Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

King Alfred Development - Rob Starr, Crest Nicholson, No 50m Pool

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yes, but knocky replied to you suggesting people shouldn't have to go to Crawley. You think they should, no problem, understood.

I don't know how difficult it would have been to have a 50m pool - not very I wouldn't think.

I can't say I particularly like the chosen design, I'm not sure anyone actually likes it do they?

No he didn't, he said a 50m pool has more capacity and would equally be happy with 2 x 25m pools such as at the Peter Pan site. Why are you making an argument for someone else?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No he didn't
Yes he did, he said "Following your logic we could close down the Amex and support Crawley or a London team." - ie, people shouldn't have to go to Crawley.

Why are you making an argument for someone else?
Yes he also said he'd be happy with 2 25m pools, so he has a different reason for wanting more pool space, but I'm not arguing for him, you asked what was wrong with a 25m pool, and I gave my answer, which is about international athletes.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yes he did, he said "Following your logic we could close down the Amex and support Crawley or a London team." - ie, people shouldn't have to go to Crawley.

Yes he also said he'd be happy with 2 25m pools, so he has a different reason for wanting more pool space, but I'm not arguing for him, you asked what was wrong with a 25m pool, and I gave my answer, which is about international athletes.

Why didn't you just say you think Crawley is too far to travel for an international swimmer then? You have a very weird way of going about things sometimes.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Time for King Alfred project to go back to the drawing board say experts

I don't know if anyone is aware of this?

THE £200 million King Alfred project is heading down the wrong road and needs to go back to the drawing board, heritage experts have warned.

Brighton Society chairman Jeremy Mustoe said it was time to reset the process on the Hove seafront redevelopment as proposals were already too high and set to go higher.

Conservative councillor Robert Nemeth warned that developer Crest Nicholson could now hold the council to "ransom" over the plans.

The warning comes after winning bidder Rob Starr revealed up to 80 more flats might be needed because of rising costs.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/1500..._to_go_back_to_the_drawing_board_say_experts/

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Time for King Alfred project to go back to the drawing board say experts

I don't know if anyone is aware of this?

THE £200 million King Alfred project is heading down the wrong road and needs to go back to the drawing board, heritage experts have warned.

Brighton Society chairman Jeremy Mustoe said it was time to reset the process on the Hove seafront redevelopment as proposals were already too high and set to go higher.

Conservative councillor Robert Nemeth warned that developer Crest Nicholson could now hold the council to "ransom" over the plans.

The warning comes after winning bidder Rob Starr revealed up to 80 more flats might be needed because of rising costs.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/1500..._to_go_back_to_the_drawing_board_say_experts/

Par for the course.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I like the idea of rebuilding the old Churchill sq on Hove Seafront.

king alfred.jpg

T.G

Mar 30, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Happy about this as I've been playing 5-a-side there for the last 20 years (My legs are tired....etc) and was distraught that the KA was going to close. Happy days, here's to the next failed project !

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Give Frank a call.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
How can a council spend 50 years on planning a new pool and still have nothing to show for it?

It wouldn't happen in Germany

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How can a council spend 50 years on planning a new pool and still have nothing to show for it?

It wouldn't happen in Germany

As an aside I remember hearing somewhere that Berlin alone has as many Olympic sized swimming pools that the entire UK. I've no idea if this correct. Given this Britain does damn well at swimming.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Happy about this as I've been playing 5-a-side there for the last 20 years (My legs are tired....etc) and was distraught that the KA was going to close. Happy days, here's to the next failed project !

I've been playing there for 27 years and I too am glad every time there's a delay in any development.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here