Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I need 10 nil for a £750 payout!

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
Stuck a tenner on Germany being next goalscorer after every goal tonight. Each time the bookies had better and better odds despite the way the game was going... Thanks for the free money Bet365

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Skybet were offering 3/1 on Germany scoring over 6 and a half goals when they were 5-0 up, had a little punt on that

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
10-0 is a stupid bet really. I know people are saying they scored 7, but you are burning money hoping for a result like that.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
10-0 is a stupid bet really. I know people are saying they scored 7, but you are burning money hoping for a result like that.

I guess you can look at it like that or you could say that you only need a silly bet to come off every now and then to make a big amount of money.

I only put on small bets for a bit of a laugh during the game but two years ago 'had a feeling' about Sunderland beating Newcastle 3-0 away, I chucked a fiver on at 100/1 and was laughing. A year later the same result at the same odds was available so did the same. Both times meant that I made a large profit over the season.

I think some people will just put a bit of money on to make the game a bit more interesting for them. As long as they can afford it and aren't putting themselves or their families at financial risk then crack on

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I guess you can look at it like that or you could say that you only need a silly bet to come off every now and then to make a big amount of money.

I only put on small bets for a bit of a laugh during the game but two years ago 'had a feeling' about Sunderland beating Newcastle 3-0 away, I chucked a fiver on at 100/1 and was laughing. A year later the same result at the same odds was available so did the same. Both times meant that I made a large profit over the season.

I think some people will just put a bit of money on to make the game a bit more interesting for them. As long as they can afford it and aren't putting themselves or their families at financial risk then crack on

Exactly that. :smile:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Good try Halifax.
Maybe you should have been a bit more conservative and piled on 7 or 8. Sorry, thats being clever in hindsight.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Had £10 on Germany DNB at 11/10, bit gutted I didn't back Muller first goalscorer(11-2) and Germany -1(11/2) which I had earmarked but bottled it in the bookies. Still £10 up though I guess!

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012

I am all for putting on a bet that has ridiculous odds. I put a couple of quid on the opening game between Brazil and Croatia ending 3-1 with Neymar the first goal scorer, which got paid at odds like 80 to 1, and Sunderland winning 3-0 isn't that mad. But I just feel that that game would never end 10-0. No game of football I can think of has ended 10-0 so I can't see it happening in the WC semi final. Yes they scored 7, but that is still 3 off 10.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here