Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] CH Post match interviews

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Listening to CH after the game I thought that we were at different games as he said that the 4-0 score didnt reflect the game I thought that we were totally outplayed, as they were too quick and too skilfull for us to stand any chance and did well to keep it down to 4-0 . Just a different view I suppose.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
creepster.gif

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Listening to CH after the game I thought that we were at different games as he said that the 4-0 score didnt reflect the game I thought that we were totally outplayed, as they were too quick and too skilfull for us to stand any chance and did well to keep it down to 4-0 . Just a different view I suppose.

Watford need a new manager BG:thumbsup::wink:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bozza's turned on the algorithm to get more traffic though the site, during the quiet Sunday lunchtime period.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014

What game were you at BG? CH's thoughts were exactly mine as I left the stadium.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Listening to CH after the game I thought that we were at different games as he said that the 4-0 score didnt reflect the game
Nobody thought the score reflected the game. Chelsea played well for the first ten minutes and scored two clever goals, then we were the better team for the next hour, hit the post, forced a good save from Caballero and should have had two penalties and had other decent chances too. With fortune against us, we kept pushing and fell to another counter attack. They were too skillful for us, but that doesn't mean 4-0 was a fair reflection.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Nobody thought the score reflected the game. Chelsea played well for the first ten minutes and scored two clever goals, then we were the better team for the next hour, hit the post, forced a good save from Caballero and should have had two penalties and had other decent chances too. With fortune against us, we kept pushing and fell to another counter attack. They were too skillful for us, but that doesn't mean 4-0 was a fair reflection.

If it had finished 2-3, it wouldn't have been a surprise - I think we deserved to get something out of it, though we were outplayed at times and their goals were superb.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012

The game is all about opinions. But even Shearer and Lineker on MOTD said the score wasn’t a fair reflection of the game.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
They were a different class to us but we were right in the frame for about 50 mins after the second goal. could they have stepped it up if we had pulled a couple of goals back? Almost certainly but we gave a good account of ourselves for most of the game. What is important to me is that we still have spirit. Heads only dropped after the third goal.

Their first goal was world class btw, I am not pointing the finger at any Albion players. You would probably have to go to Barcelona to see the next goal of that quality.

I don’t bother with CH interviews, they are just plain dull and he’s never says anything very interesting.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
If it had finished 2-3, it wouldn't have been a surprise - I think we deserved to get something out of it, though we were outplayed at times and their goals were superb.

Exactly my thoughts on the game, we played better than we had for a long time. We need to play with that tempo all the time from now on. It was a good attacking performance from us and with a decent ref we might have got ourselves back into the game before we even consider their keepers cracking save from Hemed and Propper hitting the bar. We were undone by some brilliant attacking play, the second goal would have ripped any defence in the league apart.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Without question we deserved a goal in the period where we were 2 down. The game may have the changed and we might not have done as well, or Chelsea could have got nervous, we'll never know. But we certainly didn't deserve 0-4.

The game is all about opinions.
But sometimes statements veer away from opinion and towards total nonsense. You could say we deserved to win 10 nil, and it's just your opinion, but it would be wrong, we didn't.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Our whole season seems to be a tale of ifs, buts and maybes...When we all know we are where we are, because we haven't got someone who can put the ball in the back of the net.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Our whole season seems to be a tale of ifs, buts and maybes...When we all know we are where we are, because we haven't got someone who can put the ball in the back of the net.

Oh dear god, I'm going to have to give this a :thumbsup:

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven

I'm afraid Hughton is talking out of his derrier on this one.

The game was done & dusted after just 6 minutes, Albion being caught cold twice.

True there should have been a 100% stonewall penalty for the 1st claim after a clear foul by the Keeper, but other than that, I don't know what he;'s taking about, both sides hit the woodwork once.

I'd have thought the 1-5 v Liverpool didn't reflect the game more, as 2 of their goals came late on as we went chasing it.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

I think, not for the first time, you are totally and utterly wrong. We were good for a point and 0-4 was very, very flattering. At 0-2 if we had got one of the two pens the game changes. Their second goal was one of the best I have seen in the Prem and Hazzard is total quality, he's up there with Messi and Ronaldo. But we hit the bar, we missed some good chances, it was not a 0-4.

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
I think the match showed why Chelsea are ex-champions and won’t win the league this year. Yes they have some talented players but they allow teams too many chances. Ditto Liverpool. If we can create a hatful or chances against them then better teams will do too. The difference being, of course, that those teams will score....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here