Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Snooker tables

I_am_marmalade

Jun 6, 2014
I Would like to get a table but think a full sized snooker table but it might be a bit of a squeeze. Have heard of the 3/4 size (10x5ft) and wondered if anyone had played on one and how it compares? I have never seen or played on one and am interested to hear opinions

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
It is important to remember how much extra space you need around the table to allow cueing from every position.
There is nothing worse than playing in a room too small for a table.

Full size tables are very heavy and come in two or three pieces. They are expensive and require installing professionally.
Unless you have a room that is at least 20'x12' a full sized table will be too big. If you have a room big enough and pockets deep enough then get a full size table, otherwise I wouldn't bother!

With smaller tables you use smaller balls, you may as well just play pool!

My tip: Play at your local snooker club!

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
They have a 3/4 sized snooker table at Burnley Cricket Club, I liked it but then I'm pony at snooker.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
As S-S says, a massive difference with a .75 table is that the balls are smaller too. This dramatically changes the game. If you're only ever going to play on your .75 table, I guess it doesn't matter; but don't think that it will affect your game on a full size table as it really won't.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Back in the 80s my mate had an 8 x 4 slate bed at home. Certainly improved our Pool and even Snooker to slightly less extent as we used to play for hours though upsetting his parents asleep upstairs as the balls certainly make a noise in a house.
As mentioned, vital enough space all around, no short cue/massé shots!

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
used to play league pool around peacehaven,newhaven & seaford in the early 80's( for the crown,newhaven & the fishermans club),think the bells club were top dogs back then

anyway was reasonable player,then i decided to buy a 6x3 snooker table the pockets were as tight as a camels arse in a sandstorm

when i got back on a pool table the pockets were like buckets

nothing to do with a full size table mate i know,just thought i'd bounce your thread for you :thumbsup:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I Would like to get a table but think a full sized snooker table but it might be a bit of a squeeze. Have heard of the 3/4 size (10x5ft) and wondered if anyone had played on one and how it compares? I have never seen or played on one and am interested to hear opinions

You'll need deep pockets.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Reminds me of a joke I heard on tv a few years ago, as told by a six year old.....

Q. How do you make a snooker table laugh?
A. You put your hands down its pockets and tickle its balls! :p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here