Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dale may stay....

Big_Unit

Sep 5, 2011
Hove
Could you explain how his performances have indicated he's a bit "meh"? You must have been watching different games to me, in the ones i've watched (all of them minus Portman Road) he's been throwing his body around as frequently as last season. He also doesn't look particularly "meh" when we score goals, save penalties or the final whistle when we win games, or in the January window where he could have taken his "meh" to further engineer a move.

We simply disagree. I thought the bloke was an utter beast for most of last season. Less so this.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
That pass tho.

giphy.gif

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
You'd be looking at someone like Howson who would cost less, but command a higher wage. Having said that, he is looking to be Norwich's PotS so maybe i'm underestimating it.

But yes I agree with your point, it is certainly not economical to let Stephens go because of a signing on fee.

I think Norwich tied Johnny to a long term contract at the start of the year so they won't sell him.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Shelvey certainly made it look that way at the Amex.

Shelvey made every Albion midfielder look inferior for the last hour, as he has the rest of the division and many an opponent playing for LFC/Swansea/Newcastle. He's earned several caps for England.

That doesn't mean DS would fail as PL midfielder.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes but wasn't your point how only one or two of our players live in the city of our club? Hove is part of that surely.. it was in our name last I checked :shrug:

It might be a city in name, but I've never thought of Hove and Brighton as the same place #set in my ways.#oldfashioned.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
WRT the topic of the thread, I watched him closely last night and felt that he was his usual smart and classy self, but with a return to the edge and bite that he had before his 'head was turned'. Not completely back (as there were no nasty challenges - lol!). However, I smiled quietly to myself at waht I saw.

What fool would want to leave this set up to take one's chances elsewhere, probaly with little or no better pay increase than what we will offer? No, the only two things standing in the way of the full return to the fold is our actually guaranteeing promotion (just a metter of time) and his being able to face up to himself and accept that things have changed and we can move on and staying here is the best option.

So he'll be off to Palace, mark my words :shootself:lolol:

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
WRT the topic of the thread, I watched him closely last night and felt that he was his usual smart and classy self, but with a return to the edge and bite that he had before his 'head was turned'. Not completely back (as there were no nasty challenges - lol!). However, I smiled quietly to myself at waht I saw.

What fool would want to leave this set up to take one's chances elsewhere, probaly with little or no better pay increase than what we will offer? No, the only two things standing in the way of the full return to the fold is our actually guaranteeing promotion (just a metter of time) and his being able to face up to himself and accept that things have changed and we can move on and staying here is the best option.

So he'll be off to Palace, mark my words :shootself:lolol:

I still think Stephens will be playing for the PL team that offers him the best financial package (eg huge multi-million signing-on fee).

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I still think Stephens will be playing for the PL team that offers him the best financial package (eg huge multi-million signing-on fee).

Most fans seem to have always agreed about this. Let's hope it's us. If we let say Burnley win with a larger fee, we will then have to replace DS at huge expense, when our finite budget will be required to upgrade our squad in many other positions.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location

Yep, this will be the biggest contract of his career, i think that is exactly what it comes down to. I hope we are now able to offer that to him.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
With Barton's career effectively finished, Dean Marney probably not recovered from injury before Oct/Nov and Steven Defour out-of-favour and unsettled, I would guess that Sean Dyche's interest in signing Stephens will have increased rather than diminished.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
With Barton's career effectively finished, Dean Marney probably not recovered from injury before Oct/Nov and Steven Defour out-of-favour and unsettled, I would guess that Sean Dyche's interest in signing Stephens will have increased rather than diminished.

Then we'll need to offer a pound more than whatever Burnley offer Dale.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
The South Coast Riviera, the weather, the state of the art training ground, the 30,000 Amex Stadium, the schools etc........only money will take him back to Burnley.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The South Coast Riviera, the weather, the state of the art training ground, the 30,000 Amex Stadium, the schools etc........only money will take him back to Burnley.

I thought his other half was homesick though/missing chips and gravy?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here