Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Serena Williams has had a tempur mattress for over 10 years

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
For the record, she was trounced 6-3, 6-2 today by an unknown Jap. I've never seen her play as badly.

Serena suffers from Sjogrens Syndrome & is also reaching the end of her playing career. She may have earned millions, but also had to pay travel expenses, her coach, a doctor and a physio, for a career which is as short as a footballer.
Good for her getting endorsements from advertising.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
As thunder bolt mentions, there are a lot of hidden costs that come from being a rich celebrity/successful sports person. Agents, lawyers, coaches (both sports and any 'extra curricular' coaches - acting coaches etc), body guards, drivers, any domestic help (cleaners, chefs, personal assistants etc) international travel, fees to unions/clubs/associations. Then they also have to pay their taxes and insurance (and with so much at steak that is probably a lot more than average). Paying a lot of money for a safe secluded property with plenty of space since you're largely trapped there unable to enjoy the usual casual jaunt into town without people hassling you.

All those fees and sponsorship deals will eat away at the money, so any good deal you can get is worth taking.

Sometimes worth isn't the same as money in the bank, and these sorts of deals give her that.

Even if someone is still rich after all that, there is the simply idea of wanting more than you have. Whether that is plain greed or some never-ending attempt to fill a hole in your soul with something, or that fear of having grown up without to never want to be in that position again.

You also have brand recognition strategy. Sure it's just a mattress, but if she can show a portfolio of products that she has endorsed, she can push an argument that her name engenders trust in buyers, and maybe Coca-Cola would benefit from giving her a big money contract, maybe Apple should throw some Benjamins her way to get her on board with their latest iPhone advertising campaign.

Or maybe she genuinely loves her tempur mattress and wants to share her positive experience of a product with people.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Nope its serena

*I'll qualify that (as I'll probably need to later) & say I've always had a bit of a thing about her & i wouldn't have minded some fun with her (a few years ago)

What happened? Window of opportunity close? Did you have to move away from California?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I am quite prepared to bounce around on a mattress with Serena Williams, even for slightly less than £1 million.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Actually, I've been considering a new mattress. I like the look of these newfangled ones like the tempur, simba, emma, Casper, Leesa etc. Anyone had any experience? Are they better than a traditional spring mattress? Worth the money?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here