Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Smoke alarms...

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Did you know that if you contact the fire brigade, they will fit you a fire alarm for free?

Not the most commonly known fact, but beats splashing out on a couple.

Isn't this a bit like calling an ambulance because you can't be bothered paying the car park fee?

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
Did you know that if you contact the fire brigade, they will fit you a fire alarm for free?

Not the most commonly known fact, but beats splashing out on a couple.

when installing security systems in peoples houses I always inform them of this and it seems that no body knows about it.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
I have one on the landing, one in the hall and a heat detector in the kitchen, all mains fed. Just had some building work done and to pass building regs had to replace all 3 bases with radio linked ones, i.e one goes off they all go off.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I have 5, all mains fed and linked.
They went off once, all of them about 4 am (don't know why) and it was like Defcon 1, all of us running about shouting "What the f..k ?"

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Isn't this a bit like calling an ambulance because you can't be bothered paying the car park fee?

Not at all. It's all about ensuring maximum safety by having working, tested alarms in the correct place(s) in your home.

Believe me, they would rather ensure your safety by installing these alarms, than run the risk of people using faulty, dangerous alarms in their homes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here