Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Walter Palmer - New Public Enemy No 1? / Cecil the lion

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
im not missing it , im commenting on it, it amazes me how people werent so emotional over the small kids killed and maimed by the boston bomber and argued against the death sentence for him, yet are wishing a painful death for the bloke who killed the lion.

I think that is borne out of frustration. You see people vent as they know full well f ck all will happen to Walt, he will not face any justice at all, no court, no justice for the Lion, the Boston Bomber had a full trial and representation before the verdict. People who wish death on the Dentist know full well, within a few weeks it will all have blown over and he will be living somewhere else in peace living on his dollars and the whole thing will carry on. I gave up on the Human Race quite a while back, I think as a species we are finished, morally bankrupt and it is only a matter of time before the whole eco system is destroyed, there is no going back now, far too much damage has already been done. The only reason I think it has carried on as long as it has as 99% of people only really give a rat's arse about what happens in their lifetime, they are not bothered about future generations, that in a nutshell is Humanity

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I gave up on the Human Race quite a while back, I think as a species we are finished, morally bankrupt and it is only a matter of time before the whole eco system is destroyed, there is no going back now, far too much damage has already been done. The only reason I think it has carried on as long as it has as 99% of people only really give a rat's arse about what happens in their lifetime, they are not bothered about future generations, that in a nutshell is Humanity

Unfortuantely I think you are correct and mother nature at some point relatively soon is going to purge the lot of us before we completely destory everything and rightfully so. We are an absolute plague as a species to this planet. If you were an Alien species looking for lunch you'd not lose much sleep in coming down and tucking right in on humanity after obvserving our society, behaviour and care for our environment.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
im not missing it , im commenting on it, it amazes me how people werent so emotional over the small kids killed and maimed by the boston bomber and argued against the death sentence for him, yet are wishing a painful death for the bloke who killed the lion.

Again, absence of smiling proud photos next to dead kids etc. But hey, you keep going with the pointless comparisons!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I gave up on the Human Race quite a while back, I think as a species we are finished, morally bankrupt and it is only a matter of time before the whole eco system is destroyed, there is no going back now, far too much damage has already been done. The only reason I think it has carried on as long as it has as 99% of people only really give a rat's arse about what happens in their lifetime, they are not bothered about future generations, that in a nutshell is Humanity

Behave Uncle, you don't really believe that, except in maybe your odd blacker moment. Through the work of the REMF, of which you are a major player, you've had a massive direct and wider rippling effect to a number of communities worldwide. Far more good guys than bad guys out there.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Again, absence of smiling proud photos next to dead kids etc. But hey, you keep going with the pointless comparisons!
Sorry, my mistake , I should have realised a smiling photo beside a dead animal trumps any atrocities against small children :facepalm: you're a moron.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Behave Uncle, you don't really believe that, except in maybe your odd blacker moment. Through the work of the REMF, of which you are a major player, you've had a massive direct and wider rippling effect to a number of communities worldwide. Far more good guys than bad guys out there.

Many people do good things but its the vast minority. The Amazon rainforests have been decimated to grow soya to feed cattle for us to eat for commercial profit yet the cost of a years western funded warfare in the middle east could have protected the lot forever. What sort of sane species lets that happen?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Many people do good things but its the vast minority. The Amazon rainforests have been decimated to grow soya to feed cattle for us to eat for commercial profit yet the cost of a years western funded warfare in the middle east could have protected the lot forever. What sort of sane species lets that happen?

Yup, you're absolutely correct. I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords :bowdown:

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Sorry, my mistake , I should have realised a smiling photo beside a dead animal trumps any atrocities against small children :facepalm: you're a moron.

B822012079Z.1_20150626175556_000_GGE1GMG9P.3_Content.jpg

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

For sure I know there are lot's of good people but the damage being done is at the point of no return now and that is just to the animal kingdom and eco system, 100 000 Elephants have been killed in the last 2 years alone, whole species have gone extinct, 150 000 so far, many more are on the edge and in how long, a couple of centuries ?

It won't happen in our generation but it is a very good possibility within 4 generations not to mention the ongoing religious wars that threaten humanity daily

As Karl Pilkington said " it is time for a new species to take over the Earth, we had our chance and we f cked it up "

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
I don't know if you have been following the case but it was in no terms legal as you say. This Lion was tagged in a secure national park and being observed, he was lured out by baiting, shot with an arrow so in no way humane as he took 40 hours to die, they found him, shot him dead, skinned him and cut his head off, after that they tried to destroy the tracking device unsuccessfully or they would have got away with it.

I have no doubt they all knew exactly what they were doing and exactly who this Lion was, that probably added to the thrill for them. The bloke whose living is based on this vile activity for sure must have known as he was the most famous Lion in the Country, so please do not try and make out this Dentist is some sort of fall guy.

The Lions 6 cubs will now also die as a result.

I find your post sad in that you just seem to be saying, " ah well, if it's legal it's ok ", maybe if it is legal ( this one was not as explained ) let's do something to make it illegal.

The only good thing to come out of it is with his life now ruined any other scum with money and a small dick will think twice about doing it themselves

What is sad is your difficulty understanding the English language in its written form, so I will try again.

Whether or not “Cecil” was killed illegally is yet to be proved..............you may be right.

However hunting holidays are ubiquitous in Africa, ergo it is evidently an entirely lawful pursuit in those countries that provide such holidays (albeit within certain legal parameters whatever they may be).

Regardless, it is an unpalatable FACT that in desperately poor countries like Zimbabwe and Namibia there are likely to be hundreds of Walter Palmer’s out in the bush or wherever happily killing African wildlife like Zebras, Baboons and Springboks because they have paid to do so. These people have been going on these hunting holidays and killing animals for years and have no doubt paid a handsome sum for teh "privilige".

To focus all the hatred on Walter Palmer (and his tiny manhood) because of his shameful conduct may be satisfying in a mob justice type of way but it misses this essential points of this issue and diminishes the reason why this practice will be difficult to solve, which is.................

These hunting holidays employ thousands of poor Africans and generate huge amount of revenue in otherwise poor countries.

http://www.theguardian.com/environm...id-350000-kills-endangered-black-rhino-africa

Whether me you or anyone else thinks its moral for people to spend their own money and time killing animals is essentially a philosophical argument we can have in the West with our fat bellies………………...the fact is you need to convince poor African countries that they need to be poorer so you can feel good about yourself.

I am not defending it, just saying how it is……………no more no less.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What is sad is your difficulty understanding the English language in its written form, so I will try again.

Whether or not “Cecil” was killed illegally is yet to be proved..............you may be right.

However hunting holidays are ubiquitous in Africa, ergo it is evidently an entirely lawful pursuit in those countries that provide such holidays (albeit within certain legal parameters whatever they may be).

Regardless, it is an unpalatable FACT that in desperately poor countries like Zimbabwe and Namibia there are likely to be hundreds of Walter Palmer’s out in the bush or wherever happily killing African wildlife like Zebras, Baboons and Springboks because they have paid to do so. These people have been going on these hunting holidays and killing animals for years and have no doubt paid a handsome sum for teh "privilige".

To focus all the hatred on Walter Palmer (and his tiny manhood) because of his shameful conduct may be satisfying in a mob justice type of way but it misses this essential points of this issue and diminishes the reason why this practice will be difficult to solve, which is.................

These hunting holidays employ thousands of poor Africans and generate huge amount of revenue in otherwise poor countries.

http://www.theguardian.com/environm...id-350000-kills-endangered-black-rhino-africa

Whether me you or anyone else thinks its moral for people to spend their own money and time killing animals is essentially a philosophical argument we can have in the West with our fat bellies………………...the fact is you need to convince poor African countries that they need to be poorer so you can feel good about yourself.

I am not defending it, just saying how it is……………no more no less.

Two Zimbabweans have been arrested for their part in the shooting as it was illegal.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Two Zimbabweans have been arrested for their part in the shooting as it was illegal.

I know............and it may have been illegal but they have not been found guilty yet though right?

Either way what about the hundreds of other Walter Palmers who are out there now legally killing animals, or is this only about when celebrity lions are killed?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I know............and it may have been illegal but they have not been found guilty yet though right?

Either way what about the hundreds of other Walter Palmers who are out there now legally killing animals, or is this only about when celebrity lions are killed?

No, this is about luring the lion outside of the protection of the national park, so it is classed as poaching.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
No, this is about luring the lion outside of the protection of the national park, so it is classed as poaching.

So how do you feel about those hunters that are legitimately killing lions, or why outrage just for this lion.

Is it their illegals actions or just their actions ???

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So how do you feel about those hunters that are legitimately killing lions, or why outrage just for this lion.

Is it their illegals actions or just their actions ???

There is a case for shooting animals when they become a danger, or vermin, but not just hunting. The fact that this was an illegal killing makes it worse as there have been designated areas for the animals to be protected.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
The only good thing to come out of it is with his life now ruined any other scum with money and a small dick will think twice about doing it themselves

Two of the most pertinent points.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here