Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Premier League

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Why?

But yes I agree - the Premiership is so, so boring. Sky calling monday nights game "Red Monday" is tragic.

2 bang average teams.

Spurs have 3 reasons to hate in my little black back of grudges to take to the grave:
1) Bully in my year at Varndean was a Spurs fan
2) Keith Burkenshaw quote ' We should always beat teams like Brighton'.
3) Stitched up result between Saints and Spurs to make sure they both went up to top division at our expense.

Sorry, did you want something more rational?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Is it just me? I just don't care anymore. I used to love watching some teams lose like Man U with their plastic fans, Chelsea when I wanted Mourinho to suffer, Spurs who I have always hated. Last year was a bit of fun with the old guard upset by Leicester. This season it's the same old guard at the top, a few clubs to whom I'm indifferent, and a bunch of clubs like Burnley, Hull etc who were boring clubs in the Championship. Yes, if they are there, I'm reminded now that we should be too - but we aren't. Fortunately, there are more interesting clubs in the Championship. I can't remember the last time I watched a Champions League match and don't even know what channel they are on. I have Sky, but can't see any reason to pay for Sky Sports. Incredibly expensive, although Sky send me special offers which they then tell me I can't have as I have another general Sky deal already. After 5 decades watching the top league and the Champions League, I just have no interest in them at all. Oh, and don't get me started on England! Because I can't be arsed with them either. Fortunately, I still have my beloved Albion and at least the Championship has interesting clubs, managers and football.
Nope, not just you. I've very little interest in professional* football beyond the Albion.

* Watching the Jnr Bobkins play is great fun and more enjoyable than the Premier League to me.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Spurs have 3 reasons to hate in my little black back of grudges to take to the grave:
1) Bully in my year at Varndean was a Spurs fan
2) Keith Burkenshaw quote ' We should always beat teams like Brighton'.
3) Stitched up result between Saints and Spurs to make sure they both went up to top division at our expense.

Sorry, did you want something more rational?

You got bullied by a Spurs fan? You should've told the teacher.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
the build up to tomorrow's Red Monday...........how many Scousers/Mancunians will be on the itch or in the dugouts ?

I'm not sure I understand this point. Or whether that's just a general question?

Keith the Kipper

Feb 27, 2010
Worthing
I agree there is a lot of dross games but this season could see one of the best contested premiership title races . With United , City , Liverpool , Arsenal , Spurs and Chelsea all so closely matched it should be very interesting . It is a division of stark contrasts and the top third seem so far ahead . However I still feel sorry for the fans of them all as they are not lucky enough to support the mighty Albion !!!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Is it just me? I just don't care anymore. I used to love watching some teams lose like Man U with their plastic fans, Chelsea when I wanted Mourinho to suffer, Spurs who I have always hated. Last year was a bit of fun with the old guard upset by Leicester. This season it's the same old guard at the top, a few clubs to whom I'm indifferent, and a bunch of clubs like Burnley, Hull etc who were boring clubs in the Championship. Yes, if they are there, I'm reminded now that we should be too - but we aren't. Fortunately, there are more interesting clubs in the Championship. I can't remember the last time I watched a Champions League match and don't even know what channel they are on. I have Sky, but can't see any reason to pay for Sky Sports. Incredibly expensive, although Sky send me special offers which they then tell me I can't have as I have another general Sky deal already. After 5 decades watching the top league and the Champions League, I just have no interest in them at all. Oh, and don't get me started on England! Because I can't be arsed with them either. Fortunately, I still have my beloved Albion and at least the Championship has interesting clubs, managers and football.

I think that this is common amongst fans of Championship Clubs and there are a few reasons I think this is true.

1. Players in the teams change so frequently because players change clubs so frequently that we don't get time to identify with them hence no time to get to like them

2. We are quite envious of the Wealth up there and the way to deal with that is to ostracise ourselves from it

3. When we don't want teams to win we are usually compensated by the fact that we dislike someone or a team so much that we support the other by default. Nowadays there are not enough Characters at the clubs for us to dislike. Indeed half the players playing there we don't even know which country they are originally hail from.

4. The Championship is getting a bit more TV Coverage so our football appetite is for the most part satisfied by that

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

I don't think I could ever tire of watching Manchester United lose.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I watched the Middlesbrough Watford game. Jeez, what a shitfest. I thought I'd got over the Middlesbrough result last season but watching them play the dullest, least incisive brand of football possible with Ramirez being a bell end gave me a serious dose of what ifs. Surely we would have offered the premier league something more than that?

However Man Utd losing and not being good enough for a title challenge is a continuing source of joy. I have a mate who's a plastic manc and his reactions to the last few seasons and his bewilderment at his sense of self entitlement being smashed is wonderful to see.

D

Deleted member 22389

The only real interest I have in us getting to the Prem is to refill TB's coffers. I'd be quite happy for us to be skinflints like Burnley if it meant him getting a large chunk of his money back.

I also wonder how long he can and/or will be prepared to bankroll what I expect to be increasing (financial) losses in The Championship. The alternatives could be horrid

If we can make it, stay there and with proper planning tb will get his money back and more. I was watching nfl on sky sports mix yesterday, then decided to look at how much some of them are paid. We think premier league players are overpaid, some of the to nfl players sign contracts for about 90 million dollars.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
The REAL tragedy of course is that, while there's so many dreary nothing clubs in the Premier League being paid ridiculous sums just to make up the numbers, the Albion seem incapable of joining them. Tony Bloom must be going privately head-mental in frustration.

Especially when we f**k it up against teams like Preston! It could be a long time before Tony sees a decent return on his investment! :tantrum:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Especially when we f**k it up against teams like Preston! It could be a long time before Tony sees a decent return on his investment! :tantrum:

Tony will never see a decent return on his investment.............but that was never the reason he put money into the club in the first place.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Each to their own I suppose but I've found the last 12-18months of prem football the most entertaining for quite some time.

We've just come off the back of probably the biggest sporting miracle of all time (I'm sure many will argue this for decades to come). A truly remarkable season.

And this year, I would say there were/are six GENUINE title challengers and that's not including last years champions. The huge amounts of money have actually levelled the playing field in the top level with people like Palace able to buy a quality £30m striker.

There will always be games that don't excite. That's always going to happen. But as a league the majority of games are competitive and the competition at the top and bottom is very tight.

I love it. I totally get the cynicism though. I certainly don't watch as much football as before but that's just because I like to do other stuff with my weekends.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
My son will watch pretty much any football / cricket etc but even he wasn't bothered about the bore fest of "Super Sunday" yesterday. We did a load of fielding practice in the back garden instead which was much more fun.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton

Havent watched a premier league game on tv for years, same for FA cup and Champions league, one don't have sky sports and two don't have the time or the inclination. I occasionally watch MOTD but only if there is a really good game on or palace have got a tonking...

I guess if Brighton get promoted I would be more interested.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
When I'm not at the Albion I usually watch the rugby union on TV - when it's head to head football vs. rugby the rugby wins 9 times out of 10.

I'm sick of the diving, cheating, whingeing, timewasting and ref-baiting that goes on in the Prem. I see Mourinho's at it again about tonight's ref and I find that a real turn-off - if I was going to watch it I probably won't bother now.

I just prefer the simplicity of a well-officiated, honest, full-on sporting rugby contest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here