Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official Mayweather vs McGregor thread

LVGull

May 13, 2016
I'm pretty certain if McGregor resorts to MMA he will lose all his purse if disqualified. If May does not have that in the contract he is the mug.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Why is he a thug?
Have you ever seen him fight? He's dirty, he hits people with elbows and stuff. If he's able to hit Floyd, Floyd will pretend he's been hit on the back of the head and they'll keep breaking them up and warning Connor.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Have you ever seen him fight? He's dirty, he hits people with elbows and stuff. If he's able to hit Floyd, Floyd will pretend he's been hit on the back of the head and they'll keep breaking them up and warning Connor.

Yes seen him fight plenty of times in MMA? You can't use the 12 to 6 elbow in MMA.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Let's just see what happened the last time someone challenged FMJ from outside boxing

floyd_mayweather_jr_floyd_vs_big_show_GIaaeyr0.sized.jpeg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's like the Irish rugby team playing Germany in the World Cup at football, total farce and a mismatch

Wouldn't happen in Germany

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Total Circus. In my eyes, Mayweather lost all credibility dodging Pacman till he knew he had an evens chance; 5 years earlier then that could have been a great fight. This shoots whatever legacy he thought he had down in flames. I couldn't care less. Mugs paying to go to a press conference FFS!

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
This is the biggest load of b*llocks in sport.
fwiw if mcgregor is losing, he will get frustrated. If you're placing a bet, I'd check the odds of mayweather win through disqualification.

Drpepper

Nov 23, 2011
Sussex
alot of people are banging on about how much bigger mcgregor will be once the bell goes, need to remember FMJ had the exact same when he fought canelo and eneded up giving gim a complete boxing lesson. Canelo is also a far bigger and more dangerous puncher than mcgregor.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This is the biggest load of b*llocks in sport.
fwiw if mcgregor is losing, he will get frustrated. If you're placing a bet, I'd check the odds of mayweather win through disqualification.
This, Mayweather just had to do what he does. Mcgregor is not going to be able to do his kicking and holding stuff so he will be at a disadvantage. Lump on Mayweather.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
As much as I think that the whole thing is a bit of a farce, and that all logic and common sense points to Mayweather winning comfortably, I have this nagging feeling that McGregor will win.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
The thing is if mcgregor was serious about boxing he'd have had, say, five fights against boxers. It would be a learning curve but he'd be better for it, and would porobably stand more chance of beating mayweather.
The fact that he hasn't boxed is the biggest hype and given as a reason why he could win. Ridiculous when you think about it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here