Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Guilty/Free Speech/Grossly Offensive - World gone mad

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Making light of dark often horrible situations is how comedy is supposed to work. It iis often a coping mechanism for people. You are obviously clueless to that.

My Dad died of cancer, even he made jokes about it before he passed away. As he and many others have said, laughter is the best medicine.

Obviously we'll never see you at a Jimmy Carr show. Far too offensive for your sensitive ears.

Yeah, well thanks for that. It just shows you up to be ignorant and insensitive to others feelings. I went to the
Ricky Gervais concert three days after leaving hospital after resection due to bowel cancer, so don’t give me crap like that. You haven’t got a clue.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yeah, well thanks for that. It just shows you up to be ignorant and insensitive to others feelings. I went to the
Ricky Gervais concert three days after leaving hospital after resection due to bowel cancer, so don’t give me crap like that. You haven’t got a clue.

Just block him, like I have done. Suddenly the air smells that little bit fresher. Its not as if he'll ever say anything that will teach you something, nor is it necessary to read what he says in case it helps arm you against the rise of the loonies. I'm comfortable that there is an element on here that are like the Daily Mail (which I never read); anxious to convert folk to their thinking, and with a big 'following' but ultimately useless. The Mail, after all, is written largely for the wives of the people who run things......catnip. The solution, I suspct, is don't read it. :thumbsup:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

Indeed, I'm sure I'd be cracking gags if I was being driven, naked, bloody and beaten with my children into a gas chamber, I mean who wouldn't make light of that with a couple of wisecracks?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
"Here's a link to jokes told by death row inmates just before they were killed."

Do you SERIOUSLY think I'm going to click on his link to test the provenance of his story? Fake news.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
It’s about as funny as Ricky Gervais making jokes about people with cancer.

And right up there with Billy Connolly joking about a hostage being beheaded . Perhaps it's a Scottish thing that us southerners don't understand .

https://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/connolly-booed-over-hostage-joke-7285499.html

Billy Connolly was booed and heckled after he made jokes about the plight of Ken Bigley during a stand-up show, it emerged today.

The comic got a cool reception after using material about the hostage at the Carling Apollo, Hammersmith. Connolly also made disparaging remarks about Mr Bigley's Thai wife.

The engineer was seized in Baghdad almost three weeks ago, along with two American colleagues, by a gang led by Iraq's most wanted terrorist, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi. They beheaded the Americans and have threatened to do the same to Mr Bigley.

During his performance Connolly told the audience: "Perhaps I shouldn't be saying this ... aren't you the same as me, don't you wish they would just get on with it?" He went on to crack a joke about 62-year-old Mr Bigley's wife Sombat, saying: "What is it with him and that young Asian wife?"

A member of the audience, Richard Williams, said many people were shocked by the comments. "One man stood up and shouted, 'You're talking about a man's life Billy'," he said. According to Mr Williams the comedian replied with a four-letter expletive

Would prefer though that armed robbers are sent to Jail rather than being given suspended sentences .

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/crim...r_raiding_store_with_shotgun_in_his_trousers/

Last edited:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
This is the first time I've read a thread on here and got completely confused as to who is arguing with who about what. Carry on!

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Have to do a meme with the legend Jordan Peterson..

nscnazi.jpg

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

Seems you haven't got a clue.

Why the **** are you going to a comedy show if you don't want to be potentially offended?

Was he too know you would be there? Should he give a shit if you were?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
It is for you, clearly. I would suggest that's down to your apparent very limited one-dimensional world view. Hopefully, one day you'll find it easier or I really do fear for how you'll cope with life. If I have some 'interesting allies' on this point as you put it that doesn't concern me in the least. I have friends and acquaintances of widely differing political beliefs and find some areas of common ground with all of them. I share some of yours, that's why it's so laughable that you're accusing someone who has taken an active step like leaving their political party as a protest at its increasing militancy and questionable stance on anti-semitism, Europe etc, as being some kind of closet bigot. It's actions like that that (hopefully) influence people, not shouting your mouth off on internet forums in an attempt to try and look a better human being than everyone else. You also engage in the classic tactic of those with a limited or non-argument to make, i.e. you reply with trite one-liners, picking out one aspect of an in-depth post in order to try and win your 'argument', whilst ignoring all the other points that you can't formulate an argument against (because you simply don't have one). You'd probably make a successful MP if you keep practising that tactic, the front benches are stuffed full of non-serious chancers like that these days.

I admire your decision to leave the Labour Party because of extremist infiltration. I did the same in the 1980s when many of the same people last made the attempt. I have retained my left of Centre principles and I imagine you are the same. My shorter posts are not a tactic. It’s just all I have to say at the time. If you care to check (not expecting you to do so as that would be a little weird) I have written many longer and more thoughtful posts on both football and politics. Somehow (my fault) we have entered a bit of a stand off but that was not my intention. I feel passionately about what I see as the hypocrisy of the modern left who fail to apply their principles of equality when it comes to Jewish people. It is somehow acceptable to publish jokes about the Holocaust and even on NSC I have seen very familiar conspiracy theories aired about Jewish manipulation of banking, Government and media. The accusation I made was of a lack of condemnation of anti scemitism and perhaps you think it dramatic but such apathy has in the past allowed elements of the far right and left to push their objectives against Jewish people in mainland Europe and Russia. My only defence is that last night it was just me on one side of the debate and many (with varying motives) on the other and perhaps in my mind you all merged into one. My view was forthrightly expressed, not a crusade and I apologize for offending you as clearly you are someone who has actually done something about it.

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Hang on, ‘gas the jews’ is comedy ? who finds it funny ? Just you, Adolf Hitler and the rest of the Nazis presumably. Do you know any good jokes about Jewish financiers or media magnates ?

I know a few good Jewish jokes.

“ But Solly, at £ 25.00 a metre, you would have punched him on the nose”

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I admire your decision to leave the Labour Party because of extremist infiltration. I did the same in the 1980s when many of the same people last made the attempt. I have retained my left of Centre principles and I imagine you are the same. My shorter posts are not a tactic. It’s just all I have to say at the time. If you care to check (not expecting you to do so as that would be a little weird) I have written many longer and more thoughtful posts on both football and politics. Somehow (my fault) we have entered a bit of a stand off but that was not my intention. I feel passionately about what I see as the hypocrisy of the modern left who fail to apply their principles of equality when it comes to Jewish people. It is somehow acceptable to publish jokes about the Holocaust and even on NSC I have seen very familiar conspiracy theories aired about Jewish manipulation of banking, Government and media. The accusation I made was of a lack of condemnation of anti scemitism and perhaps you think it dramatic but such apathy has in the past allowed elements of the far right and left to push their objectives against Jewish people in mainland Europe and Russia. My only defence is that last night it was just me on one side of the debate and many (with varying motives) on the other and perhaps in my mind you all merged into one. My view was forthrightly expressed, not a crusade and I apologize for offending you as clearly you are someone who has actually done something about it.

Thank you for that response, it is appreciated. For my part, if my criticism of you now reads a little harsh in hindsight, it is only because I was so taken aback at your first post in response to mine. I guess we're both long enough in the tooth to be able to admit to feeling a tad foolish at such knee-jerk reactions, but this is NSC eh! Perhaps I should try and be a little clearer in my points on such emotive issues - one long-standing NSCer ended up calling me a racist several times when I somehow failed to get my point across regarding the relative scale of bigotry towards black people as opposed to those with ginger hair. Go figure, as the kids say :)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I know a few good Jewish jokes.

“ But Solly, at £ 25.00 a metre, you would have punched him on the nose”

Solly and Levi are walking down the street. Solly sees an unopened wage packet on the ground and opens it up.

<Levi> "You lucky *****r!"
<Solly> "Lucky? Lucky?? Look at the tax I'm paying!"

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Solly and Levi are walking down the street. Solly sees an unopened wage packet on the ground and opens it up.

<Levi> "You lucky *****r!"
<Solly> "Lucky? Lucky?? Look at the tax I'm paying!"

Solly and Levi are walking down the road in Croydon and they see this guy pull out a cosh and realise they are about to get mugged. Solly reaches into his pocket and pulls out £200.00 quid and gives it to Levi and says, “Here’s that money I owe you Levi”

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This is the first time I've read a thread on here and got completely confused as to who is arguing with who about what. Carry on!

It is all about being OUTRAGED about someone being told off (put in the nick) for being a dick. That rhymes by the way. And the OUTRAGE that other people are not OUTRAGED by the OUTRAGE. And there is a Nazi dog who does a number two when you say 'Hermann Munster is a Jew'. That also rhymes, by the way. Poet points. Overall verdict: Hilarious. :thumbsup::shootself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here