Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Looking forward to seeing over 1,000 fans at Bournemouth in the Carabao Cup!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Rather than all the hysterical bedwetting, how about we cross this particular bridge when we come to it? I fully expect there to be full houses on both Friday and Tuesday night's in Bournemouth, and I am looking forward to both matches.

Hysterical bedwetting - I thought people were just calmly discussing the allocation of loyalty points? :shrug:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I think the real issue for this one is the number of points allocated for the distance and importance of the fixture and the cost of the ticket.

10 points for £10 for a trip down the road to Bournemouth. Why is that twice the loyalty points of the league fixture at 5 points for £30 for a ticket?

What the club are seemingly doing is using loyalty points to attract a bigger gate for us, which is not really the point is it? Why is someone more twice as loyal going to a League Cup fixture as a League fixture to the same place for a same week day evening KO?

Agree with all of this, very good points raised ( no pun intended )

I can understand 10 points for a home cup game, to be issued only if ticket is scanned at the Amex turnstiles.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Turning up on a Tuesday night, a few days after a league match at the same ground, for a Haribo Cup game does seem to me to be a higher level of 'loyalty' and it seems perfectly reasonable to reward it as such.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Rather than all the hysterical bedwetting, how about we cross this particular bridge when we come to it? I fully expect there to be full houses on both Friday and Tuesday night's in Bournemouth, and I am looking forward to both matches.

Full house on Tuesday, are you serious? :smile:

Turning up on a Tuesday night, a few days after a league match at the same ground, for a Haribo Cup game does seem to me to be a higher level of 'loyalty' and it seems perfectly reasonable to reward it as such.

I would agree with you here if others were not abusing the points system.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

How do you know everyone going to the cup game would have gone to the league game, which seems to be the basis of your statement?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Simple solution if we're really worried about buying points.

Instead of sending the away tickets out, the Albion state that they must be collected on the day of the game outside of the away game. You turn up with your email conformation and are given the ticket and a tick for attending.

If you don't collect the ticket, you don't get the points,

Downside is how early you need to get to the game to ensure entry.

Issue with that one is either the home club ticket office gets a lot busier, which they probably won't be happy about, or Albion have to fund paying someone to dish them out and some sort of van to do it from. Given the scenes outside Leicester when it took us ages to get in, that wouldn't go down well with a lot of people having to queue twice when they'd presumably rather be in the pub.

I think the real issue for this one is the number of points allocated for the distance and importance of the fixture and the cost of the ticket.

10 points for £10 for a trip down the road to Bournemouth. Why is that twice the loyalty points of the league fixture at 5 points for £30 for a ticket?

What the club are seemingly doing is using loyalty points to attract a bigger gate for us, which is not really the point is it? Why is someone more twice as loyal going to a League Cup fixture as a League fixture to the same place for a same week day evening KO?

The League Cup is less attractive though, that's why less people attend and managers play the fringe players. I could have returned my league ticket and bought a cup ticket from the club and bagged the extra points for less money but I'd rather go to the league match. Plus a Friday night means no work Saturday for many. Wouldn't fancy getting back late Tuesday night and then up early for work the next day.

I thought about going to the cup game, I don't mind watching our fringe players, I'm actually a bit of a geek who enjoys that, would be great to see Molumby again if he plays etc. Ultimatley though, I couldn't really be arsed to go to Bournemouth twice in a few days so didn't buy a ticket.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
The time to have sorted this out and a scheme introduced was surely towards the end of last season? Recalling the Hudds. and Rotherham away games and
the potential scramble for Villa tickets which arose.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
If I was a loyal ST holder who went to most away games last season but found out someone had purchased 10 pts for £10 and were now ahead of me in the scramble for tickets I'd be really annoyed.
But who is going to this game? It's a Micky Mouse cup and both teams are likely to play their reserves. I hope someone informs Bournemouth that, despite selling out, don't bother getting in any extra food or drink. One barrel and a few burgers should do.

My Name Is Gully

May 9, 2008
Dorset
If I was a loyal ST holder who went to most away games last season but found out someone had purchased 10 pts for £10 and were now ahead of me in the scramble for tickets I'd be really annoyed.
But who is going to this game? .

If one was a ST holder and went to most away games surely that individual would already be way ahead on loyalty points? Is that not correct?

Anyhow, me and my son are pleased we managed to get two tickets via the second loyalty point grouping - we will both be going - this is really a 'home' game for us in terms of distance travelled - yay!

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
The cup games should be a free for all, no loyalty points needed or issued. Loyalty points should be League only.

???

What is your reasoning behind that?

They are likely to be when the loyalty points are MOST needed, especially if we stay up (which I'm sure is in the club's plans) so the Premier League grounds are not new, and get an interesting away draw to somewhere with a small away section.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Deducting points if someone doesn't go is incredibly harsh if they genuinely have an issue on the day of the match that prevents them attending.

I expect most fans who brought tickets will be going too. If that's the case, this isn't even an issue.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Deviant fans harvesting loyalty points annoys me much more than it should. C'est la vie and all that, but it does irk me that fans who might want to actually go to a game can't because the harvesters have bought up the tickets.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The club needs to do something about it. Perhaps anyone who buys a ticket but doesn't actually attend should get a 10 point deduction ?

I thumbsed you up not because I agree but because it gave me the best laugh of the day :thumbsup::lolol:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I genuinely think this is an issue for which there is no simple, satisfactory solution. This was always going to happen in games where the tickets are so cheap.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Deviant fans harvesting loyalty points annoys me much more than it should. C'est la vie and all that, but it does irk me that fans who might want to actually go to a game can't because the harvesters have bought up the tickets.

This is capitalism. If you have the money and time to maniplulate things in your favour, and are relaxed about 'F off the rest of you', and it is allowed, then you do it. It is not in the club's interest to spend money ensuring that those who bought at ticket bothered to go.

And frankly if you have the points you have the entitlement. If you don't... it means you haven't been to enough games.

Perhaps when Jezza gets in he'll change the rules so that priority is given to those who can't afford to go to games, and those who rarely attend.

I must confess I bought a Sheff Wed playoff away ticket a couple of years ago and didn't go. Badfan? Maybe.

Bottom line, for the time being it is competitive out there. If it really is a big deal for you, try networking :shrug:

I went to one away game last year (but went to all the home games) and in my view I don't deserve a look in for away tickets now, given the time and miles some people have invested for many years.

Apologies if this is a bit terse.... I have the horrible prospect of an England game shortly and I'm a bit tetchy :facepalm:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
This is capitalism. If you have the money and time to maniplulate things in your favour, and are relaxed about 'F off the rest of you', and it is allowed, then you do it. It is not in the club's interest to spend money ensuring that those who bought at ticket bothered to go.

And frankly if you have the points you have the entitlement. If you don't... it means you haven't been to enough games.

Perhaps when Jezza gets in he'll change the rules so that priority is given to those who can't afford to go to games, and those who rarely attend.

I must confess I bought a Sheff Wed playoff away ticket a couple of years ago and didn't go. Badfan? Maybe.

Bottom line, for the time being it is competitive out there. If it really is a big deal for you, try networking :shrug:

I went to one away game last year (but went to all the home games) and in my view I don't deserve a look in for away tickets now, given the time and miles some people have invested for many years.

Apologies if this is a bit terse.... I have the horrible prospect of an England game shortly and I'm a bit tetchy :facepalm:
Oh I don't mind for myself.

I can rarely get to weekend away games, and on the rare occasion I can then so what if I can't get a ticket... Hopefully the dates I am able to attend correspond to a non-attractive fixture.

But my over the top annoyance is more to do with sneaky fan deviance when buying tickets.

It ALWAYS ends the same way - the club clamps down with a heavy handed solution and the friendly fire spoils it for everyone...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Oh I don't mind for myself.

I can rarely get to weekend away games, and on the rare occasion I can then so what if I can't get a ticket... Hopefully the dates I am able to attend correspind to a non-attractive fixture.

But my over the top annoyance is more to do with sneaky fan deviance when buying tickets.

It ALWAYS end the same way - the club clamps down in a heavy handed solution and tge friendly fire spoils it for everyone...

Yes, you have a point.... :cheers:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
How many would we have sold if there were no points for this game? Are the people moaning because they wanted a ticket to go to the game or they wanted 10 points or just moaning at people getting 10 points?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
We've got ours. Loyalty points are a factor but we will be going. Our group are all in the top bracket for away tickets so need to maintain that and as I can't go to the league game then this is second best. Went to the Oxford game last year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here