Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Taxi for Cairney

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
cant believe germogunt is getting the glory .....orrible twunt.....no doubt fulham failing is a bonus for us tho.....

sent from a cauliflower on the bus.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Winstanley tweeted the other day "We really don't want Fulham to go up"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That's because of all the playoff sides their style would adjust best to the premier league.
Like him I want Reading to go up as I rate them a good bet to come straight back down again. :thumbsup:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I read that as Fulham would be more of a threat next season than Reading, rather than anything to do with signings.

Ditto

Didn't quite a few of the squad say Fulham are the best team they have played this season.

The board have said no one is for sale, which means he won't go cheap.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
cant believe germogunt is getting the glory .....orrible twunt.....no doubt fulham failing is a bonus for us tho.....

sent from a cauliflower on the bus.[/QUOTE]

Is that a pay as you go?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I read that as Fulham would be more of a threat next season than Reading, rather than anything to do with signings.

Fulhams style would be ok in the PL but lots of sides would pick them off, as they are vulnerable at the back. Reading would be harder to break down but would score fewer than Fulham.
Fulham would spend the bigger of the two, as they have no agenda outside football. Reading are currently Thai owned but a Chinese consortium are desperate to get their hands on it. Neither party is interested in the football side. They all want a piece of the massive development around the Mad Stad. that has now got approval.....Residential Propery, Retail Shops, Ice Rink., Entertainment complex,Multi Storey parking etc.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I like Ryan Sessignon (spelling?). Whenever I've seen him, he's looked like a really exciting young prospect.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Cairney is undoubtedly a good player but I feel he doesn't have the athleticism we will need to compete in the PL!

Personally it's a no from me.

We desperately need pace, and he doesn't have it IMO.

:shrug:

Cairney isn't slow. He's definitely quicker than ANY of our four current centre midfielders.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
let's cherry pick a load of Championship players...........:ffsparr:

Ok, I think that's what people are discussing.

Oh, you're being, what? Sarcastic? Surely as a newly promoted Premier League team we are in a good position to do exactly that, or at least make inquiries about those that would enhance our squad for next season?

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Ok, I think that's what people are discussing.

Oh, you're being, what? Sarcastic? Surely as a newly promoted Premier League team we are in a good position to do exactly that, or at least make inquiries about those that would enhance our squad for next season?

Burnley are the exact model we should be copying, recruitment wise, and that's exactly what they've done. So I'm with you, has to be the best option.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
let's cherry pick a load of Championship players...........:ffsparr:

In fairness Chelsea are looking to spend £200million on 6 players. I don't think we could spend a quarter of that. If we want to buy 6 players, we will probably have to look at players in the Championship who are good enough to play in the Prem. They are there, look at Knockaert for example. It is a gamble whether that will work or not but the truth is we probably don't have a lot of choice in the matter. Promotion will have increased our ability to bring certain players in, but there is a limit to that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here