Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Akpom's stinking attitude

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ssssshhhh. You must tow the party line and never, ever, criticise an Albion player. It's the Stasi rules.

At the ground, no. On here, why not - especially as he is NOT OUR PLAYER.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I saw him at half time & commented about exactly the same thing! The only slight difference for me, is that you could argue that no one interacted with him either. None of the coaches or other players even acknowledged he was there! As you say, when they had the team huddle or whatever it was, they should have made sure he was involved as well, rather than ostracise the bloke. He doesn't help himself at all, in his manner & the way he carries himself so maybe they've tried & its just a waiting game until he goes back.

Maybe he's being a cock behind the scenes? When Knocky went ballistic on Friday it was obvious there is something amiss.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
You can see why fans got frustrated at him after the Blackburn game:

In 58 minutes against Rovers, Akpom managed zero shots, 12 touches and a worse pass completion rate than any other outfield starter.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
REMF quiz: 2077

Albion round.

Question 6:

Which on loan striker scored the winning goal 60 years ago to send the Albion into the old Premier League in a 1-0 win against Bristol City at the former Amex Stadium?

Answer:

Chuba Akpom

Fran112

Jun 6, 2011
Waterlooville
His half time warm up reminded me of a certain overweight Dutchman who finally seems to have disappeared up his own .....hole!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
REMF quiz: 2077

Albion round.

Question 6:

Which on loan striker scored the winning goal 60 years ago to send the Albion into the old Premier League in a 1-0 win against Bristol City at the former Amex Stadium?

Answer:

Chuba Akpom

It's not going to happen.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He may be shit but I'm not buying this "stinking attitude" nonsense based on five minutes of keepy uppy at half time.

If he had such a crap attitude, do you HONESTLY believe Sir Chris - - he of class, integrity and architect of the best team spirit we've probably never seen - would have let Akpom anywhere near our first team on Saturday or indeed tonight.

Give the guy a break FFS.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Akpom was a last minute signing as cover.
He's not very good .
If he had have been good he wouldn't have been available.
different players have different ways of warming up.
It doesn't matter, he'd probably still not contribute much on the pitch.
Cos he's not up to it
Chris gave him a chance, probably in hope more than expectation . He didn't take it.
He'll end up whitehawk via Wigan and Crawley

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Tomori is apparently going to be a star I agree but I don't think we can read anything into Akbom warm ups. That's just guesswork

Though if he's not even warming up properly, I would disagree. Personally I think we'd do him a favour longer term by sending him back with 'flea in his ear'.

To succeed you must have a good attitude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Poor boy. Perhaps he's depressed, perhaps he's anxious, perhaps upset by the vitriol being thrown at him by Albion supporters. No, he's no Tomori, and he'll be moving on at the end of the season, with some unhappy memories of Brighton. Perhaps it'll spur him into taking a good, hard look at his football and attitude. In a funny way, he may end up looking at his time here as an important, watershed moment of his career, and take some good from that.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Good to know we have a new 'hate' figure. I don't like the way he ties his boots

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
We're top of the league. Haven't you got anything better to do than look for faults in the latest victim? Sad muppet

I dont think the OP was looking at faults, and was making the same observation and comments that i had with other STH in the East upper . Akpom does seem to have an attitude and it was noticed by his lack of interaction with his team members

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here