Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL 2015 NFL Thread

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
People have been saying that for five years. All NFL sides could be a decent side in 2 drafts time, next year will show if they are moving in the right direction (which I suspect they are, finally.)

Last season was supposed to be Bradley implementing his style with this year being where results turn around. The defence was vastly improved last season, with a solid draft we could be on course.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Eagles reportedly interested in Griffiths III

Is suh to Dolphins def on?

Griffiths or Griffin? Where did you hear that? Loads of crazy talk flying around at the moment, including the Skins being interested in Mariota, although this could be a smokescreen to persuade someone to trade or get the Titans to take him leaving Leonard Williams at #5.

My head is spinning with all this stuff. It's brilliant! Got to love the NFL, good fun even when they aren't playing.

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Griffiths or Griffin? Where did you hear that? Loads of crazy talk flying around at the moment, including the Skins being interested in Mariota, although this could be a smokescreen to persuade someone to trade or get the Titans to take him leaving Leonard Williams at #5.

My head is spinning with all this stuff. It's brilliant! Got to love the NFL, good fun even when they aren't playing.

Griffin!! Lol it came from a very good and reliable blogger in philly who usually has his ear to the ground and rarely wrong! Di marco Murray is also linked with Eagles!!

Agree with others this is a different level to transfer deadline day! Lol

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Griffin!! Lol it came from a very good and reliable blogger in philly who usually has his ear to the ground and rarely wrong! Di marco Murray is also linked with Eagles!!

Agree with others this is a different level to transfer deadline day! Lol

OK. That is interesting. Who knows what Chip kelly is thinking these days? That would lend credence to the Redskins alleged interest in Mariota. Smokescreens going up everywhere.

Murray to the eagles I can definitely see happening unless he his happy to collect a bumper pay packet in Jacksonville or Oakland.

Just waiting for twitter to blow up again as the east coast awakens, could be a fun day.

I think the Suh deal will happen, Dolphins just cut Starks freeing up another $5million in cap space. Looks like they are just tweaking the numbers.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
OK. That is interesting. Who knows what Chip kelly is thinking these days? That would lend credence to the Redskins alleged interest in Mariota. Smokescreens going up everywhere.

Murray to the eagles I can definitely see happening unless he his happy to collect a bumper pay packet in Jacksonville or Oakland.

Just waiting for twitter to blow up again as the east coast awakens, could be a fun day.

I think the Suh deal will happen, Dolphins just cut Starks freeing up another $5million in cap space. Looks like they are just tweaking the numbers.

Seems like Kelly is going all in and doing it his way. Surely Mariota is just RGIII lite (albeit with a more amenable personality)? I think I'd prefer to keep RGIII and see how he does, before properly looking for a replacement next year, if necessary.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
As a Packers fan, I haven't got over last year enough yet to have any enthusiasm for the upcoming season!

#howthehelldidwelosethatgame?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Thankfully missed listening to most of the last Redskins season but still not expecting great things this time around :)

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Seems like Kelly is going all in and doing it his way. Surely Mariota is just RGIII lite (albeit with a more amenable personality)? I think I'd prefer to keep RGIII and see how he does, before properly looking for a replacement next year, if necessary.

As a Ducks fan I love Mariota. He is a very quick learner, and given the weakness in the O-line his quick release would certainly come in handy for the Redskins, so I can just about see a rationale for this. However given that there are so many line and secondary problems with the Skins I cannot see them going high on a QB.

It really depends on Gruden and the new GM to decide whether they REALLY see a future for Griffin. Capwise Mariota would give them another four years of a cheap QB allowing the big money to sort out the O-Line, Secondary and D-Line. I figure I could talk myself into this if I really wanted too . However I think it is unlikely to happen. Tennessee have golden ticket in this draft and no-one is really talking about them too much, for now at least. If they pass on MM then things do get very interesting indeed.

As for Kelly, well he is certainly putting his onions on the table this offseason, he'll either be hailed as a genius or fired.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Mr Tony will be interesting this week.

He's been slamming 'current' head coach Jay Gruden for a little while now.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Interesting on Mariota, thanks.

For what it's worth I think RGIII is finished in Washington, much as I'd love that to be untrue. And yes, I too agree with [MENTION=13288]brakespear[/MENTION], unfortunately.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Interesting on Mariota, thanks.

For what it's worth I think RGIII is finished in Washington, much as I'd love that to be untrue. And yes, I too agree with [MENTION=13288]brakespear[/MENTION], unfortunately.
You would have to wonder about the Skins if they draft Mariota.

He'll get killed just like Bobby 3 sticks because the rest of the team are so poor.

As [MENTION=12880]Hotchilidog[/MENTION] says they need a steady-eddy QB for the next x amount of years while the rest of the team is strengthened.
Then they'll be ready to slot 2019's version of Mariota into the jigsaw.

If I were Mariota I'd run like hell from the Skins.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Revis to the Jets,

Local tabloids saying Revis is on a $70M deal for 5 years with the Jets two years after they traded him to the Bucs. Jets owner Woody Johnson outbid the Pats for Revis , who is one of the best Corner Backs in the NFL, even if they still don’t have a QB. Revis was always a bit of a mercenary – but he always chases the money so he’s coming home to NYC.

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
@SkySportsNFL: Randy Starks released by the Miami Dolphins, clearing the way for signing Ndamukong Suh

Looks like the move is going to happen

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
The Texans without Andre Johnson around will seem very strange.

But no-one in Houston would begrudge him the chance to go and win something.

Hopefully at the Seahawks rather than catching passes from either Brady, Luck or Manning in the AFC.

Rumours that JJ Watt has been seen throwing footballs as it's the only way he's ever going to win MVP/MVQB are currently unconfirmed...

Incidentally, does anyone know if there are any more former back-ups to Tom Brady that Houston can sign? I still don't feel that we've got enough.

anygivensunday

Jul 5, 2012
Singapore
Suh confirmed as a dolphin. 6 years, $144 million, with 60 million guaranteed! Suh: 'money was the most important decision'

Shame about Locker, I liked him-showed flashes of potential, just made of glass. Rumours of him attempting a baseball career.

As a neutral, watching the chip kelly experience in philly is highly entertaining. Seems to think no players are bigger than his system. Their fans are in meltdown mode.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here