Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "Brighton set for €10m Camarasa"

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Stephen Ward, one that spring to mind. How do you lose out on a player who has spent months on loan with you and you know that you want to sign him? I heard that the reason that we missed out on Lewis Grabban, a couple of years ago, was that he turned up at the Amex and was left waiting for ages so he left. You can even go back to the days of Ian Wright who had a successful trial with the club, was due to sign but again was left waiting so he left.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I’ve read 2 different reports today , the jist of both that we are still leading the race to sing him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alternatively, as per The Argus, Albion are not even interested.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Stephen Ward, one that spring to mind. How do you lose out on a player who has spent months on loan with you and you know that you want to sign him? I heard that the reason that we missed out on Lewis Grabban, a couple of years ago, was that he turned up at the Amex and was left waiting for ages so he left. You can even go back to the days of Ian Wright who had a successful trial with the club, was due to sign but again was left waiting so he left.

Stephen Ward, yeah, wonder why he didn't sign when a club just promoted to the Premier League came in for him. Tough one to work out...

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Ward: Offered more money by Burnley

Grabban: His agent used us as leverage to get a better deal for him at Bmuff.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Maybe he means putting in numerous late bids on the final day of the transfer window and getting nowhere ???
No, I doubt it - more likely the post quoted below has nailed it much more accurately:

Another fan who thinks buying a player is just like going to the supermarket and picking the one you want.
It's the same sort of idiot thinking that goes: "We won't need Hemed any more when we sign a striker. We'd like £8M for him, so we'll just tell the world and then several clubs will come shopping with an £8M cheque in their hands".

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
My twitter just alerted me that Andy Naylor and Brian Owen have started following Mateo Gonzalez - who appears to be a journalist covering Betis. Perhaps there is something in this after all.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
My twitter just alerted me that Andy Naylor and Brian Owen have started following Mateo Gonzalez - who appears to be a journalist covering Betis. Perhaps there is something in this after all.

Said journalist has today written (google translate):
"There enters the negotiation with the Brighton by Camarasa. The dialogue has slowed down in the most recent hours but the operation is not completely ruled out. Betis does not want to let go of the player if the figure is not important enough given that he is a midfielder with a lot of market and projection. His exit, if it takes place finally, would cause a cascade of movements with the amount that the Betis can enter, around ten million Euros according to the dialogues by the parts. If there is a sale or not, it will be decided in the next few days depending on whether the Brighton affects its bet on the Valencian footballer. "

http://sevilla.abc.es/deportes/alfi...ramo-final-del-mercado-144451-1517000246.html

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
If we do end up getting relegated this season the Only reason will be is that those responsible have been incapable of securing the services of Premier league quality strikers. It was evident that Hemed, Murray and Baldock would not be Premier league quality. The whole idea of giving the players that got you up a chance to play in the highest division of British football needs to be shelved. It's a sweet idea but, it has cost us dearly this season.This season at home, the team have dropped 10 points from games we have dominated because our front men have not been up to the task. Some of our build up play has been a delight to watch. I fully understand that other clubs might be able to offer higher wages but, how much is it going to cost the club if we get relegated? Yes, my rant is fuelled by frustration but, someone has to ask the question whether those responsible are up to the task. It was summed up very nicely in another post relating to the Chelsea match, Brighton are a Championship squad playing in the Premier league.

Last edited:

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
If we do end up getting relegated this season the Only reason will be is that those responsible have been incapable of securing the services of Premier league quality strikers. It was evident that Hemed, Murray and Baldock would not be Premier league quality. The whole idea of giving the players that got you up a chance to play in the highest division of British football needs to be shelved. It's a sweet idea but, it has cost us dearly this season.This season at home, the team have dropped 10 points from games we have dominated because our front men have not been up to the task. Some of our build up play has been a delight to watch. I fully understand that other clubs might be able to offer higher wages but, how much is it going to cost the club if we get relegated? Yes, my rant is fuelled by frustration but, someone has to ask the question whether those responsible are up to the task. It was summed up very nicely in another post relating to the Chelsea match, Brighton are a Championship squad playing in the Premier league.

I'd rather hear the question put by someone who doesn't confuse British with English, who doesn't think that Ian Wright is relevant to the argument, who doesn't realise that Lewis Grabban didn't care whether anyone met him or not and who doesn't see that Ward's eyes lit up the moment Burnley came knocking with Premier League ££££s.

TB has made it clear that there is a budget. As a fan, he would love to hoover up players regardless of cost. As Chairman and the man who funds the entire show, he will continue to be shrewd, prudent and look to the long-term. From top to bottom, the club doesn't see relegation as the end of the world. It will be no more of a catastrophe than missing out so narrowly two, four or five seasons ago. Gus was frustrated back then when TB wouldn't loosen the purse strings. He felt we had hit the ceiling but actually TB was digging deep and lasting foundations. You have to appreciate that we are still building and he simply won't chase short-term gratification, no matter how disappointing relegation might be for us fans. The lower reaches of The Championship, not to mention Leagues 1 & 2, are peppered with clubs who went on spending sprees.

:albion2::albion2::albion2:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Stephen Ward, yeah, wonder why he didn't sign when a club just promoted to the Premier League came in for him. Tough one to work out...

Rewriting history there. We could've had Ward signed at any point in the month before he signed for Burnley but the club left it late to tie him down. Burnley only came in for him because their original target fell through.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Rewriting history there. We could've had Ward signed at any point in the month before he signed for Burnley but the club left it late to tie him down. Burnley only came in for him because their original target fell through.

And you're doing the same because we did try to tie it up the month before, but Wolves rejected several offers before we agreed a fee. As soon as that was done, Burnley who had monitored the situation came in.

I would also say that our recruitment strategy from 2014 changed dramatically from 2015 onward. In fact, the last few years (other than the striker in the summer) our transfer business has been excellent imho.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
I'd rather hear the question put by someone who doesn't confuse British with English, who doesn't think that Ian Wright is relevant to the argument, who doesn't realise that Lewis Grabban didn't care whether anyone met him or not and who doesn't see that Ward's eyes lit up the moment Burnley came knocking with Premier League ££££s.

TB has made it clear that there is a budget. As a fan, he would love to hoover up players regardless of cost. As Chairman and the man who funds the entire show, he will continue to be shrewd, prudent and look to the long-term. From top to bottom, the club doesn't see relegation as the end of the world. It will be no more of a catastrophe than missing out so narrowly two, four or five seasons ago. Gus was frustrated back then when TB wouldn't loosen the purse strings. He felt we had hit the ceiling but actually TB was digging deep and lasting foundations. You have to appreciate that we are still building and he simply won't chase short-term gratification, no matter how disappointing relegation might be for us fans. The lower reaches of The Championship, not to mention Leagues 1 & 2, are peppered with clubs who went on spending sprees.

Although I agree entirely with what u say how can dropping back down to help . We here tirelessly from blooms pet dog barber on how much money tony puts in to keep this club afloat because there is no money in this game unless u r in the premier league . We have been desperately short of a striker for some time now despite Murray scoring 6 , Murray hemed and baldock were never going to be good enough to kept us afloat . Watched an interview with amid Eddie the other day when he said no player is worth the wages they get paid or the transfer fee paid but if u don’t pay the going rate u fall behind and pay the consequences

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
And you're doing the same because we did try to tie it up the month before, but Wolves rejected several offers before we agreed a fee. As soon as that was done, Burnley who had monitored the situation came in.

I would also say that our recruitment strategy from 2014 changed dramatically from 2015 onward. In fact, the last few years (other than the striker in the summer) our transfer business has been excellent imho.

But that's what happens when you try to slow play transfers for so long to get maximum value.
I agree things have moved on since then and I think the club learned many lessons in the first few years of the Bloom era. The setup we have now is a direct result of precious failures like losing out on Ward.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
But that's what happens when you try to slow play transfers for so long to get maximum value.
I agree things have moved on since then and I think the club learned many lessons in the first few years of the Bloom era. The setup we have now is a direct result of precious failures like losing out on Ward.

But then the only way to avoid that is offer more money from the off...hardly a sustainable transfer policy in the long run.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes

Firstly, The Premier League is the highest level of British football. Secondly, Lewis Grabban would have signed if he hadn't been left standing around. What would you have done in his position? Thirdly, I used Ian Wright as an example to show that the problem stretches back over the years. I forgot to mention, that as I understand it, Vicente had to be chased through Gatwick in order to sign him.
I'm fully aware that Mr bloom is trying to run the club on a tight budget and wants to built firm foundations, which is the right way to do it. My point is and always will be that those responsible have failed in signing two front men capable of competing at this level. It was clearly evident last season that this would be the big problem if not suitably addressed. It has not been and look at our current situation, the third lowest scorers in the Premier league.

Now this is going to surprise you, I don't think we are far short of being a mid table team. It is quite evident where I and many others know where the problem lies.Some of our build up play has been a joy to watch, plenty of chances have been created but sadly squandered. I don't think relegation would be the end of the world if handled correctly.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Firstly, The Premier League is the highest level of British football. Secondly, Lewis Grabban would have signed if he hadn't been left standing around. What would you have done in his position? Thirdly, I used Ian Wright as an example to show that the problem stretches back over the years. I forgot to mention, that as I understand it, Vicente had to be chased through Gatwick in order to sign him.
I'm fully aware that Mr bloom is trying to run the club on a tight budget and wants to built firm foundations, which is the right way to do it. My point is and always will be that those responsible have failed in signing two front men capable of competing at this level. It was clearly evident last season that this would be the big problem if not suitably addressed. It has not been and look at our current situation, the third lowest scorers in the Premier league.

Now this is going to surprise you, I don't think we are far short of being a mid table team. It is quite evident where I and many others know where the problem lies.Some of our build up play has been a joy to watch, plenty of chances have been created but sadly squandered. I don't think relegation would be the end of the world if handled correctly.

3 points.

BHA007

Jan 13, 2013
Real Betis Balompié is not having the best possible winter market, as both the arrivals and departures section, does not end any agreement, while the staff needs reinforcements urgently to face the second leg of the tournament with guarantees. season.

The team, which is waiting to sign a side (Nagatomo and Layún are the candidates), and with Durmisi who has already reiterated his desire not to leave this winter, now they have joined the braking suffered by the transfer of Víctor Camarasa to Brighton, for which the Andalusian club expected to receive an amount close to 10 million euros.

The problem is precisely that amount, since the British team is looking for all possible ways to reduce it, while Betis refuses to lose a single euro in the negotiation, since they seek to obtain something of economic benefit after having paid last summer seven million euros for a player who has gone from more to less.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)

I totally agree with the sentiment, but some might argue we have been on a spending spree. Our net transfer business is 4th in the league.

Man U -£152.9m
Man C -£152.45m
Everton -£78.42m
Brighton -£64.4m
Hudders -£50.9

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/einnahmenausgaben/wettbewerb/GB1

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here