Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How does the 25 man Squad work then?

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Chelsea probably have a squad of 48 at minute - with 23 out of say 28 due to be loaned out all over Europe and the EFL before their windows shut

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
Perhaps it's Bruno? Getting on and now plenty of ability in his position... Would be a shock but I can see some merit.

*Really* cannot see that happening. Hughton has referred to his importance as team captain repeatedly over the last couple of days, which says to me that he is firmly within the manager's plans.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
*Really* cannot see that happening. Hughton has referred to his importance as team captain repeatedly over the last couple of days, which says to me that he is firmly within the manager's plans.

I wouldn't be suprised if Montoya claims the RB spot and Bruno is fazed out during the season but I'd expect him to remain in the 25 throughout

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Still don’t get why it’s not announced, basically soon as a club takes suttner or whoever we will probably name the squad

Not even sure why it needs to be as soon as a club takes the player(s). Whoever is in or out of the squad will know by now and those out will have their agents working to get them a new club

There may well be good reason to keep it quiet but I'm more inclined to think it's just the way the club pick and chose what they communicate

Hazwaz

Jul 23, 2012
Hove
I think it is more of a smoke screen for teams from Europe that may want to buy one of our players,still all available Hemed,Kayal,Etc .If they come in for big money we can sell/loan.The under 23s will be the pool players we can use ie Max Sanders in the Cup last year

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Greyhound having a minor breakdown on Instagram !! Looks like he's the man they're trying to get out

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Yep, doesn’t look good for Galgo 1B748752-08F5-4F9B-97CA-FE4A692DC676.png

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
I remember Liam Rosenior in an article saying that it can be tough, at the end and beginning of seasons, when you don't know where you are going to be (and often, not even which country) from one week to the next. Especially when you have your family, kids, schools, friends etc to consider.

He also said that he appreciated the job he had and wasn't looking for sympathy, but no matter how much you're paid, these things are still a major concern to you.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not sure I’ll really feel sorry for someone that earns more in a week than the average annual wage in the UK, but hopefully the club look after him

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
This thread [emoji38]ol: question is asked, answered, re-asked, answered in a different way, ignored, misunderstood and then asked again [emoji38]

Let me add to it, in case anyone is truly in the know on this :)

It seems that we have to name a squad of 25 today, as every premier league match day squad MUST be selected from a 25-man squad. However we can change this up to September 1st when the efl loan window and European window closes, and the 25-man squad is locked until January.

I suppose my question is, can we make daily changes or only make changes to the initial 25 on sept 1st.

My gut feeling is that none of suttner schelotto, hemed, kayal, bruno or montoya will be loaned out, but the missing man will be a long-term injury, perhaps izquierdo, perhaps one that hasn't happened yet.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Before today's game I suspect the planned "odd man out" was Hemed hence why not in match day squad - re a sale to a Spanish team

After today's game I suspect we might change our minds on this - Suttner to go out on loan for season would be my guess

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here