Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Katie Hopkins' view of London

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
She is the ultimate Troll*. The more we elevate her pathetic views, the more money she makes. Ignore her.

*maybe just behind Donald.

Well, given her recent 6 figure loss to Jack Monroe I'm happy to encourage her. A few more loose Tweets and she'll be bankrupt.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Piers Morgan simply likes the sound of his own voice. Hopkins deliberately and calculating stirs up shit. Quite different.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
She should stick to stealing other women's husbands, something she does rather well, apparently.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Never understood why anyone gives a Flying Intercourse what she thinks...

She was just a failed applicant on "The Apprentice".

Maybe we should listen because her father wasn't a Bus driver? :shrug:

She knows that she makes money by being controversial. Give her and Piers Morgan a knife each and throw them into a pit and let them fight to the death. Murdoch could put in on Pay Per View.

Be even better if we could throw Murdoch in the pit as well followed by a very angry honey badger.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I can't stand her, she is a total waste of oxygen. However she does have a minor point in there of the name calling and lack of discussion when faced with differing opinions.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
She is just giving her Daily Mail audience exactly what they wish to hear. I find it very difficult to agree with her opinion about anything but fortunately I don't buy the Daily Hate so am not confronted with her bile.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Piers Morgan simply likes the sound of his own voice. Hopkins deliberately and calculating stirs up shit. Quite different.
I don't know - I think Morgan is pretty unpleasant as well. When I read [MENTION=23795]Hugo Rune[/MENTION]'s post earlier in the thread regarding Hopkins, he was the first person I thought of that it could also apply to.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
In my view John Harris nails the whole alt-right response (in which Hopkins plays a starring role):

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/mar/24/britain-alt-right-populists

I know many will not want to read anything in the Guardian so here are a few key extracts:

Figureheads of the so-called alt-right... dispense messages that chime perfectly with the intentions of the killers...They want rage, uncontrollable tension and intimations of the apocalypse to begin to embed in the societies they seek to attack. And the people who brought us a thousand verbose radio spots and newspaper columns are only too happy to oblige.

How strange that this hysterical, hyperventilating strain of politics emerged from the belly of English Conservatism...(which) has tended to be an essentially stoic, phlegmatic creed, usually at pains to insist that if Hitler failed to break the British spirit, nothing else will. But its ******* offspring are something else again: people seemingly both frightened and irate, whose every hour is spent warning of the imminent breakdown of civilisation, thanks to the forces let loose by liberalism, and the failure of too many people to stand in the way.

I point all this out not so much as an outraged leftie, but someone who has a love of their country just as strong as the patriotism these people bang on about, but who perhaps understands a little better that Britain – or, in this case, England – is not really the country they think it is. On this score, I would suggest they stop shouting for a minute, and go and read Orwell’s The Lion and the Unicorn: as concise a portrait of the often unlikely gentleness that still informs most British people’s view of the world as anyone has ever penned, light years from the kind of eternally angry, unhinged sensibility now being sold to whoever will buy – Fox, Breitbart, Trump and his circle – as an authentic version of our modern national character.

None of this, incidentally, is intended to suggest that what happened on Wednesday, or on 7 July 2005, or any of the cases in which the security services have frustrated terror plots, are not frightening beyond words, or that Islamist extremism is not an evil that has to be confronted, again and again...but the actions of a lone murderer do not say anything about religious communities that comprise millions of people; whatever its tensions, Britain is really not a hair’s breadth away from some giant social meltdown.

Perhaps the most comical thing about these commodity-trading, insurance-selling, Trump-loving populists is how little time they spend complaining about the elements of our national life that really do threaten society’s basic functioning: their country’s appalling shortage of housing, its inhumane benefits system, its often shabby and unreliable public transport, or a system of care for elderly people that is failing fast. Such, perhaps, are subjects that will always be ignored by the kind of people who, as the comedian Stewart Lee said of Jeremy Clarkson, have outrageous, politically incorrect opinions for money. Crass nonsense brings in the fees; serious politics is always someone else’s burden.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It is Hopkins' skewed views that have helped contribute to Brexit and the rise in hate crime.

What is her problem with immigrants? They're here because we don't have enough indigenous people of working age to deliver the services we require, ergo 1.2 million unemployed but 3 million EU immigrants.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don't know - I think Morgan is pretty unpleasant as well. When I read [MENTION=23795]Hugo Rune[/MENTION]'s post earlier in the thread regarding Hopkins, he was the first person I thought of that it could also apply to.

True. But whilst he says the odd thing by and large he's just a fog horn imho.

Jesus, can't believe I'm debating who's the least while of Hopkins and Morgan. Happy Friday! :smile:

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
we have a term to describe sink estates: sink estates. why use a evocative term that means something else? estates aren't a single ethnicity (even if one dominates in some) and the other distinction, in London at least, is that the next street along from the sink estate could be affluent middle class terraces and townhouses. we dont really have the ghetto as defined elsewhere.

I always thought that 'sink estate' refers to housing areas where you see numerous houses with white goods in the front garden, sinks, washing machines, fridges etc. :shrug:

As for the article, it reads like it was written by a teenager who's just found a thesaurus. Absolute drivel.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Most people seem to be unaware of how similar the ideals of Islamic fundamentalists and far-right people are. Both groups are full of loathing, and both groups share huge amounts of intolerance towards others. Both groups are authoritarian and want a crackdown on [insert gripe here]. Both groups use propaganda extensively to try and get across their ignorant messages to the easily deluded in society. Both groups resort to violence when they don't get their own way.

To me they are one and the same. Tell Katie Hopkins that her perspective on life is similar in many ways to those of the extremist fanatics...she would doubtless discombobulate.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
Most people seem to be unaware of how similar the ideals of Islamic fundamentalists and far-right people are. Both groups are full of loathing, and both groups share huge amounts of intolerance towards others. Both groups are authoritarian and want a crackdown on [insert gripe here]. Both groups use propaganda extensively to try and get across their ignorant messages to the easily deluded in society. Both groups resort to violence when they don't get their own way.

To me they are one and the same. Tell Katie Hopkins that her perspective on life is similar in many ways to those of the extremist fanatics...she would doubtless discombobulate.

I agree and you can chuck in the extreme left too while you are at it.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
She is a c....
For the record the term ghetto originated from a Jewish area of Venice .......carnaggio I think. It meant any area where the minority race of that city lived.
Not sure why its meaning originated into a rough or slum area. I blame Elvis Presley.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

The far right and Islamic fundamentalists are indeed different sides of the same coin, fascism for the modern day.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Beat me too it. I was wondering when someone would mention it lol.

How long did you have to wait before spotting something that would let you jump in and undermine the mojo? I admire your patience. So, your views on the rest of the comments about the Hopkins?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
She is a c....
For the record the term ghetto originated from a Jewish area of Venice .......carnaggio I think. It meant any area where the minority race of that city lived.
Not sure why its meaning originated into a rough or slum area. I blame Elvis Presley.

Yes, almost. It was FORCED to live. Nobody* forces anyone to live anywhere in London. There are therefore no ghettos.

*Market forces and affordability of housing doesn't count. Although, perhaps some (tory) councils relocating their homeless oop north does count as ghettoisation....

Hats off to the Hopkins for generating an internet thread, where 99% of people agree (that she's a c unt) and 1% wait on the sidelines to throw their solied inderwear at the forst person to mention Brexit. FFS. And chuckle among themselves about getting one over the snowflakes. Again.

The woman is a genius.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here