Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Danny Ward?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Out of contract like Dale I believe, at the end of the season.
If that's true, I'd expect them to take the best offer they can from someone at the end of the window. It's one thing turning down £7m for Stephens when you're pushing for promotion, but they're getting relegated anyway, so why waste the money.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Thought he was impressive when he played for Huddersfield. Basically, a left winger in the Skalak style, but a much better crosser of the ball (his strength).
Your saying he's a much better crosser of the ball than Skalak? I find that hard to believe.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Your saying he's a much better crosser of the ball than Skalak? I find that hard to believe.

Better than Conway (Blackburn) as well. But he is rather slow for a winger by PL standards ?? I like the player but maybe we have moved ahead now. I shortlisted him as a player to watch when he was playing for Huddersfield a few seasons ago. We should have signed him back then.

I would like to sign a speed merchant, but I don't know of one who is fit.

I wonder who Kris Commons will go to? Back to Hibs?

In the absence of other strikers, I would have been reluctant to let Manu and Lualua go, but if they were unsettled I don't know if we had much choice? Neither of them seemed ot have the Nugent nous to do the right thing.

For a speed merchant I shortlisted Jérémy Hélan. But he would probably turn out to be another Manu or even an Obika.

Last edited:

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
Better than Conway (Blackburn) as well. But he is rather slow for a winger by PL standards ?? I like the player but maybe we have moved ahead now. I shortlisted him as a player to watch when he was playing for Huddersfield a few seasons ago. We should have signed him back then.

I would like to sign a speed merchant, but I don't know of one who is fit.

I wonder who Kris Commons will go to? Back to Hibs?

In the absence of other strikers, I would have been reluctant to let Manu and Lualua go, but if they were unsettled I don't know if we had much choice? Neither of them seemed ot have the Nugent nous to do the right thing.

For a speed merchant I shortlisted Jérémy Hélan. But he would probably turn out to be another Manu or even an Obika.

Hélan? He's retired now to concentrate on religion

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Hélan? He's retired now to concentrate on religion

I met a footballer who retired early to go commercial fishing. Better than playing for Bristol Rovers. He said football was too hard and went fishing for crabs off Alaska, one of the hardest and dangerous jobs in the world. And cold too.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I met a footballer who retired early to go commercial fishing. Better than playing for Bristol Rovers. He said football was too hard and went fishing for crabs off Alaska, one of the hardest and dangerous jobs in the world. And cold too.

You are closing in fast on HB&B and Pretty pink fairy as my favourite comedy account :thumbsup:

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
You are closing in fast on HB&B and Pretty pink fairy as my favourite comedy account :thumbsup:

Yep, along with ROTR, their unwitting humour sets them apart.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I met a footballer who retired early to go commercial fishing. Better than playing for Bristol Rovers. He said football was too hard and went fishing for crabs off Alaska, one of the hardest and dangerous jobs in the world.
Did his decision come after you'd imparted your football wisdom?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here