Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anybody Else Getting Just A Wee Bit Bored Of Pop Tart Ed Sheeran?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Having sold 700 000 copies of his album in it's first week of sale I doubt very much Ed gives a Rat's A*se what the people of NSC think, to be fair

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
It is a bit boring, but I guess I rarely come across either E.S. or E.G., as I don't watch programmes they would feature in, and don't listen to mainstream radio. If I did, I'm sure they'd annoy me more.

This. I have heard of Ed Sheeran, Goulding :shrug: If this sort of rubbish annoys you, it is easily avoidable.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Characterless floss to soundtrack the joyless lives of imagination-less thick people on a Tory island.

Being "down to earth" is the last thing anyone should admire in pop music. Subculturalism is still strong, but you kinda sense that one day soon we'll all be pretty embarrassed about this period in mainstream culture.

Did you copy this from Pseuds corner in Private eye?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Anybody Else Getting Just A Wee Bit Bored Of Pop Tart Ed Sheeran?

That all depends on how many points he'll need to get promotion at the end of the season.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patreon
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
I happened to read an article about him in GQ today. I think in summary it said he was an artist when producing the music, but absolutely a competitive business man when it comes to drumming up the cash. In which case he's doing a good job of it.

Not really aimed at my generation TBF, but I think some of his stuff is OK. If you are in the mood for a bit of plaintive balladeering, like.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I find it very difficult to feel anything detrimental towards a man who writes his own songs and plays his own instruments in a world where Drake exists.

You know, Drake.

Drake.

You know? The guy who was at number 1 the same number of weeks as Wet Wet Wet?

What do you mean you've never heard of him?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I find it very difficult to feel anything detrimental towards a man who writes his own songs and plays his own instruments in a world where Drake exists.

You know, Drake.

Drake.

How can any football fan have not head of DRAKE?

In the bit in every single club's match-day programme where they interview a player, they pre-print the "Favourite music?" answer as DRAKE, before they've even conducted the interview.

Every. Single. One. ****ing DRAKE.

Its as predictable as in the 80's when every one of them answered 'Ford Capri / Lager and lime / My Mum's roast dinner / Lanzarote / Yes, to Claire'

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Rarely listen to him, if i did get fed up with him i would hit the off button, this can apply to the radio or tv.
Perhaps, Anybody Else Getting Just A Wee Bit Bored Of Moaning, would be a good thread.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
His music is right up there with Adel and Coldplay, SHITE!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Not bored.... think he has a lot of talent and a great voice who can sing live. He has made sure some of the people he busked with have got on as well. I accept he is not everyone's cup of tea.

50 years ago or so there was an article on here 'Anybody Else Getting Just A Wee Bit Bored Of those Pop Tarts The Beatles ?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

You know, Drake.

Drake.

To be fair Hold On, We're Going Home is an absolute TUNE.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Cannot stand him.

And sick to death of hearing that he broke his effing leg when he was six. Why not now? He might not attempt to make any new music for a while.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto

You know, Drake.

Drake.

I had never heard him until I moved to his home city. It's hard to avoid hearing about him here.

He's even decided Toronto should be called "The Six." So that's what all the trendy hipsters call it now.

Thankfully there's a large contingent of people who want him to f**k off. Basically anyone over the age of 30.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He currently has 16 songs in the top 20 on the charts. This would indicate that a lot of people don't find him annoying.

Might also explain why he's on every media outlet going....which is the OP's complaint.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
What Ed Sheeran did that was pretty smart, and lots of other entertainers fail at, was he pretty much went away for a while to write the new album. He didn't really tease anything until it was just about to come out, and managed to build up a much bigger frenzy than he would have otherwise. He's a guy who's obsessed with the minutia of the record industry and its statistics, and has worked intelligently with his label and PR etc... to create the biggest album in years. It helped that he was popular before hand, remember that his last album won him a lot of nominations and awards as well as helping him to sell out multiple dates at Wembley, but he's certainly at a level he never was before right now. Also, to sound horribly hipster, while I don't think the new album is good as his older stuff (+ in 2011 and earlier), it's certainly written to have a more mainstream appeal.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here