Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray's back

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
I love the way CH talks.

He allows everyone on NSC to think CH agrees with their opinion, irrespective of how different they are.

Just get used to the fact CH is far to savvy to do anything other than cover all the bases.
They'll be no toy throwing hissy fits or downhearted shrugs from Mr Hughton.

Absolutely this. He exudes common-sense and not saying anything stupid. He is measured and considered in everything he says, which I think is a very good thing.

And if anyone out there is wishing there was more "passion" around, I can't help but feel that there is a steely determination under there somewhere which is equally if not more effective. he seems to be good at bringing the best out of what he has got.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
We have 4 major risk factors that makes signing a striker on loan a good idea:

1. Wilson availability. fitness record/recall
2. Baldock's fitness record is poor
3. Zamora has a poor fitness record and struggles with 90mins and more than weekly game frequency.
4. Playing two upfront with only one reliable player (fitness wise) of four strikers seems risky.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Murray did the business for palace but has been hit and miss throughout his career. Didn't do much at Reading, was inconsistent with us. Right now, Hemed is getting it together

Hit and miss throughout his career yet his league career average is a goal every 2.6 games. That is a pretty decent strike rate. I wouldn't say he was massively inconsistent with us his average was a goal every 2.2 games. It was helped by his final season where he got 22 goals in 42 games but even taking away that season his strike rate was a goal every 2.45 games. His record at Reading was 8 in 18 coming back from a major knee injury.

Any striker that can boast a record like that is not hit and miss, especially considering Murray has played at pretty much every level and scored goals.

If he's available and wants to come to us then its a no-brainer, there won't be many better, if any, options in the loan window and an extra option up front is always going to be useful, especially when we could see Wilson recalled at any moment.

Last edited:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

3. Zamora has a poor fitness record and struggles with 90mins and more than weekly game frequency.
4. Playing two upfront with only one reliable player (fitness wise) of four strikers seems risky.

Agreed. I still think Murray or another striker is needed for the above reasons.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Hemed also never lasts 90 mins

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Hit and miss throughout his career yet his league career average is a goal every 2.6 games. That is a pretty decent strike rate. I wouldn't say he was massively inconsistent with us his average was a goal every 2.2 games. It was helped by his final season where he got 22 goals in 42 games but even taking away that season his strike rate was a goal every 2.45 games. His record at Reading was 8 in 18 coming back from a major knee injury.

Any striker that can boast a record like that is not hit and miss, especially considering Murray has played at pretty much every level and scored goals.

If he's available and wants to come to us then its a no-brainer, there won't be many better, if any, options in the loan window and an extra option up front is always going to be useful, especially when we could see Wilson recalled at any moment.

There's a difference between average goals per game and consistency.

You could have a goal record that reads (to keep the maths simple): 3 0 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 4 that's a fantastic average of a goal every other game, but you've failed to score in 70% of the games you've played. Great average, poor consistency.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Naylor saying Smug Eddie is still not allowing this deal.

I imagine it's all about the cash.

tonyt

Feb 23, 2009
I don't think we should have him back until he explains what his goal celebration was about when he was last here.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
If Murray signs then it will be tommorrow !
Hope he does but just don't see myself.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
What a waste of time reading this thread has been.

1: Murray's Back.
2: Oh no he's not.
3: We want Murray/We don't want Murray
4: Eddie won't let Murray go.
5: And repeat.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
He spends too much time playing tennis for my liking..... and being a professional Scot.

But Glenn would be a different matter. If it does happen, I would be very happy. If not, it's not the end of the world.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
See, you love this thread really :)

Ha. This one is actually quite humorous, you're right.

Howe's comments today do suggest that the tweet that begun this was the usual twitter bullshit [MENTION=12101]Mellotron[/MENTION].

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here