• Yes - we can't let the evil f*ckers win

Votes: 31 24.2%
  • No - it's just not worth the risk

Votes: 97 75.8%

• Total voters

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
I was in Sousse two weeks ago, in a resort just along the coast. Our resort was full of Brits, Germans and Russians all mingling well and the atmosphere was excellent. The Tunisians staffing the place were in the main friendly, funny and personable and I would definitely go back to the resort if I were the sort of person who wanted to go back to the same places rather than visit new ones. If my Tunisia trip were tomorrow, I'd still go.

Why did you post that?
It was a genuine question, what is it you find curious?

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
I was in Sousse two weeks ago, in a resort just along the coast. Our resort was full of Brits, Germans and Russians all mingling well and the atmosphere was excellent. The Tunisians staffing the place were in the main friendly, funny and personable and I would definitely go back to the resort if I were the sort of person who wanted to go back to the same places rather than visit new ones. If my Tunisia trip were tomorrow, I'd still go.

Why did you post that?
It was a genuine question, what is it you find curious?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I went there a few years ago with the now ex-Mrs Westdene. We decided to visit a 'traditional' market - quite frankly the traders were a bunch of sexist, racist f**kers. Awful place. I won't ever be returning to the country.

I think it's a pre-requisite for all market traders whether they're in "The City" trading finance or peddling carpets in a souk I'm afraid. Oh, and taxi drivers :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I went there a few years ago with the now ex-Mrs Westdene. We decided to visit a 'traditional' market - quite frankly the traders were a bunch of sexist, racist f**kers. Awful place. I won't ever be returning to the country.

I think it's a pre-requisite for all market traders whether they're in "The City" trading finance or peddling carpets in a souk I'm afraid. Oh, and taxi drivers :lolol:

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
I went in the 90's and I hated it then and will never go back. My thoughts are with the friends and families involved. Just horrific. :(

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
I went in the 90's and I hated it then and will never go back. My thoughts are with the friends and families involved. Just horrific. :(

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
I'll ask again. What are you accusing the security guards of? And more to the point, why? You'd be a hero in that situation, I presume.

The security was clearly ineffective,to kill 38 takes some doing. Thompson/ first choice must of had security reviews after the last incident over there. My first post suggested that they ran faster than the tourists until proved otherwise that will be my stance. I wouldn't be a hero armed with a pair of speedos and flip flops but would definitely give it a go if I had a gun

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
I'll ask again. What are you accusing the security guards of? And more to the point, why? You'd be a hero in that situation, I presume.

The security was clearly ineffective,to kill 38 takes some doing. Thompson/ first choice must of had security reviews after the last incident over there. My first post suggested that they ran faster than the tourists until proved otherwise that will be my stance. I wouldn't be a hero armed with a pair of speedos and flip flops but would definitely give it a go if I had a gun

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here