Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hudders v Newcastle

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Still can't think ahead this far.

Can't get beyond thinking about Forest v Albion.

3 points and then I'll give this 40 minutes thought before they kick off.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Agreed. Can't understand people wanting Newcastle to win - we don't know how the rest of the season will pan out, so the more points all our rivals drop the better.
The logic is to increase the gap between us in 2nd and Huddersfield in 3rd. As regards promotion it matters not whether we finish up 1st or 2nd but definitely not 3rd.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Draw.

The longer it is a case of two out of three rather than one out of two the better.

Having Newcastle close as a plan B should we both falter can only be a good thing surely.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Draw.

The longer it is a case of two out of three rather than one out of two the better.

Having Newcastle close as a plan B should we both falter can only be a good thing surely.

If you want a "2 from 3" scenario (and, after last season, why the hell would anyone want that?) then surely you'd want a Huddersfield win.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
If you want a "2 from 3" scenario (and, after last season, why the hell would anyone want that?) then surely you'd want a Huddersfield win.

Yep but a Huddersfield puts them too close to us. Ideal scenario is they drop away completely, but as they might not we want to keep Newcastle close I'd say.

Ultimately it is very much in our own hands. But if we **** it up we then need someone else to fall off. If Newcastle run away a little, our only plan B is for Huddersfield to **** it up. I'd rather be in a position where we have two other sides capable of falling off when the pressure hits.

drofnud

Jun 30, 2014
Has to be Newcastle win. Last thing we want is Huddersfield continuing their rampage. Remember, if they win the league and we end up battling it out with the geordies for second place, they have the better goal difference. Deja vu.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Newcastle beat Huddersfield, then Reading beat Newcastle

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
The logic is to increase the gap between us in 2nd and Huddersfield in 3rd. As regards promotion it matters not whether we finish up 1st or 2nd but definitely not 3rd.
But why give up on catching Newcastle they have a tough run in.....

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
So long as we beat Forest there is an argument that any result at the John Smith's Stadium would suit us, even a Huddersfield win. If that happens we would still have the 6 point gap but be a further game towards the end (albeit they will have a game-in-hand) and we would reclaim top spot to boot.

But if we do not pick-up maximum points at the City Ground then it just has to be a Newcastle win...Simple.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Westminster BHA

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
IF Huddersfield win their game in hand, we will be 3 points above them. Huddersfield need to better our results over the next 12 games. We need to win on Saturday and take care of ourselves. If we lose I want Huddersfield to lose. If we draw, I want Huddersfield to draw. This way it gives them less games to over take us, while still giving us the chance to overtake Newcastle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here