had ever moved beyond 'the North Stand @ The Goldstone', and your rosy tinted memory.

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
Loved the North Stand surges. Would gladly have terraces and 10k crowds of supporters, than seats at the Amex opera with 30k customers

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Calling @Dr No

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here