Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Asamoah Gyan?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sky saying he's flown into the South East, with several Championship clubs interested, as well as a return to Sunderland. Fulham are the main ones interested, could we be too?

If only the airport had been expanded at Pende.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
This is getting really annoying why are every other club in The Championship reported as being in for players and we are not, so it seems.

C'mon BG, it's not annoying. It's that the Club try to be professional and not 'gob off' before someone's photographed holding up the shirt. Recent history should remind you of that....... 'a la Pritchard'.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Sorry but you're wrong. We might bring in someone for the under 21s but that's our lot.

Ha Ha Ha! Are you either PB, CH or Mr Bloom...I can't say for sure but I would be amazed if we didn't bring in anymore players...

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
That is the point we are linked with him and I want to see an established proven player signed not another hopeful Div 1 player who may be able to step up. I want us to get promoted and the showing so far this season hasn't indicated that we stand a chance of even play offs without a couple of additions especially if Stephens goes in the next couple of days. Sidwell and Norwood to me are adequate cover as needed but neither good enough to form similar partnership with Kayal to last season. We haven't replaced Wilson from last season and I dont see Dack as the answer/

Hang on, we have only played five games, and already you don't think our team have a chance of even making the play-offs?, that's a tad harsh!

Our two home games thus far were both won comfortably, and we drew at Derby, all good results I'd say. The draw at Reading was perhaps a bit of a blip, but even that defeat at Newcastle yesterday, well, not many teams will come away from there with anything, and remember we did play much of the second half with only ten men.

I share your frustration when it comes to a lack of new signings, but the window hasn't closed yet, and I'm still hopeful. Either way though, even with our current crop of players, we should manage to reach the play-offs at least.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yet you want us to sign an array of 30+ year olds who haven't achieved anything in an age. Would much rather sign a young player with potential than someone whose best days are well in the past.

God yours a drama queen. We are 1 point outside the playoffs currently so how have we indicated we are not in the mix? We have gone away to 2 tough grounds and our home form looks pretty impressive thus far. Id be pretty confident that we are a decent shout for top 6 at least. At least if we sign Dack he will be hungry to prove himself rather than an over paid, under performing mercenary who i wouldn't want within 100 miles of the club. Personally i think we will sign 2 more and no one will leave but thats my opinion, but i hope that they will be done quickly and efficiently behind closed doors

I only suggest 30+ year olds who are proven to do a specific job as when a left back and a CB were required.

As regards signing a striker our record for signing strikers from Div 1 in the hope that they will step up isnt very good but our record of bringing them in from abroad is much better so hopefully they will be negotiating with someone from Europe.

As regards our form to date this season we have played well once v Forest and have been 2nd best in all of our away games but managed to scrape 2 lucky draws before being completely outplayed by Newcastle the probable league winners. So that again doesnt auger well for our prospects this season Granted our poor form could be put down to the uncertainty of Stephens and a possible transfer having an effect on the team in general but we have to overcome such traumas. Hopefully the international break will allow CH and his staff to get us back performing as we did lat season. We may also sign the much needed striker/attacking midfielder/no 10 but not from Div 1.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
As regards our form to date this season we have played well once v Forest and have been 2nd best in all of our away games but managed to scrape 2 lucky draws before being completely outplayed by Newcastle the probable league winners.

2nd best at Derby??? It is they who scraped a lucky draw.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I only suggest 30+ year olds who are proven to do a specific job as when a left back and a CB were required.

As regards signing a striker our record for signing strikers from Div 1 in the hope that they will step up isnt very good but our record of bringing them in from abroad is much better so hopefully they will be negotiating with someone from Europe.

As regards our form to date this season we have played well once v Forest and have been 2nd best in all of our away games but managed to scrape 2 lucky draws before being completely outplayed by Newcastle the probable league winners. So that again doesnt auger well for our prospects this season Granted our poor form could be put down to the uncertainty of Stephens and a possible transfer having an effect on the team in general but we have to overcome such traumas. Hopefully the international break will allow CH and his staff to get us back performing as we did lat season. We may also sign the much needed striker/attacking midfielder/no 10 but not from Div 1.

Did you go to Derby?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This is getting really annoying why are every other club in The Championship reported as being in for players and we are not, so it seems.

With age comes wisdom, but sometimes age comes alone.

(Oscar Wilde)

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

We're still after both a) Bradley Dack and b) Rico Henry according to several reports.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I accept your view on Derby but last seasons team would have turned up yesterday not stayed in the hotel. We were abysmal and I am sure a lot of it is down to the transfer speculation relating to Stephens and him not playing.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I accept your view on Deby but last seasons team would have turnd up yesterday not stayed in the hotel. We were abysmal and I am sure a lot of it is down to the transfer speculation relating to Stephens and him not playing.

Cardiff away?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
PS: Asamoah Gyan strikes me as nothing but a football mercenary. I'd steer well clear.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here