Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Catching up as in a 0.3% ish drop in GDP growth compared to predictions made by 'experts' pre referendum (1.7% compared to 2%). The very same experts whose doomsday forecasts would mean we should lose 5% GDP growth in the next twelve months ... to prove in any way accurate.

0.5% growth this year so far, little surprise monthly June debt was up 50% on last year. Just hope it doesn't carry on at this rate as it would equate to £30BN a year, or is that project fear 2.0?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
0.5% growth this year so far, little surprise monthly June debt was up 50% on last year. Just hope it doesn't carry on at this rate as it would equate to £30BN a year, or is that project fear 2.0?

Shirley any growth is a win as you were expecting a recession.The 'experts' so exalted by Remain supporters before the referendum predict UK growth better than France this year and 0. not a lot from most major EU countries next year. Yet according to you we are heading for economic disaster and the EU is going from strength to strength.

:facepalm:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm saying the doomsday forecasts (HM Treasury) mean we should see a 5% drop in GDP growth next year.

Do you mean a 5 percentage point drop? Or a 5% drop in total GDP? Because 5% of 0.3 is just 0.015 which I don't think you mean. And as I said GDP growth is already down over 50% since the referendum.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
You're deluded. See how the cabbies, nurses and everyday folk you seem to mingle with so much get on if we leave. If it's not the funding that stops it'll be the Tories left with free reign to descimate pensions, funding and pay.

We certainly can have credibility trying to figure out what might happen. It's better than the Leave attitude of "yeah yeah, it'll be fine look, Mulberry's have opened up a new convenience store in Portslade. Business is booming".

And to attempt to convince us that nurses and teachers are "doing fine" is frankly the words of a madman.

Oh right, so armegeddon is due after Brexit now not after the referendum, okie dokie .......................

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Do you mean a 5 percentage point drop? Or a 5% drop in total GDP? Because 5% of 0.3 is just 0.015 which I don't think you mean. And as I said GDP growth is already down over 50% since the referendum.

GDP down 50% since the referendum. Think you might need to revisit Your financial advisers

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
GDP down 50% since the referendum. Think you might need to revisit Your financial advisers

I wrote GDP growth. Think you might need to revisit your optician.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Yes? The budget airline said the new company will be called easyJet Europe and will be based in Vienna, while the people and planes that will fly for the new carrier are already employed and based in EU27 countries.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/easyjet-an...abin-crew-intake-it-creates-1200-jobs-1631786

.... said an EU spokesman. :facepalm:

You think that all the new jobs will just be for the remaining UK business?
Most of the business carried out in the EU that previously was all reported in the UK for taxation purposes, will in future be reported and taxed in Austria. Easyjet UK may be just operating UK internal flights, I suspect the new jobs will mostly be switched to the new business.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Claiming working class roots as a reason one can't grasp spelling and grammar is at best a weak excuse and at worse an insult to true working class people who despite their backgrounds are still very able and proficient in their grammar.

The truth of the matter is that in this world, when making an argument or stating one's case a good grasp of grammar is important for one to be taken seriously. It's the very base of being credible.

Thankfully my shame was not about spelling, but that should not under play the scale of the grammatical crime that I committed. As everyone knows there is a profound difference between a similie and a metaphor, and by confusing these 2 figures of speech, any point I was trying to make was rendered entirely redundant as a consequence.

I have no doubt that the teachers in my school taught me this essential aspect of English language, and you are correct to say that my more proficient working class peers should not be insulted by my own very unique weakness. I take full responsibility for the error, it was no one else's fault, I am eternally sorry. I could not agree more with you that communicating coherently is essential in life, and all the more so in really important mediums such as a football fan website.

You and and HT are marvellous examples to us all on here, your parents should be proud of the way you conduct yourselves, and not least your commitment to the highest standards of grammatical accuracy when debating matters on football fan websites.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Thankfully my shame was not about spelling, but that should not under play the scale of the grammatical crime that I committed. As everyone knows there is a profound difference between a similie and a metaphor, and by confusing these 2 figures of speech, any point I was trying to make was rendered entirely redundant as a consequence.

I have no doubt that the teachers in my school taught me this essential aspect of English language, and you are correct to say that my more proficient working class peers should not be insulted by my own very unique weakness. I take full responsibility for the error, it was no one else's fault, I am eternally sorry. I could not agree more with you that communicating coherently is essential in life, and all the more so in really important mediums such as a football fan website.

You and and HT are marvellous examples to us all on here, your parents should be proud of the way you conduct yourselves, and not least your commitment to the highest standards of grammatical accuracy when debating matters on football fan websites.

Get a room you two.

D

Deleted member 22389

Claiming working class roots as a reason one can't grasp spelling and grammar is at best a weak excuse and at worse an insult to true working class people who despite their backgrounds are still very able and proficient in their grammar.

The truth of the matter is that in this world, when making an argument or stating one's case a good grasp of grammar is important for one to be taken seriously. It's the very base of being credible.

Your avatar is a picture of Farage after his plane crash. It's up to you what you put up, but the bloke nearly lost his life. Just saying.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Very much this. And comments like his show his true contempt for the people he claims to represent.

I have offered a full apology for my grammatical shame, and whilst I pointed to a root cause of being working class from Moulsecoomb, your argument that my inability to recognise a similie from a metaphor would shame my working class peers is entirely fair. I can't wait to discuss this with my mates from Moulsecoomb when we are next down the pub, clearly I will need to convey the tale delicately I can imagine that with a few beers on board my admission to this kind of crime could be misinterpreted, I would not want to end up on the cobbles.

There is no one else to blame for this situation but myself, but most importantly it was your generosity of spirit that highlighted the error, and for that I thank you.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have offered a full apology for my grammatical shame, and whilst I pointed to a root cause of being working class from Moulsecoomb, your argument that my inability to recognise a similie from a metaphor would shame my working class peers is entirely fair. I can't wait to discuss this with my mates from Moulsecoomb when we are next down the pub, clearly I will need to convey the tale delicately I can imagine that with a few beers on board my admission to this kind of crime could be misinterpreted, I would not want to end up on the cobbles.

There is no one else to blame for this situation but myself, but most importantly it was your generosity of spirit that highlighted the error, and for that I thank you.

You're getting boring now.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Jeez, your blindness knows no bounds. You can call it a club, an agreement, a multilateral treaty, call it what ever you like. The reality is that commerce in the member countries HAS to adhere to the rules of the EU. Those companies can argue till they are blue in the face, but the law of their land is that they abide by the rules of the EU. That means trade tariffs, there is no room for discussion unless you believe that those in the 'club' will give preferential treatment to those outside of the club, and that is just cloud cuckoo land.

I have never called the EU a club because that is not how it works.

Sure being in the EU is legally binding, however the fact is we pay more in than other counties save Germany.

The whole world outside the EU trades with EU countries and non EU countries and they do fine. As far as tariffs are concerned we pay higher costs for goods from outside the EU now, so it is entirely possible for us to make trade deals with non EU countries where the existing EU tariff is removed to allow goods to be cheaper.

The EU applies tariffs to goods produced by non EU countries to protect its own producers, we would not have to manage the scale of that on our own. Simples.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here