Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Touching-up v Snowflakes

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It'll be interesting to see if past hostesses speak up. How long before a rape accusation is forthcoming?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Many have and said it was a good place and one even married a bloke from there :)
You can be sure many will try and reap some money with stories galore.

I'm sure for some it's a good experience, or a beneficial one at least. I'm sure for others it's a nightmare they wish they'd never agreed to. The former does not negate the latter.

Last edited:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It would take to long to re-educate you from scratch as it appears that is what you need but just leave it at most biases dont involve facts, or falsehoods thats why fake news love fact checkers, fake police for fake news.

If that was written in English then I'd still let it wash over me like a stream of piss from an overpriced hooker. In the Dorchester.

a75vqvw_700b.jpg

Being slightly more serious, it's a really sad state of affairs when so many men on here feel threatened by the idea of not being total c***s to women. Put your "media this" "feminism that" crap aside for a second and use your brain......

Oh no, you can't. Utter tools. I'm embarrassed that you support the same team as me tbf.

EDIT - not you looney, I know you're just playing - as ever.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I'm sure for some it's a good experience, or a beneficial one at least. I'm sure for others it's a nightmare they wish they'd never agreed to. The cornerback does not negate the latter.
You have a choice in life wether to do things or not and many chose this work and many no doubt hope for some nice money.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I've not said it was Ok, I've said, many times, I don't condone or approve of their behavior. I just also don't agree with you and others that these men were being anything more than drunk and flirtatious or that these women were "abused" or "assaulted" because they were touched on the hip, or even the bum. Perhaps you can point to one or two examples where it was more than that, but this article isn't about those one or two incidents, it's been made just as much about a hand on the hip, or "lower back", and I think that's stupid, and I think a lot of this story is patronizing to women.

If the story had been about the women who had a hand put up her skirt, or the guy who got is c*ck out, I would have had no objections, but conflating hand holding and hands on hip and hands on lower backs with those things is wrong.

I also believe that most women are not traumatized by a hand being placed on their lower back, and that most women are also perfectly capable of dealing with a man who steps out of line.
I think you need to reread the FT article.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
According to the Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jan/24/guest-list-presidents-club-all-male-charity-gala

Nadhim Zahawi
British Conservative MP who was appointed as education minister in a recent reshuffle. He chairs the All Party Parliamentary Group for Kurdistan and is also the co-founder of the web-based market research firm YouGov. A Downing Street spokesman said: “Mr Zahawi clearly did attend the event briefly and has himself said he felt uncomfortable at it at the point at which the hostesses were introduced by the host.”

David Walliams
The comedian, author and Britain’s Got Talent judge has hosted the dinner for the past three years. He tweeted: “I was there in a strictly professional capacity and not as a guest. I left immediately after I had finished my presenting on stage at 11.30pm. I did not witness any of the kind of behaviour that allegedly occurred and am absolutely appalled by the reports.”

So Walliams claims not to have witnessed anything whilst he was there before immediately leaving.

And Zahawi says he was uncomfortable at the point of the hostess introductions.

One wonders just how the hostesses were introduced (i.e. words, tone, manner), presumably by the host and much before 11:30pm.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Is this a fact? Are you saying that all women are weaker than all men? Well done, you've nailed sexism again in your first line and a half.

As to the second highlighted part, do you think it's appropriate for women to inappropriately touch men without their consent?

You clearly don't realise you're doing it, but your language is fundamentally sexist, and it's undermining the argument I genuinely believe you're trying to make, which feels like a sound one, even if the foundations are a tad wobbly. Not a criticism per se, just something you should probably consider when discussing the topic in future.

Are you being deliberately obtuse? You are misinterpreting really basic English. I do not believe your level of understanding is that compromised and you are clearly intentionally misinterpreting everything I say for the sake of having an argument. But instead of looking to have an argument with someone for something they have said you appear to want to argue against something that hasn't been said. It all seems a bit pointless to me and rather odd.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
If that was written in English then I'd still let it wash over me like a stream of piss from an overpriced hooker. In the Dorchester.

View attachment 93478

Being slightly more serious, it's a really sad state of affairs when so many men on here feel threatened by the idea of not being total c***s to women. Put your "media this" "feminism that" crap aside for a second and use your brain......

Oh no, you can't. Utter tools. I'm embarrassed that you support the same team as me tbf.

EDIT - not you looney, I know you're just playing - as ever.

Of course, your upset but how much of it is because people are refusing to fall in line and rubber stamp your agenda, the issue of the treatment of women to many is the secondry issue. This is what you are not getting.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Dawn Butler attempting to make a political point on this issue stopped in her tracks by channel four journalist who asked if jeremy Corbyn was going to discipline labour who was there. Perhaps she needs to look closer to home.
The story is running out of legs, the media are desperate to promote this story, but as yet still no one has come forward. Reminds me of the so called horse meat crisis a few years ago, the public are not stupid, they have already drawn their conclusions. It is appearing to be a middle class shock and again no one wants to listen to them.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
It will come as no surprise tonanyone on here that the 4 or 5 ****wits who condone this behaviour and focus more on the posters they don't like than the subject of discussion also: Voted Brexit, regularly post full on or quasi racist material and opinions and regularly de-rail interesting threads with their bigoted nonsense.
The Fairy Godfathers.

It would better to not undermine the serious points you are making by trying to link it to BREXIT. I just won’t bother reading any further.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here