Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club are wanting to make two signings by weeks end...

How many new Albion?

Votes: 5 3.8%

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • 1 signing and 1 loan

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • 2 loans

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • NONE

Votes: 101 75.9%
  • I don't know, all I know is I love you Viper and I want you to serenade me to sleep

Votes: 8 6.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
No, reread my posts. I've always said at the start of the season (not the end of the window). Anyway, as I said, I'm bored of this (and it is pretty tedious for others) so I will leave it there.

I'm sure we can all agree it would be great if we signed a number of players this week!

Start of the season is too late. Start of pre-season is what we should be aiming for. Still, I definitely agree with your last sentence!

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Start of the season is too late. Start of pre-season is what we should be aiming for. Still, I definitely agree with your last sentence!

I feel we will now start to see the emergence of the money invested in the youth and development. Although the training facility has only just been completed, work with these young players had started a while back, lets start to see some return on the investment made by the chairman. WE had our best chance under Poyet and he contrived to waste that opportunity, I now see our growth as medium term and will be looking to the club to develop its own talent. From statistics I have seen on Championship expenditure, we're just not in the league to be able to spend a lot of money and so a different approach has been found. Sensible guidance and management is what is required. I'm not panicking about the lack of signings.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Patience, we are in a 5 year transitional phase, bobbing around mid table, after which we will, for the next century become a European powerhouse

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
The quote I saw was hoping to sign a keeper and central defender by the end of the week, not Friday.

Right, so I think we are definitely past the end of the week now and I for one see no signings. Back to my original comment, I wish the club would not place self-imposed date lines on their signings statements. Just makes them look silly. Tough to argue with that surely?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Right, so I think we are definitely past the end of the week now and I for one see no signings. Back to my original comment, I wish the club would not place self-imposed date lines on their signings statements. Just makes them look silly. Tough to argue with that surely?

I'm not going to argue with it, it was only fair to give them to the end of the week to see if anything did happen but as normal it was nothing.

Kikikaikai

Charlatan?
May 20, 2014
Brighton
Just the 1 before Spain

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Latest I am hearing from my sources is we're tracking Swindon Town full back Nathan Thompson, predominantly right footed but can play as left back, won Swindon Tonw player of the year for last two seasons and very highly rated.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Latest I am hearing from my sources is we're tracking Swindon Town full back Nathan Thompson, predominantly right footed but can play as left back, won Swindon Tonw player of the year for last two seasons and very highly rated.

Never heard of him

Looks good on wiki . . . . .as a right back

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
No one will sign before they fly to Spain. We are constantly very bad at this signing players job. We leave it late and then have to do with whats left.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
No one will sign before they fly to Spain. We are constantly very bad at this signing players job. We leave it late and then have to do with whats left.

You'd think we would have learnt our lesson by now but it would appear not.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Must admit starting to worry a bit now. Should have cash, now have stadium and training ground, yet seem sluggish AgAIN in transfer market. Feels like January all over again..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here