Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Cricket question

ringmerseagulltoo

Feb 16, 2012
Just watching the test match with Silly Mid Wicket donning protective gear.

I don't know what restrictions there are on players apparel but the question popped into my mind; if slip fielders are there to make catches, just like the Wicket Keeper, can they wear keeper style gloves? Then, if they can, why don't they?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Law 28.1 Protective equipment

No fielder other than the wicket-keeper shall be permitted to wear gloves or external leg guards. In addition, protection for the hand or fingers may be worn only with the consent of the umpires.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Law 28.1 Protective equipment

No fielder other than the wicket-keeper shall be permitted to wear gloves or external leg guards. In addition, protection for the hand or fingers may be worn only with the consent of the umpires.

I wonder if old sandpaper hands Warner got consent for the "strapping" on his hand? [emoji23]

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I wonder if old sandpaper hands Warner got consent for the "strapping" on his hand? [emoji23]

Poor old Kumar Sangakkara's hands were held together by tape towards the end of his career.

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
When I played many many years ago all a batsman had were those gloves with the green spikes on, a set of pads that were bamboo cane inside a bit of horse hair and an ill fitting box. No helmet, you ducked, no hip or arm pads you moved your arms or body or if you were really hard you roughed it out. I know a player died recently but even the pundits said it was a one in a million accident.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
When I played many many years ago all a batsman had were those gloves with the green spikes on, a set of pads that were bamboo cane inside a bit of horse hair and an ill fitting box. No helmet, you ducked, no hip or arm pads you moved your arms or body or if you were really hard you roughed it out. I know a player died recently but even the pundits said it was a one in a million accident.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Same here. But the legislation is tougher these days- and rightly so. Facing your Truemans and Lillees without extra protection wasn't a sign of toughness. It was a sign of stupidity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here