Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Mo Salah Appreciation Thread

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Salah will have my full support on Saturday, if he passes his fitness test.
The way he screamed out in agony TWICE, I have doubts he’ll be playing.
Come on Mo, we’re relying on you to do the business.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
One thing that really winds me up is the way he, and other Muslim footballers like Pogba, stand there with their hands open pre-kickoff as though they're reading a book. Must be a Muslim prayer thing. They're about to play a game of bloody football. Leave the religion crap out of it. And before I'm accused of being islamophobic, I'd be equally wound up by devout Christian players standing with their hands together in prayer. Kick religion out of football.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Any away player that wins @ Smellhurst, at the same time angering the hypocritical cheating locals, is fine by me.

Wind-up artists Durham & Gough on TS, had a good laugh earlier about the hypocracy of Hodgson and the petitioning Palace fans. The irony, as they have the biggest divers in the PL.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Any away player that wins @ Smellhurst, at the same time angering the hypocritical cheating locals, is fine by me.

Wind-up artists Durham & Gough on TS, had a good laugh earlier about the hypocracy of Hodgson and the petitioning Palace fans. The irony, as they have the biggest divers in the PL.

Ahh, Adrian Durham !
That prats still bitter about us relegating his beloved Peterborough on the last day, on our march to the PL ( remember it ?)
He never fails to start a Palace wind up thread, bless his little cotton socks .

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ahh, Adrian Durham !
That prats still bitter about us relegating his beloved Peterborough on the last day, on our march to the PL ( remember it ?)
He never fails to start a Palace wind up thread, bless his little cotton socks .

Wind-ups is his stock in trade.

Tonight he invited Chelsea and ManU fans to call in to say whether Liverpool would be contenders at all this season. Red rag to dim bulls. Suckers at premium phone rates inevitably called in.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Ahh, Adrian Durham !

Wasn’t it Durham who highlighted the amount of penalties you got in your last season in the Championship? Can’t remember the exact numbers, but it was something like 11 until he pointed out the amount you got, and went down to 4ish after.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
One thing that really winds me up is the way he, and other Muslim footballers like Pogba, stand there with their hands open pre-kickoff as though they're reading a book. Must be a Muslim prayer thing. They're about to play a game of bloody football. Leave the religion crap out of it. And before I'm accused of being islamophobic, I'd be equally wound up by devout Christian players standing with their hands together in prayer

Would you really?

I don’t recall any posts complaining about the hundreds and hundreds of catholic players, notably Brazilians, who make the sign of the cross as they run onto the pitch?

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Didn't think it was a penalty at first and also he went down a bit easily but looking at the replay, yes it was a penalty.
I actually like Mo and hope he continues to play well, especially on Saturday.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Didn't think it was a penalty at first and also he went down a bit easily but looking at the replay, yes it was a penalty.
I actually like Mo and hope he continues to play well, especially on Saturday.

He's out injured, he broke his laughing organ when he read about the pettition(tm) started by Palace fans.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
One thing that really winds me up is the way he, and other Muslim footballers like Pogba, stand there with their hands open pre-kickoff as though they're reading a book. Must be a Muslim prayer thing. They're about to play a game of bloody football. Leave the religion crap out of it. And before I'm accused of being islamophobic, I'd be equally wound up by devout Christian players standing with their hands together in prayer. Kick religion out of football.

How often do we see European players crossing themselves when they come on to the pitch? Why shouldn't they? It's important to them and it does you no harm.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box

dick!

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Would you really?

I don’t recall any posts complaining about the hundreds and hundreds of catholic players, notably Brazilians, who make the sign of the cross as they run onto the pitch?

Forgotten about that, probably because the crossing yourself rubbish takes a few seconds whereas the muslim thing takes quite a bit longer. Anyway, back to my point, religion has no place in football.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Forgotten about that, probably because the crossing yourself rubbish takes a few seconds whereas the muslim thing takes quite a bit longer. Anyway, back to my point, religion has no place in football.

If the Albion decided to be a catholic only team, or a Muslim only team, then I wouldn’t follow the team, it would be too far away from my values. However if a few players have strong religious beliefs and feel the need to cross themselves etc before a game I am completely relaxed about that. It’s not the club, it’s the individual, it’s non intrusive and the world is interesting because of differences

Last edited:

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel

I understand your point in wishing that football remain secular from religious interference, however football is a universal sport which unites people from all backgrounds. The fact is that many sportspeople are religious and many of them believe in some form of God as a source of their motivation and inspiration. Regardless of our opinion on the religion, we cannot restrict an individual’s faith. Surely it should be celebrated that our own team has Jews, Christians and Muslims playing and training together as equals rather than suppressed?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here