Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Restaurant 2018

Jul 7, 2003
Having stopped off for a couple of beers on the way home last night with [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] , I visited the Trolls Pantry for some post match food.

Rather than have a normal burger I went for his Ragnaduck. This is confit duck leg that is then stripped, mixed with his home made chilii and run bbq sauce and then served in a bun. The flavour of this was fantastic - possibly one of the best things he has ever done. Definitely recommend this if you fancy something different from the usual burgers of an evening..

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Having stopped off for a couple of beers on the way home last night with [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] , I visited the Trolls Pantry for some post match food.

Rather than have a normal burger I went for his Ragnaduck. This is confit duck leg that is then stripped, mixed with his home made chilii and run bbq sauce and then served in a bun. The flavour of this was fantastic - possibly one of the best things he has ever done. Definitely recommend this if you fancy something different from the usual burgers of an evening..

I soooooo need to try this!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

As an aside, I’ll be taking [MENTION=292]thedonkeycentrehalf[/MENTION] and his esteemed burger palate to www.thebirdinberlin.com in November to get his judgement on my favourite burger and chips. The chips will beat any burger joint chips outside of http://www.thespottedpig.com, I’m not worried there. But whilst I love the burger and the ingredients, are they are high grade, it’s not as refined as he’s used to. The range of burgers are more traditional as well...no caramelised onions with aioli etc for example. The Dr Zian (bacon and Stilton) is my go-to...... cooked medium of course.

I look forward to this.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I popped into Cin Cin pre-match on Saturday. Damn good as usual, had raw sea-bass to start and a Tuscan sausage ragu for main. The rich meaty dish and a Cab Sauvignon worked wonders as the rain lashed down outside. As a bonus I sat next to the section where the chef works his magic and spent a fair bit of time watching him and chatting to him at the end of service. Lovely smart guy, and was really nice talking to him especially as I’ve started making my own pasta.

10/10

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Post match Riddle & Finns Saturday.

This really is a top notch establishment in my view and ticks all the right boxes.

Starters I had Calamari with Peanut & Ginger Dipping Sauce the better half had Squid Sauteed with with Chorizo and Chilli and we both had a main of Smoked Haddock Fillet with Colcannon, poached egg, Prosciotto & Champagne Sauce - this is a stunning dish.

Excellent wine so 10/10

Well worth a visit

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
They're not chips, they're fries. And, as impressive on the eye as they undoubtedly are, they're no substitute for a proper chip.

A fair point. I stand corrected; throughout I have used the term chips when I should have used fries. A good fry vs a good chip....difficult call. If the chippy throws in a few crispy bits into the bag it will certainly win.

Jul 7, 2003
Grabbed a quick pizza in Fatto A Mano on the corner of Gloucester Road and Kensington Gardens last night on the way to a gig. Very nice pizza - their sourdough is very light and the toppings were generous. Fairly cheap as well - two pizzas and a couple of soft drinks for around £11 a head.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It’s Oktoberfest over here so I took myself along to the local Augustine beer hall for a litre of festbier and a pork knuckle which weighed in at one kilo. I do not need to eat for 3 days now.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
As an aside, I’ll be taking [MENTION=292]thedonkeycentrehalf[/MENTION] and his esteemed burger palate to www.thebirdinberlin.com in November to get his judgement on my favourite burger and chips. The chips will beat any burger joint chips outside of http://www.thespottedpig.com, I’m not worried there. But whilst I love the burger and the ingredients, are they are high grade, it’s not as refined as he’s used to. The range of burgers are more traditional as well...no caramelised onions with aioli etc for example. The Dr Zian (bacon and Stilton) is my go-to...... cooked medium of course.

I look forward to this.

Oh dear, those two words in the same sentence again, 'refined" and 'burger'. I sthere such a thing? if so I don't believe that there should be, a burger, (nice as they are to may), is just simple straightforward fast food shirley? aka a piece of meat just sandwiched between two sides of a bread roll.

Many on here however would seem to disagree.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Oh dear, those two words in the same sentence again, 'refined" and 'burger'. I sthere such a thing? if so I don't believe that there should be, a burger, (nice as they are to may), is just simple straightforward fast food shirley? aka a piece of meat just sandwiched between two sides of a bread roll.

In fairness I would have agreed with you - until I tasted a Burger Bros. burger which really did take burger making to a different level.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It’s Oktoberfest over here so I took myself along to the local Augustine beer hall for a litre of festbier and a pork knuckle which weighed in at one kilo. I do not need to eat for 3 days now.

I do hope you didn't try to 'refine' the pork knuckle, it sounds wonderful just as it was. A little sauerkraut on the side perhaps?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Second visit to Forth and Church yesterday evening. Mixed meat selection and the raw & roasted cauliflower still absolutely fantastic. Guinea Fowl terrine with home made piccalilli was sublime. The pork belly was great as well but the salad that came with it was slightly over chillied for my tastes. Didn't like the potato and chestnut croquettes - I suspect because there was cumin in them which I'm not a fan of. Great bottle of Loire wine though. 9/10.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

My point was that Trolls and Burger Bros are more refined than this.

Attachments

• 53C9138C-B2B3-4C73-92FE-9C8ADBD24100.png
    53C9138C-B2B3-4C73-92FE-9C8ADBD24100.png
    573.2 KB · Views: 154

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Closer look

Attachments

• EC724635-56E1-41A9-91C6-6701C768631F.png
    EC724635-56E1-41A9-91C6-6701C768631F.png
    342.6 KB · Views: 152

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Point taken.

I do rate Trolls and Burger Bros though. In fact it’s a nice experience to grab a take out from The Albert and have a Trolls across the road. After the next Albion game, grab a Burning Sky IPA and have a burger then report back!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here