Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Poyet new Bordeaux manager

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Our former leader is 3-1 up at home in his first game as manager of Bordeaux. Lyon are a decent team too. His first game for us was away at St Marys in 2009. He won that as well. Always had the measure of smarmy Pardew.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Our former leader is 3-1 up at home in his first game as manager of Bordeaux. Lyon are a decent team too. His first game for us was away at St Marys in 2009. He won that as well. Always had the measure of smarmy Pardew.

That's was a brilliant game... 2-0 up in about 5 mins, Murray and Forster causing loads of problems... Dicker (Crofts, ahem, edit) with the third. Sublime, given our respective form prior to then.

I, personally, wish him well. The best football I've witnessed (at times), and some brilliant results under his leadership.

I suspect he sees this as a big opportunity to get back on the map, I doubt he'll blow this one so readily.

Last edited:

Stumpy Tim

That's was a brilliant game... 2-0 up in about 5 mins, Murray and Forster causing loads of problems... Dicker with the third. Sublime, given our respective form prior to then.

I, personally, wish him well. The best football I've witnessed (at times), and some brilliant results under his leadership.

I suspect he sees this as a big opportunity to get back on the map, I doubt he'll blow this one so readily.
Crofts with the third, but you’re right - tremendous game.

Like you, I look back at the Poyet era with enjoyment and pride. We truly lit up League 1 during the promotion season

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Crofts with the third, but you’re right - tremendous

Yep - you're right, it was Crofty. I remember being genuinely excited with the Gus appointment... Then thinking Southampton would probably be a bridge too far for the first game... After 10 mins I was in heaven, we were utterly unplayable. Pardew looked crest fallen, we were massively up for it and playing sublime (for league 1!) attacking football.

Gus started the new era for me, he was the manager who truly bought us home, a visionary appointment... yet alas, twas so sad how things crumbled into ashes and dust.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
That's was a brilliant game... 2-0 up in about 5 mins, Murray and Forster causing loads of problems... Dicker with the third. Sublime, given our respective form prior to then.

Crofts scored the third. You could count Gary Dicker's goals on one hand.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

The bigger story from across the channel is former NSC darling Fred Hantz getting Metz within touching distance of safety, after they only won 1 game from the start of the season through to mid December.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
That pull back for Crofts was about the only good thing I remember Liam Dickinson doing. What a fabulous goal and it was truly the turning point in our fortunes as a football club - Brighton were back!

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
That pull back for Crofts was about the only good thing I remember Liam Dickinson doing. What a fabulous goal and it was truly the turning point in our fortunes as a football club - Brighton were back!

Yep, Dickinson was not good and ended up in the conference north by the age of 28 - at Stalybridge Celtic for a while!

I love that clip for many reasons, but the iconic celebration from Kuipers was just perfection.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I clicked on this expecting him to have reached his ceiling and having flounced off.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
He probably means winning 8 on the spin and trophies you bitter tit.

BANG! No slippers and pipe this evening, ay Simster? Brilliant.

Why are so many people so blind when it comes to how well Gus did with us?

Top result against Lyon - well done Gus.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
BANG! No slippers and pipe this evening, ay Simster? Brilliant.

Why are so many people so blind when it comes to how well Gus did with us?

Top result against Lyon - well done Gus.
He did well but you have to admit he turned into a proper knob towards the end.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here