Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hark ! - The Piranhas are on the bandstand on Monday !

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Pirahnas were one of the first bands I started "collecting". I remember having a number of their 7" plus the Vaultage albums. They then released Space Invaders on Virgin then a short while later Tom Hark on Sire. I think they re-recorded and re-released I Don't Want My Body next. Recall an Attrix Shop in North Laine as well

scooter1

How soon is now?
The Pirahnas were one of the first bands I started "collecting". I remember having a number of their 7" plus the Vaultage albums. They then released Space Invaders on Virgin then a short while later Tom Hark on Sire. I think they re-recorded and re-released I Don't Want My Body next. Recall an Attrix Shop in North Laine as well
Space Invaders was the only Virgin release. I Don't a Want My Body was originally on Vaultage 78(I think) and the re-recorded for the album. After the success of Tom Hark the whole album was the re-recorded for Sire(originally it was going to be released on Attrix). Pete Waterman was involved in this production of the Sire album, and his involvement became their undoing

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Great days!!!!! Time to organise a reunion of the old bands. Anyone know the whereabouts of Marcus Thirtle (Marcus Vandell)?

Nicky & The Dots
The Chefs (Skat, for a while as well I believe)

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Used to go down the Bucaneer on a Sunday night to see them & have a pogo, along with another poster on here, as were in the same class at school as the original drummer, Dick "Slexia".
It was always a great night & lots of bands around back then. The Lil-Lets, Nick & The Dots, The Molestors, Peter & The Test Tube Babies, The Ajax All-stars (reggae band), to name a few. Then a little later The Lambrettas, who are also still going strong despite the sad passing of Jez the lead singer years ago.

Lewes Town Hall & the Landport Community Center in Lewes also used to have good nights with the Brighton bands at that time. Landport nights were a bit lively!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Anyone remember The Dodgems?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I was sharing a flat with Tracey of the Molesters when she married the guitarist (whose name escapes me). I was very fond of Wrist action at the time (if you'll pardon the expression) :lolol:

el punal

Buccaneer in Brighton, Surely?

I saw them oodles of times at the Alhambra, often with Blues Jim supporting :lolol:

Whatever happened to The Dandies?

Bloody hell! They bring back memories (the Alhambra and the Buccaneer I mean) - I feel so old! Does anyone remember the Merrydown Wine Bar in New Road, just about opposite from the Theatre Royal? You could drink the Merrydown Sweet and Dry mixed and get nicely tanked up. Happy days or not!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Attrix Records was at the end of Sydney Street furthest away from Trafalgar Street. Spent many a happy day hanging around in there.

If you're not already aware of the most excellent Punk Brighton site, can highly recommend taking a look:

http://www.punkbrighton.co.uk/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here