Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Storming performance from JC, May sounding desperate.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
For f**k sake woman answer a f**king question!

You are in power right now. Not Labour. So ANSWER THE F**KING QUESTION YOU RELENTLESS C**T!

Her answer to the question, any question is simply to cast the spectre of chaos that would arise with a Labour government. She has the famous " Not me guv " about the chaos she and the tory's have brought about.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Her answer to the question, any question is simply to cast the spectre of chaos that would arise with a Labour government. She has the famous " Not me guv " about the chaos she and the tory's have brought about.

Stole this from a guy on Reddit, it's entirely apt:

Transcript of the TM/JC exchange:

JC: "So brexit?"
TM: "Labour are shit"

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Stole this from a guy on Reddit, it's entirely apt:

Transcript of the TM/JC exchange:

There are a bit shit though. :lolol:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Sky News reporting 141 Tories have publicly stated they'll back The PM tonight thus far.

I thought The ERG oddballs were very quiet and conspicuous by their absence in PMQ's from what I saw of it too. Make of that what you will.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Sky News reporting 141 Tories have publicly stated they'll back The PM tonight thus far.

I thought The ERG oddballs were very quiet and conspicuous by their absence in PMQ's from what I saw of it too. Make of that what you will.
Secret ballot - where will their pens actually land ? ???

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
That's simply not true. There was plenty of discussion here about problems with the EU, the direction it's been going and why voters don't want to be part of it, with examples such as their contemptuous treatment of Greece. How you've managed to convince yourself that the only argument was regarding immigration I don't know.

There were other arguments its true, but I think his point is - sorry if I've have misconstrued it - that immigration was actually the best reason to leave the EU, and yet many leavers are now running away from it. As a staunch remainer, I did have a period early in the referendum campaign when I considered voting leave because of the immigration issue, as it is something that needs to be addressed in some form. It should be OK to discuss immigration without being classed a racist, but unfortunately the loudest voices on controlling immigration happen to be from actual racists, which understandably skews responses.

I think there are plenty of reasons to challenge/quit membership of the EU, and there have been a number of posters on here as well as in the "real world" that have put good arguments forward.

But it is undeniably the case that immigration has been used as a key driver within the Leave agenda.

It's a failure of politicians and society as a whole to discuss immigration and the disenfranchisement of significant parts of the electorate that led to this stupid mess we are in now imo.

Yep, I agree, again because the loudest voices discussing immigration are actual racists - like Tommy Robinson - that many of us shy away from the debate. I'd like to have it because I am concerned by immigration and how it is impacting our nation, by how immigrants are treated disgracefully by our country, by how some sections of our society respond to immigrants - its creating a lot of division and unhappiness

Around 4% of the UK population originates from the EU. Its out of control, like Syrian's entering Jordan....

It is a failure but also the elephant in the room. Regardless of the EU, economic growth almost always = population growth. We have a negative birth rate at 1.8, doesn’t take Alan Turing to figure out we need immigration. Hence despite having the sovereign power to curb immigration we haven’t and it’s got F all to do with the EU.

And these are the two issues. Economic growth requires population growth, and more specifically, workforce growth. So we need immigration. Where do immigrants come from? Three sources: the EU; the colonies; other English-speaking countries. The latter are accepted easily, and come for either temporary bar-work or similar, or decent jobs in the city and as company executives. Working-class immigrants come from the other two sources and seem to come in numbers inversely proportional to each other. As the number of EU migrants drops, so the numbers of South Asian workers increases.

My argument is that majority white, christian UK copes better with white, christian migrants, than it does with brown, muslim immigrants. It also appears that the former come more as individual workers and may go home when older, whereas the latter bring families and are more likely to stay and achieve citizenship. Whilst I personally have no issue with any of these people individually or as groups, I do recognise that the asian, and particularly asian muslim, communities, are more likely to struggle to be accepted into the fabric of the UK and likewise struggle to integrate themselves - and the resulting divisions, resentments and lack of social cohesion is becoming more and more clear (as we are constantly reminded).

So if we have to have immigration - and its hard to see how we can't - I think the EU free movement system is more beneficial to us as a country than any other system.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

FT reporting that a couple of whips might vote against her. She's got to be in trouble if the whips are turning.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
My argument is that majority white, christian UK copes better with white, christian migrants, than it does with brown, muslim immigrants. It also appears that the former come more as individual workers and may go home when older, whereas the latter bring families and are more likely to stay and achieve citizenship. Whilst I personally have no issue with any of these people individually or as groups, I do recognise that the asian, and particularly asian muslim, communities, are more likely to struggle to be accepted into the fabric of the UK and likewise struggle to integrate themselves - and the resulting divisions, resentments and lack of social cohesion is becoming more and more clear (as we are constantly reminded).

So if we have to have immigration - and its hard to see how we can't - I think the EU free movement system is more beneficial to us as a country than any other system.

That's an interesting point. Brexit may actually result in increased multiculturalism.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
So she is off anyway - but not yet.

Wouldn't believe a word she says about that ..... she's a proven liar.

Let's remember she :

1. Said there wouldn't be an general election ..... and then held one.
2. Said that no deal was better than a bad deal ..... and is now trying to deliver a bad deal.
3. Said that said the vote yesterday wouldn't be postponed ..... and then postponed it.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
That's simply not true. There was plenty of discussion here about problems with the EU, the direction it's been going and why voters don't want to be part of it, with examples such as their contemptuous treatment of Greece. How you've managed to convince yourself that the only argument was regarding immigration I don't know.

I keep reading about the treatment of Greece. Do you know anyone who lives in Greece, and why they were made to get their economy in order? They are part of the euro and in deep deep trouble because they let everyone take retirement at 55 without any money to pay pensions.
They got unemployment down by employing council and government workers with no public money to pay them.
They had to have a loan to get them out of trouble, and another, and another. The EU were right to make rules about how they paid it back and how they ran their economy.

We had very similar problems in the 70s and went cap in hand to the IMF. We had rampant inflation and needed loans to pay our bills. We also had to obey rules set down by the IMF.

Greece is recovering by sticking to those rules. They had a general election, and returned a minister who agreed a slightly softer version of the loan agreement, but it is working. I know because I personally know a few families who live in Athens

Portugal was also in trouble a few years ago, and Britain lent them money through the EU. They have paid us back in full and are back on track. That's how the EU works.
If only the media had reported it truthfully.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here