Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Let's give Burnley Dale Stephens for Ashley Barnes back.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
A few? Or seven? And I don't know nothing. I know something. That's just obvious whether you know me or not.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Not our key man in pre season or this season. Weak link? Yes. If Kayal was fit he'd be gone.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
And please if you're gonna disagree with me, don't resort to insults.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Barnes played the same position under Poyet. It's because idiot fans who thought he was still a striker didn't know what Poyet was doing with Barnes that he left. He's exactly the sort of player we need right now.

As much as I was pro Barnes, he never, ever played as a defensive midfielder. Utter tosh.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Surreal.

Was our key man last season, pulling all the strings.

he had a "where is he" game, and you want to swap him out?

Do one will you.

I reckon I could manage two at least. Will you wait?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Ok. I'm not an idiot. But I'm very angry with Stephens. He wanted to leave. Now he's fine because we are in the premiership. And let me be clear. I thought our performance was excellent tonight. I thought Solly was superb. Duffy (who also made a mistake like Stephens) also superb. Bruno was great. Ryan solid. And I think the most underrated tonight was Jamie Murphy who consistently held the ball up and didn't give it away. I'm just disappointed in Stephens who wanted to engineer a move to Burnley and was tonight for me like he was against Atletico lacking in concentration.

And your true colours appear. You're one of the absolute ***** that was giving him stick all last season and were utterly silenced at how crucial he was to our promotion. One game in and you've found the courage to pipe up again due to one mistake being punished against title favourites. **** right off.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Murphy was tearing down the left and there was no one up with him so he turned tail and played the ball back , a couple more backward passes and the ball is back with our keeper.....10 seconds......Ryan then wellies the ball , a few players go up for it resulting in Stephens being in unexpected possession via a few ricochets......he is then robbed by De Bruyne who gallops off to set up Aguero.....you could point your vindictive pointy stick at a number of people here , if we are going to do the oppositions attacking play for them then we may as well accept a season of pain and suffering as Albion fans ......onwards and upwards as they say.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
He was indeed incredibly shit yesterday but so was our new signing Propper...... I'm sure they'll both have lots of good games for us this season once they settle in and when we're not playing the top 2-6 sides in the nervy first game.

Barnes was nice in the Champ but is not the answer now for us. Burnley use him well and we don't need ANY of our ex-players back.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Dale created our best chance of the game.
He also helped create their first goal.

Such is life.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
He was indeed incredibly shit yesterday but so was our new signing Propper...... I'm sure they'll both have lots of good games for us this season once they settle in and when we're not playing the top 2-6 sides in the nervy first game.

Barnes was nice in the Champ but is not the answer now for us. Burnley use him well and we don't need ANY of our ex-players back.

The whole team was incredibly shit.

Once pace is brought into our style of play, we'll be a lot more dangerous

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here