Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Any BHAFC pubs in London?

the

Jul 25, 2018
London
Hey Folks,

I'm moving to the UK (London) in October, and sports packages seem very expensive, so I was thinking of watching the games at a pub. Are there any pubs that are dedicated to BHAFC which are gauranteed to show every game?

Last edited:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Brighton Albion Hove Football Club? Nope never heard of it.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
BAHFC?

There’s a few pubs in the smoke where Brighton association runs deepish. Market Porter at Borough always has Harvey’s on pump and loads of Albion If we’re in town.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Twice? Once is a typo, twice is shirley conscious?

No pub anywhere in the UK is guaranteed to show every BHAFC game, simply because not every BHAFC game is on broadcast TV in the UK. Lots of pubs in Brighton are guaranteed to show every game that is broadcast (and is only 3 hours on a good day by train from London), but I doubt there's a single pub in London that is guaranteed to show every Brighton game (could be wrong on this last point)...

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Sports Bar off Piccadilly seems to be the choice of most.

I had the misfortune to meet a few of unsavoury NSC members in there. Right
wangers they were :) But we've become firm friends since.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Twice? Once is a typo, twice is shirley conscious?

No pub anywhere in the UK is guaranteed to show every BHAFC game, simply because not every BHAFC game is on broadcast TV in the UK. Lots of pubs in Brighton are guaranteed to show every game that is broadcast (and is only 3 hours on a good day by train from London), but I doubt there's a single pub in London that is guaranteed to show every Brighton game (could be wrong on this last point)...

"3 hours on a good day by train from London"??? I know GTR aren't the best railway company but you are generally looking at 1 hour to 1 hour 25 mins...

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
"3 hours on a good day by train from London"??? I know GTR aren't the best railway company but you are generally looking at 1 hour to 1 hour 25 mins...

..when they run at all, or aren't delayed, yep. I bet if you averaged it all out, including cancellations, I would not be far out...

the

Jul 25, 2018
London
Well, if nothing else, some of the Kurdish restaurants on Dalston High Street are sensational.

As for finding a pub to watch the Albion - good luck.

Hm... I've seen a lot of Turkish Restaurants around there on google maps, but no Kurdish ones. Would be cool to try Kurdish food though. I'll keep an eye out.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Hm... I've seen a lot of Turkish Restaurants around there on google maps, but no Kurdish ones. Would be cool to try Kurdish food though. I'll keep an eye out.

Rather than opening restuarants in Dalston those Kurds should be in the peshmerga putting holes in ISIS fellows.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Haven't signed a lease yet, but most likely Dalston. The other option I'm looking at is Walthamstow.

Make sure you check out Ruby's on a Saturday night, free entry and a bloody fantastic night out. Other recommendation would be Dalston Eastern Curve Garden on a sunny day. A literally hidden gem.

It's really easy to get down to Brighton for games so pick up a ticket where you can and watch it live. Otherwise, anything on Sky/BT Sport will always be shown in pubs, White Hart is always good, but always worth a walk to Bar Kick imo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here