Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Glenn Murray as legendary as Zamora and Ward - Elphick

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Isn't he now our all time top scorer? At a rate of 1 in 2?

Didn't he score the goals that swept us into the Championship with such aplomb?

Didn't he also score the goals that fired us into the top flight for the first time in 3 decades?

Consistently delivers and is, for me, easily a legend.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

And sent another club into the PL with a huge goals tally.

He’s had a great career and keeps delivering.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Let me just revive this.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
WTF was Gus thinking :facepalm:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
The bloke has been a brilliant signing...15 PL goals for £3 million possibly the best return on investment in PL for many years.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Can be mentioned in the same breath as wardy and lawrenson.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Used to be one of my least favourite Albion players, now he is my favourite of them all. He is more than a legend now in my eyes.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Been watching the Albion 34 years, I think Glenn is top of the tree now of my all time fave Brighton players.

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
I consider him a Brighton ledge, he's done and continues to do so much for us each game. He's a horrible player to be up against even at his age. If he's too knackered to run onto balls late in the game he's still there niggling away at the opposition, winning us free kicks etc in important places. That is amazing commitment, he's incredibly hungry and a player we really do need on the pitch, quite an unusual player in that respect.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Saturdays penalty, ball grab, fist punch and sprint back to the centre circle sums him up. He's taken his game and us to another level- one that I'm sure many of us can't quite believe we're at.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Whereas Ward and Zamora tore up the lower divisions and attained cult status more or less as soon as they arrived, Glenn famously failed to clap the fans, sometimes appeared a bit casual on the pitch and sounded aloof when interviewed. He scored goals, but it took a couple of seasons before he really began to fire (in the 2010/11 League One title season). And then there was the Palace hiatus.

But his goals in the Championship and his form in the Premier League probably gives him the statistical edge over the other 2 more natural heros. Unlike Wardy and Bobby whose careers tailed off, Glenn has just got better with age and is now in the form of his life. He has acquired legend status over time - it has kind of crept up on us, but it is totally deserved.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Muzza is a legend.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
You have to clap the fans to be a legend I am afraid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here