Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
We have two things in common today. Lamb and red wine but not running. Well done on your 19 miler. I've ditched mine. There is a point when training by running long on fatigued legs is not beneficial or worth the pain. Have rescheduled to Tuesday To go out and enjoy (!) myself.

Enjoy both. This has allowed me to take a sneaky peak at the Strava leaderboard where I'm nestling "just" behind the pro. Few to go out yet, mind.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Excellent news and advice. I was told on Wednesday my calf would have gone last Sunday without a warm up.
@EP will particularly like the fact he can use the massage stick anywhere!

I've used them in Amsterdam, Hamburg and Bangkok before. Everyone ended up happy.

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
20 miles banked today and will now taper down over the next couple of weeks. After my crisis of confidence a fortnight ago feel much happier today as all went to plan and now have real belief I can finish the BM on 2 feet and hopefully sub 4. My training plan said I should run for 3 hours the distance was irrelevant so I took the easy option for me here and ran down to Eastbourne which is mostly downhill after an initial climb up to heathfield. Managed to avoid the rain and countless dogs all wanting a race. The Salvation Army band were playing outside Eastbourne pier to see me home.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We have two things in common today. Lamb and red wine but not running. Well done on your 19 miler. I've ditched mine. There is a point when training by running long on fatigued legs is not beneficial or worth the pain. Have rescheduled to Tuesday To go out and enjoy (!) myself.

Lamb and red for lunch for me, virtually no running for 2 weeks now.......left calf healing but now have a hostpot on the right one (probably subconscious weight transfer away from the left over-stressing it). Looks like spring plans are well and truly ****ed......still a chance of making Brighton as a training plod perhaps....

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Lamb and red for lunch for me, virtually no running for 2 weeks now.......left calf healing but now have a hostpot on the right one (probably subconscious weight transfer away from the left over-stressing it). Looks like spring plans are well and truly ****ed......still a chance of making Brighton as a training plod perhaps....

Frustrating for you. Hope you make Brighton. A training plod from you will give me a good pacemaker.

As for [MENTION=24975]St Leonards Seagull[/MENTION] and [MENTION=23419]penny's harmonica[/MENTION] sub 4 is no problem.

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
Frustrating for you. Hope you make Brighton. A training plod from you will give me a good pacemaker.

As for [MENTION=24975]St Leonards Seagull[/MENTION] and [MENTION=23419]penny's harmonica[/MENTION] sub 4 is no problem.

Thanks for the vote of confidence but if the weather is like today all bets are off, the seafront today was blowing a hooley.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
13 miles of aerobic taper (11 minute miles) for me this morning.
SDW50 on April 9th.

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
Won my first Parkrun in March Cambridgeshire yesterday. With the vast majority off road I clocked 18.56. Then had a lovely relaxed half marathon run with my ex club coach in 1hr 32. All the training I've put in over the last month is starting to pay off.

St Leonards Seagull

Jul 10, 2012
When running Hastings last week, I saw a truly awful sight.
It was the Crystal Palace running club or something along those lines.
This got me thinking as we have a good running community here maybe we should get some NSC shirts for future races so we can identify each other.
Anyway it just a thought I thought I'd put out there.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
This got me thinking as we have a good running community here maybe we should get some NSC shirts for future races so we can identify each other.

I got told off for booing someone training in a Palarse jumper on the lawns before Hove Prom t'other week.

Last edited:

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove

I entered the Phoenix 10k today - great event as it is 7:30 start so a pint afterwards is a possibility as a few of us did last year- anyway I noticed you can enter as a team - NSC Runners anyone (surely a more imaginative name out there)?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I entered the Phoenix 10k today - great event as it is 7:30 start so a pint afterwards is a possibility as a few of us did last year- anyway I noticed you can enter as a team - NSC Runners anyone (surely a more imaginative name out there)?

Count me in, loved Phoenix last year.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

Great event. I entered that 5th Feb. It's my B race this summer. The A race being a sub 20 5k! Roll up everyone. Around 9 of us last year. The more the merrier. Be good to have an AG race against [MENTION=14959]gary[/MENTION] Nelson's Teacher.

Pickledegg

Jul 13, 2012
Help please. Any stretch for the middle of the thighs at the front. Got heel to buttock and sitting on heels. Plus the vicious knobbly roller. Not getting it though. Any other stretch?
Have you tried a couple of gentle reverse lunges?!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Have you tried a couple of gentle reverse lunges?!

I will try them later on cheers. [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] stretch got me out this morning but the wind seemed to always be hindering. Ran for 3 and a half hours at 10:30 pace. Not the plan but should be beneficial.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here