Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt Close to Signing for Sunderland? (Sky Sports News)

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
If true, it beggars belief. Do we really have to let Bridcutt go for the paltry initial sum of £2.5M? I thought we were no longer a selling club? Very, very disappointed by this news if it turns out to be fact. £5M up front or Gus can take a run and jump.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Funded by the possible 5m purchase of Connor Wickham by Forest. This would have to be the biggest **** off to the FFP rules yet. Astonishing if true.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
Would much prefer if we got £3million guaranteed cash up front.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I hope we keep Buckley.

Liam Bridcutt departure makes the selection for Birmingham a bit easier as he does not have to drop him now.

The transfer fee has to take into account that Liam was out of contract in the summer. I we have done OK and we should be looking for better players now like Agustien and Ince, with Andrews a sound enough more versatile alternative.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The transfer fee has to take into account that Liam was out of contract in the summer we have done OK

£2.5m up front is peanuts in the grand scheme of things, absolutely nothing to a Premiership club, no matter how bad their finances, and losing a player of his quality for that paltry sum is quite sickening really, regardless of 'add ons' and all that bullshit. It's almost as though we're still a lower league club playing at Withdean and getting screwed for players like Bennett and Crofts.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I hope we keep Buckley.

Liam Bridcutt departure makes the selection for Birmingham a bit easier as he does not have to drop him now.

The transfer fee has to take into account that Liam was out of contract in the summer. I we have done OK and we should be looking for better players now like Agustien and Ince, with Andrews a sound enough more versatile alternative.

''was out of contract''...is out of contract? i didn't think his expired this summer...correct me anyone if wrong

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
My scenario also included:

"There will be very high expectations of him from the fans, Short, Di Fanti and the rest of the Sunderland squad as he would be a "Gus signing". There would be nowhere for him or Gus to hide and he has to live up to that Golden Child reputation Gus has put on him. Both their futures will be put under extremely close scrutiny."

Are you suggesting Liam has no ambition? That its easier to stay in the champ with no pressure? Doubt it myself. In many ways its easier at Sunderland as gus knows how to play Liam, where to get best out of him - and a player like him is key to gus's style.

Anyway, if he was good enough to be overwhelming player of the season at a club that finished just four places behind where Sunderland are now, I think he'll be just fine

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Are you suggesting Liam has no ambition? That its easier to stay in the champ with no pressure? Doubt it myself. In many ways its easier at Sunderland as gus knows how to play Liam, where to get best out of him - and a player like him is key to gus's style.

Anyway, if he was good enough to be overwhelming player of the season at a club that finished just four places behind where Sunderland are now, I think he'll be just fine
Playing against championship opposition, hardly the same.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
2.5 million is a very poor price for us unless our blokes up top have already got players lined up at bargain prices ( highly unlikely)......bridcutt has to be worth 4 million , i would have said 5.5 for him and buckley , job lot would have been great business for us, buckleys continual hamstring problems are a big negative ....!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
£2.5m up front is peanuts in the grand scheme of things, absolutely nothing to a Premiership club, no matter how bad their finances, and losing a player of his quality for that paltry sum is quite sickening really, regardless of 'add ons' and all that bullshit. It's almost as though we're still a lower league club playing at Withdean and getting screwed for players like Bennett and Crofts.

Have a word with David Burke.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here