Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
Definitely not 100% fit. He looked frustrated at not being able to get involved as he would want to. His worst game for us today but not sure all his fault.

Shoreham Gull

Nov 3, 2012
Westdene
One bad game, he's not 100% fit that's all...

Don't pick on him because Barnes is not he to pick on anymore, he's scored amazing goals for us and last season we probably wouldn't of made playoffs without this guy!!

I feeling glad ulloa!,

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Of course the guys unfit he's just had metal put in his foot! Also i would imagine the frustration he showed at the end was probably direct at himself. Class player mind, will be back to best in a month and half for me.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Guns out to Starboard Sir!
Target in range..
Stand by to open fire...
The Target has been transferred to Burnley sir!
Shift target,shift target from 9 to 19...

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I must have been watching a different game. His hold up play and distribution was great. After he went off we were on the back foot, the ball was hardly in the oppositions half. The threat had gone. He is class, the man is class.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Struggled badly today but probably lacks fitness.

Oscar said on the radio that he is coming back from a serious injury and hasn't had the luxury of being eased in over Xmas. Clearly he's not fit yet and I imagine was frustrated at being replaced because he knows that when fully fit he is five times the player we saw in the last couple of games.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Oscar said on the radio that he is coming back from a serious injury and hasn't had the luxury of being eased in over Xmas. Clearly he's not fit yet and I imagine was frustrated at being replaced because he knows that when fully fit he is five times the player we saw in the last couple of games.

He probably is frustrated, but he has been poor the last 2 games, and it's nice to see that we actually can give a loaner a turn for a change.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Obviously not fit since returning from injury and a little off the pace.My feeling is that it was just an isolated blip. I only hope that the sulky slope off the pitch was indicative of frustration with himself rather than a hint of a bad attitude.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Very good performance from the team today, playing with ten men for 60 minutes.
Seriously over rated by most, not the first game he looked very poor.

Lazy, Uninterested and no pace

10k a week id happily stand in the box with my arms aloft, awaiting the perfect ball so i can finish (cant doubt that part of his game)

Sell him to Sunderland 5 million, well strengthen in several areas (Barnes) and put a bit towards FFP.

WIN WIN WIN

Agree and hate to admit it but massive attitude when he came off today. Can take this one way or another

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
I can't help but feel from all the stupid comments I am reading at the moment that Ulloa could potentially be our marmite player if people are this thick and delusional about a player's overall ability on the basis of one ****ing game :facepalm:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Ulloa played very badly against Wednesday as well.

I think we play too many balls to him with his back to the goal. This is bit like the percentage/long ball game. It would not be so bad if he had a partner to lay the ball of to.

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
he doesnt look fit to me

Ulloa played very badly against Wednesday as well.

I think we play too many balls to him with his back to the goal. This is bit like the percentage/long ball game. It would not be so bad if he had a partner to lay the ball of to.

God did he play badly in the game against Wednesday too? Bloody hell why wasn't this very serious issue raised then? We could have avoided a player having another bad game months later.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Ulloa is undoubtedly our best striker, and yes today was just one particularly bad game. I'm not sure he's fit tbh, he has the turning circle and change of pace of a cross channel ferry at the moment. BUT, I do find it strange that he is more or less excused for some absolutely woeful misses this season, the sort that Barnes or CMS would be vilified for. The OP is a bit over the top but at its core is a valid point, he was dreadful today and if Barnes had led the line as poorly as Ulloa did today, he would've been booed off and there's be a 7 page thread suggesting he redeploy himself in the Conference. He shouldn't be immune to (fair) criticism.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Our crossing yesterday was poor and to be fair to Birmingham they limited us to long range efforts which hampered Leo's involvement. Need to get Conway signed up and pinging balls into the box

greenfordgull

Feb 2, 2009
He clearly was not fly fit today, he has never been quick but his lack of shstpness was evident on the rare occasions he was asked to chase a ball (he was still quicker than zigic though!). His link up play with his back to goal was missed still after his substitution, and was part of the reason we defended so deeply at the end.

There is good reason to think think there are 10 more league goals this season. Don't panic!

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
He was weak in front of goal, and was very slow, but when he came off we lost control of the game as it was his hold up play that was giving us the control from balls being cleared from defence. Whether or not his replacement will be a clinical finisher at this level, he showed no signs of being a lone striker who can hold the ball, so not a replacement for Leo or Ash.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here