Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League team of the month

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Marvellous scenes! All three thoroughly deserved and great to see Kayal go from 'Championship at best' to 'PL quality' in a matter of weeks [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No Gary Dicker?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well if three players from one team are there, wonder whether their manager needs some form of monthly accolade too........ :shrug:

Well if ONLY three players from one team are there, wonder whether their manager needs some form of change to the playing style........ :shrug:

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Who picked the team ? Stevie WONDER ???

No-one, it's based on stats........................so a bit like Wolves and Newcastle battering us with loads of shots and much more possession I suppose :D

Full article for non-twitterers

https://www.whoscored.com/Articles/...-Key-Brighton-pair-star-after-perfect-October

Premier League team of the month: Key Brighton pair star after perfect October
by Ben McAleer at Wednesday, Oct 31 2018 15:20

Premier League team of the month: Key Brighton pair star after perfect October

With October now at its end, it’s time to run through the Premier League team of the month.

Goalkeeper: Mat Ryan (Brighton) - 7.81 rating
After a rocky start to the season, Brighton’s form improved incredibly in October as they secured three successive 1-0 wins to move into mid-table. Three clean sheets and more saves (17) than any other shotstopper over the last month means Mat Ryan, with a WhoScored rating of 7.81, occupies the goalkeeper spot in this XI.

Right-back: Matt Doherty (Wolves) - 7.42 rating
Wolves’ form has tailed off after back-to-back losses at the hands of Watford and Brighton, but they were effective in securing a 1-0 win over Crystal Palace at the start of October, with Matt Doherty key in the victory. The 26-year-old bagged the only goal in the win over the Eagles, landing the man of the match award to help return a WhoScored rating of 7.42 in October.

Centre-back: Shane Duffy (Brighton) - 7.58 rating
Ryan is joined in the best-rated Premier League XI of October by Brighton teammate Shane Duffy, who was influential as the Seagulls won all three games this month. The centre-back secured the WhoScored man of the match award in the hard-fought 1-0 win over Newcastle, while 33 clearances, more than any other Premier League player in October, helped Duffy gain a WhoScored rating of 7.58.

Centre-back: Antonio Rudiger (Chelsea) - 7.50 rating
Joining Duffy in defence is Chelsea star Antonio Rudiger, who enjoyed a successful month for the Blues. He netted in the 2-2 draw with Manchester United at Stamford Bridge and put in solid displays in wins over Southampton and Burnley. 215 accurate passes was the second most of defenders and saw the German secure a WhoScored rating of 7.50 in October.

Left-back: Benjamin Mendy (Manchester City) - 7.22 rating
Manchester City kept three clean sheets in their three matches in October, including shut outs at both Liverpool and Tottenham. Benjamin Mendy played the full 90 minutes in all three games, picking up an assist in the 5-0 win over Burnley. Five accurate crosses from open play was the third best return in the Premier League this month and contributed to Mendy landing a 7.22 WhoScored rating.

Defensive midfield: Fernandinho (Manchester City) - 8.00 rating
Another key reason for City’s resolute backline was the defensive showing of Fernandinho in the middle of the park for the defending champions. 19 tackles and interceptions combined was the third best return of all Premier League players in an October that saw Fernandinho secure man of the match awards against Liverpool and Tottenham. All in all, his performances helped gain a WhoScored rating of 8.00.

Central midfield: Beram Kayal (Brighton) - 7.86 rating
Beram Kayal established himself as a vital player for Brighton this month, with three of his four league starts coming in October. Here, Kayal impressed in the middle of the park for the Seagulls as he scored one and assisted another for a Brighton side that won all three matches 1-0. 10 tackles and interceptions combined saw the Israeli gain a WhoScored rating of 7.86.

Central midfield: Ross Barkley (Chelsea) - 8.06 rating
Ross Barkley looks to be fulfilling his potential at Stamford Bridge, with the faith Maurizio Sarri has showing in the midfielder being repaid and then some. The England international had a direct hand in six goals in October, scoring three and assisting three, including a late equaliser in the 2-2 draw with Manchester United, to gain a notable WhoScored rating of 8.06.

Right wing: Willian (Chelsea) - 7.88 rating
The third and final Chelsea player to make the cut in this XI, Willian had a direct hand in a goal in two of his three league appearances in October, providing the assist for Antonio Rudiger’s goal against Manchester United and netting in Chelsea’s 4-0 win at Burnley. 10 key passes was the second best Premier League return in October and was enough to pick up a WhoScored rating of 7.88.

Striker: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Arsenal) - 8.14 rating
The Premier League player of the month for October with a WhoScored rating of 8.14, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang only started once this month, but it didn’t stop him from scoring five, that more than any other player, and assisting one from his three league outings. He hit the back of the net with his five shots in October as he averaged a goal every 27 minutes, a fine return for the Arsenal star.

Left wing: Anthony Martial (Manchester United) - 8.10 rating
Firmly back in Jose Mourinho’s good books, Anthony Martial rounds of the October best XI as he hit the back of the net in each of his three Premier League outings, scoring four goals in the process, including a brace in a man of the match showing against Chelsea. He netted with four of his six shots on goal, while additional returns of seven key passes and three successful dribbles contributed to a WhoScored rating of 8.10.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Kayal’s form has been outstanding. Good enough for me to at least consider reopening the Kayal v Stephens debate with [MENTION=257]The Large One[/MENTION]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I wonder if all this recognition is going to proceed us taking an absolute battering at Goodison on Saturday .... from which we somehow emerge with a narrow victory and the opposing manager claiming they were the only team who came to play football.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I wonder if all this recognition is going to proceed us taking an absolute battering at Goodison on Saturday .... from which we somehow emerge with a narrow victory and the opposing manager claiming they were the only team who came to play football.

We've only won four in a row, twice in our entire history. I remember March 2011, but don't know when the other time was.

I'll take a point right now.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Kayal’s form has been outstanding. Good enough for me to at least consider reopening the Kayal v Stephens debate with [MENTION=257]The Large One[/MENTION]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know how this will play out.........Kayal will get booked in one of the next two games, will be banned for a game after the international break, by which time Propper will be back, play a blinder against Leicester and Kayal will be back on the bench (undeservedly IMO)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Good luck with that. He still has a long way to go...

I actually like Kayal and Stephens as a partnership a bit more than Stephens and Propper. They compliment each other more. Dale does the dirty work, Kayal is FAR more creative. That said.....

You know how this will play out.........Kayal will get booked in one of the next two games, will be banned for a game after the international break, by which time Propper will be back, play a blinder against Leicester and Kayal will be back on the bench (undeservedly IMO)

Yes, I suspect you're spot on :lol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here